Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Audi Revs Up Hollywood-Style Chase Scene for 2009 Super Bowl

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-09, 09:34 AM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Audi Revs Up Hollywood-Style Chase Scene for 2009 Super Bowl

A supercharged Audi A6 is one of the stars of the German automaker's new Super Bowl ad.

Actor Jason Statham, best known for The Bank Job and Transporter series, shares the limelight with the A6 during "Chase," Audi's 2009 Super Bowl commercial.

HERNDON, Virginia — Inspired by the iconic chase scenes from such Hollywood movies as Bullitt, Gone in 60 Seconds and Smokey and the Bandit, Audi said it has created a 2009 Super Bowl ad called "Chase." The ad features action-movie star Jason Statham and a supercharged Audi A6.

Audi has not released the ad yet, but issued a teaser press release about it on Wednesday.

"Statham, known for his action-packed roles in the Transporter series, ****** and The Bank Job, rushes from decade to decade to avoid capture, trying to find a vehicle to aid his getaway," said Audi. "He finds that several other luxury vehicles fail to get the job done. That is, until he finds the supercharged Audi A6."

Audi does not spell out which luxury vehicles "fail to get the job done," but those choices clearly will be noted by viewers and the competition.

While it isn't clear just what other automakers have in mind for this year's Super Bowl, AdWeek reports that the "Chase" ad is part of a larger marketing onslaught on the part of the German automaker. "While many car companies are planning to hit the brakes on their TV spend, Audi is looking to build on the gains it made in market share a year ago," AdWeek said. It noted that Audi plans 15-20-percent increases in its "U.S. promotional spend" in 2009.

Last year, automakers cut back on their Super Bowl advertising, according to media reports. This year's game will air on Sunday, February 1.

Inside Line says: Audi's "Chase" is shaping up as one of the must-see Super Bowl commercials. — Anita Lienert, Correspondent
Source: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...cleId=140208#4
Old 01-22-09, 10:33 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i hope audi continues to grow bigger here
Old 01-22-09, 12:37 PM
Orzel
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, the upcoming Q5 and the current 09 A4 are sure a good start! We're actually thinking seriously about switching to Audi what with the less then steller redesign of the RX.
Old 01-22-09, 01:38 PM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
Me too. I like the direction they are taking the company in and they deserve to be around for a while.

Still have my eyes on an R8...maybe in 10 years.
Old 01-22-09, 02:28 PM
speed_Demo
Pole Position

Audi has been very aggressive in advertising the company image in movies & commercial. Pretty soon, Audi will beat Acura to Tier-I at current rate.

Ironman, Transport2&3, I-Robort that I can recall right now. Old school RONIN movie
Old 01-22-09, 05:07 PM
bad co
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by speed_Demo
Audi has been very aggressive in advertising the company image in movies & commercial. Pretty soon, Audi will beat Acura to Tier-I at current rate.

Ironman, Transport2&3, I-Robort that I can recall right now. Old school RONIN movie
Audi has been Tier-I since theyre flag ship A8 and thats since umm 1998. Plus they have more model's then Lex. In my book they are higher up then lex due to having a super car, and high performance variants and many engine choices.

btw you forgot hitman....
Old 01-22-09, 05:57 PM
FKL
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, audi is undoubtedly a tier one player on the global stage. Tier II in America on the sales front maybe, but not on any substantative one.
Old 01-22-09, 06:08 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by rominl
I love Audi. Can't wait to see this.

Old 01-22-09, 06:41 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by drunk_dave
Audi has been Tier-I since theyre flag ship A8 and thats since umm 1998. Plus they have more model's then Lex. In my book they are higher up then lex due to having a super car, and high performance variants and many engine choices.

btw you forgot hitman....
agreed
Old 01-22-09, 09:34 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I have liked many of the new audi models. I am amzed at the interior quality and the clean lines