Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Genesis Coupe pics from Korea

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-09, 01:27 PM
KA8
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

oohh I want one!! I should hold off TT conversion on my 300zx
Old 01-23-09, 02:12 PM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do these only come manual?
i want my girl to get one.lol

EDIT: just looked on the gennesis coupe.com
auto is optional only on the 2.0T...

Last edited by Anthony; 01-23-09 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-23-09, 02:13 PM
S8B
Lead Lap

Stock, they look a little cheap for me (but still great overall, especially considering the price). But once you modify them, they look stunning.

This car is hands down better than its competition. And by competition, I mean cars around its price range...NOT cars like a G37. Sure, its "G37-Inspired", but the market and price range is too different for it to be a real competitor to the G37 or any luxury sports coupe.

IMO, I would take a Genesis Coupe 3.8 over the RX8 in a heart beat.

Too bad they had to copy well know badges such as the 350GT/370GT & Aston Martin badge.
Old 01-23-09, 02:18 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by skater
Stock, they look a little cheap for me (but still great overall, especially considering the price). But once you modify them, they look stunning.

This car is hands down better than its competition. And by competition, I mean cars around its price range...NOT cars like a G37. Sure, its "G37-Inspired", but the market and price range is too different for it to be a real competitor to the G37 or any luxury sports coupe.

IMO, I would take a Genesis Coupe 3.8 over the RX8 in a heart beat.

Too bad they had to copy well know badges such as the 350GT/370GT & Aston Martin badge.
The Hyundai Genesis coupe competes with the Nissan Skyline. Both RWD, both sporty 4 seat coupes, both with big V-6s. We simply get Infiniti badges thus people will say "they don't compete". You do realize Infiniti uses RED "S" badges right.
I am not saying its BETTER than the G37 but as far as I am concerned its not far behind at all. Performance seems to be pretty close as well.

My opinion but the G37 looks way to feline and bland compared to this. THis looks aggresive and more like the G35.

Old 01-23-09, 02:20 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by primecut
Meh... It's alright. The design looks dated already, since they took bits and pieces from existing cars. The modified ones look good, but then again any decent looking car can be fixed up to look good. I actually think that the Accord Coupe looks better.
I can't begin to agree. The pic of it next to the IS, it makes the IS look rather upright and the IS is a very curvy car. The Accord coupe is not a bad looking vehicle but I find this much more aggresive and interesting.

The main weakness seems to be the interior.

Old 01-23-09, 04:27 PM
S8B
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
The Hyundai Genesis coupe competes with the Nissan Skyline. Both RWD, both sporty 4 seat coupes, both with big V-6s. We simply get Infiniti badges thus people will say "they don't compete". You do realize Infiniti uses RED "S" badges right.
I am not saying its BETTER than the G37 but as far as I am concerned its not far behind at all. Performance seems to be pretty close as well.

My opinion but the G37 looks way to feline and bland compared to this. THis looks aggresive and more like the G35.
Saying it competes with the G37 is like saying the 370Z competes with the Cayman. Sure, they're both aiming for it and are great bang for the buck and do many of the things the "other" more expensive car does, but does that really make them competitors?

As far as the red badging... what does the "S" have anything to do with what I stated? I was referring to the JDM 350GT/370GT badging from the V35/V36 Skyline. It's an exact copy, down to the style of the letters and the red GT emblem. C'mon now, there's no denying some of the badging is more than just "inspiration"

I agree that the G37 looks "softer" than the G35. And the Genesis Coupe definitely rivals the G37 in terms of a sporty look. The only exterior parts of the Genesis Coupe I have a problem with is the rear 1/4 panel window and the somewhat cheap looking front fascia.

Other than that, the Genesis Coupe is greater than anything around its price range!

Originally Posted by meowCat
I have now realized that the GeneCoupe does look better than the G37 Coupe. The GeneCoupe stands out more, more inspiring and spirited feel.
It's definitely a great looking car. They got their inspiration from a great source

Looks are subjective so I won't argue that. A stock G37 doesn't really do much for me, though they are great cars for the money. But I've seen modified ones that are very clean and aggressive looking. Gotta love the mods
Old 01-23-09, 05:06 PM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

It competes with the Accord and Altima coupes indirectly, the GenCoupe is RWD with more omphh than both Accord and the Altima. Now pitching the GenCoupe at the G37 is alittle farfetched but if Hyundai DOES end up forming a luxury brand and play with the GenCoupe styling cues to look more luxurious then yeah Infiniti has a lot to worry about.
Old 01-23-09, 10:10 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

i don't think you posted enough pics.

anyway, car looks GRREEEEEAAAAT!!!!

kudos to hyundai.
Old 01-24-09, 09:40 PM
LexFather

Saying it competes with the G37 is like saying the 370Z competes with the Cayman. Sure, they're both aiming for it and are great bang for the buck and do many of the things the "other" more expensive car does, but does that really make them competitors?

As far as the red badging... what does the "S" have anything to do with what I stated? I was referring to the JDM 350GT/370GT badging from the V35/V36 Skyline. It's an exact copy, down to the style of the letters and the red GT emblem. C'mon now, there's no denying some of the badging is more than just "inspiration"

I agree that the G37 looks "softer" than the G35. And the Genesis Coupe definitely rivals the G37 in terms of a sporty look. The only exterior parts of the Genesis Coupe I have a problem with is the rear 1/4 panel window and the somewhat cheap looking front fascia.

Other than that, the Genesis Coupe is greater than anything around its price range!

It's definitely a great looking car. They got their inspiration from a great source

Looks are subjective so I won't argue that. A stock G37 doesn't really do much for me, though they are great cars for the money. But I've seen modified ones that are very clean and aggressive looking. Gotta love the mods
Well skater sorry but seems CAR magazine agrees with what I said months ago. They test the new Genesis coupe and the first two cars mentioned as competition are
-370Z
-Infiniti G37

As a matter of fact they state on page 80 "the Genesis feels exactly like the G37"

The January 09 issue.

Old 01-24-09, 11:11 PM
YEH
Pole Position

Uhm, you do know that there are/were like 5-6 automakers w/ a winged-badge (as well as a few motorbike manufacturers).

Austin Healey, Bentley, Chrysler, etc.
Old 01-25-09, 12:12 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by YEH
Uhm, you do know that there are/were like 5-6 automakers w/ a winged-badge (as well as a few motorbike manufacturers).

Austin Healey, Bentley, Chrysler, etc.
I was thinking the very same thing. people are gonna be a little jumpy about any new comer trying to shoot for the king .
Old 01-25-09, 12:53 AM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

mini has a winged badge too. i'm gonna debadge the front and put a winged badge on the back.
Old 01-25-09, 08:52 AM
LexFather

FYI it looks good in magazine pics too

Old 01-26-09, 05:35 AM
LexFather

Old 01-26-09, 06:09 AM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are some pretty nice cars. These modded ones have really made me have second thoughts about the Coupe.

My favorite one is this one.

Quick Reply: Genesis Coupe pics from Korea