Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

GM delays CTS Coupe until mid-2010, Chevrolet Cruze until 2011

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-09, 07:55 AM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Cruze is going to be delayed until 2011? This is supposed to be the high volume sales car that is supposed to save GM. What's going to save them in the mean time??

Also, how much longer is the current CTS body style going to soldier on??
Old 08-09-09, 08:44 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,584 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I am amazed and almost angry for the americans who buy fords ( I would never) when I see the quality and read about the handling prowess of Fords European models. Why do they give the American consumers the crap. I think because the competiton from the other american car companies was also **** while in europe they are competing with the more refined euro manufacturers
perhaps you're not aware of the corp structure of ford that has lead to this situation (which is now changing). unlike GM, Ford was DELIBERATELY built as a set of separately operating companies with almost NO sharing of anything. we can say that's dumb, but maybe it made sense decades ago when business wasn't so 'global'. the new ceo at ford is working like mad to make ford global, but it's not easy. about those european fords... they were designed and built with NO THOUGHT given to u.s. regulations so that's an obstacle. again, that's changing, but trying to build global cars also slows their development as a ton of things need to be factored into the design.

anyway, over time we will see more 'global' ford products, especially as the u.s. govt begins to look more like europe's and we get taxed and regulated even more.