Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Reports of Acura’s Death Greatly Exaggerated, Says Exec

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-09, 08:00 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I have no problems with SH-AWD (in fact, I'd rather they make it a feature on all their cars like how Subaru does with theirs).

What I think the problem is though is their new front grille:

versus

Old 01-23-09, 08:29 AM
JKA.nyc
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have more faith in Acura than Detroit. About 98% of cars out of Detroit are ugly and have crappy reliability, at least the new Acura's are just ugly.
Old 01-23-09, 09:24 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackraven
Personally, I have no problems with SH-AWD (in fact, I'd rather they make it a feature on all their cars like how Subaru does with theirs).

What I think the problem is though is their new front grille:

versus

i disagree.

they're both ugly as hell. the honda grille is only slightly better.

and the car looks like it's 10 years old. like an old chevy impala or something

Old 01-23-09, 09:40 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

Mendel no doubt hopes the new product launch will quiet online bloggers, who have been speculating in recent weeks the Acura brand is in dire straits.

“The only thing that was announced was the NSX (supercar) was canceled, and that we delayed the opening of the Yorii plant in (Saitama prefecture,) Japan,” Mendel says.
Excuse me? When the hell does an executive vice president base is company actions on "online bloggers" and why the hell isn't he doing something actually IMPORTANT that worrying about the chatter from kids in their rooms blogging mindless rubbish about a car, then in the same hour being caught on the internet saying L33T Haxxorz tight YoO!! in a sentence and meaning it.

Next batch of Acuras are coming in on the..........

Old 01-24-09, 03:32 AM
svelt
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Last time I cared about Acura was in 2005, when their lineup was solid:

TSX, TL, RL, RSX, NSX, MDX. It was a great time to walk into an Acura dealership and see all the choices available, each of them with a lot to offer.

I find this executive's post to be insulting frankly. I despise Acura because I was a former owner of an Acura and was once a fervent follower of the brand. I've long abandoned this wreck of a brand; Acura vastly over-promised and under-delivered instead of under-promising and over-delivering.
Old 01-24-09, 06:30 AM
herbvdh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMHO it would be no great loss. The first Acura Legend looked great I liked it so much that I was over to the only dealer they had test drove it and what a disaster transmission was gone only had one functioning gear salesman said turn around and drive back. He disappeared and did not want to be scene again. No info no price nothing. They still only got one dealer around here and I am in a big city area.