Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

If you had to go topless in Japanese style what would you do????

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-09, 12:47 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts
Default If you had to go topless in Japanese style what would you do????

I am loving the fact that these two beautiful cars are on the horizon. I love the power, looks, and design elements in both of thesecars. They are also both very similarly priced and will probably have to battle for market share. I was wondering which one do you like and why????

I like them both equally. I amvery excited to see them tuned at the next SEMA show. Can you imagine driving one of these cars lowered with a set of nice wheels on a beautiful sunny day. WOW!!!! sounds like the stuff dreams are made of.. What is your flavor????
Attached Thumbnails If you had to go topless in Japanese style what would you do????-lexus-is-infiniti-g37-convertibles-500.jpg  
Old 01-27-09, 12:49 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

they lexus IS350C is going to be a refreshing breath of fresh air after the stagnent and very dated SC
Attached Thumbnails If you had to go topless in Japanese style what would you do????-is-250c.jpg  
Old 01-27-09, 12:52 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

The G37 will have more power and a slightly lower stance. AGain this car will look amazing worked. A nice drop and a nice set of wheels and this thing will look like a million dollars
Attached Thumbnails If you had to go topless in Japanese style what would you do????-2009infinitig37convertible.09infinitig37f34.img.jpg  
Old 01-27-09, 12:53 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

If you have long hair and dont want a convertible you can just take off your shirt and drive thisVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Attached Thumbnails If you had to go topless in Japanese style what would you do????-g37sedan-sema-grubbs.jpg  
Old 01-27-09, 07:39 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
The G37 will have more power and a slightly lower stance. AGain this car will look amazing worked. A nice drop and a nice set of wheels and this thing will look like a million dollars
G37 certainly looked better than the Lexus at the San Jose auto show this month. Less of a humpback rear to hide retracting top.
Old 01-27-09, 09:08 AM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would go with the G37. I have always loved that coupe and I much prefer the stance to the ISC. In addition, the power and performance, not to mention an actual optional manual, would make the G my hands down choice between these two.
Old 01-27-09, 09:13 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't really like the look of convertibles, but if I had to the G37 looks better too me.
Old 01-27-09, 10:08 AM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

From a practical standpoint convertibles in general and softtops in particular are not a great investment for most of us.
  • Climate often determines the real utility of a folding top. Can you drive with the top down without frying or freezing more than maybe three or four months out of the year? In the days before AC, it was a nice summer alternative to four open windows, but times have changed, and despite the sporty look of a convertible, we have become spoiled by our comforts: silence, stereo, and climate control.

• Security is always a problem with a ragtop. A quick flick of a knife can open your convertible to thieves, vandals, etc., and do it silently. A good alarm helps, but by the time it sounds, a the major damage has been done, and after years of listening to false alarms, most folks now ignore them.

• Structure is often compromised without the reinforcement of a solid roof, whether viewed as a chassis rigidity issue or rollover protection. Because most convertibles tend toward the bendy, they often display rattles, shakes, and all manner of quivers. To overcome the lost roof structure, many still try to reinforce the frame or floor pan, adding a considerable amount of weight, offsetting the weight savings of the canvas/vinyl top.

• Limitations on cabin dimensions are required for a folding hard top. That means that ALL of the area to be uncovered must be accommodated behind the rearmost seat. It means that the width of the top must fit above the rear fender wells, necessitating a rather large "bustle", while the length must be folded a time or two to open a long space and stow in a short one. The folding and clamping mechanism to accomplish all of this must be strong and reliable in addition to being safe from inquiring fingers.

• Compromises to weight, balance, and other issues often result from a folding hard top, whether is is a rather misshapen rear end, or limited cargo space, and a raised CG behind the rear wheels when the top is stowed. Of course it is considerably better than a soft top in many respects, but a folding hard top creates a number of other offsetting problems.
Old 01-27-09, 10:13 AM
LexFather

That red one looks like a giant jellybean. No thanks.

I don't really like the looks of either and neither really appeals to me. I would like the bloomingdales G37 b/c it has red leather with a silver body.

Quite frankly, I'm thinking modded used SC 430 over them both. A true luxury convertible GT.

I prefer the 3 convert hardtop to the IS and G37. I will reserve final judgement after seeing all in person.

Old 01-27-09, 10:17 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

[QUOTE=Lil4X;4199791]From a practical standpoint convertibles in general and softtops in particular are not a great investment for most of us.[LIST]

Yes, cars generally are poor investments.

Of course a convertible is less practical and the reasons are very obvious to the enthusiast.

But most convertibles have higher resale value than equivalent hardtops.
Old 01-27-09, 11:46 AM
Epik151
Driver

Both look extremely feminine. I'd rather take a S2000, Vantage (of course) or even a Miata. It's not just that but these are going to attract the same ladies who would buy a 3 series but -- "oh my god this one is so much prettier!".
Old 01-27-09, 12:00 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After seeing both at the LA Auto Show, I would take the IS
Old 01-27-09, 12:02 PM
FKL
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS-SV
G37 certainly looked better than the Lexus at the San Jose auto show this month. Less of a humpback rear to hide retracting top.
x2. I saw them there and the g37 definitely looks better. Bizzare rear end on the isc.
Old 01-27-09, 01:04 PM
Koma

The only topless look that I like:

I hate canvas on cars with a passion and hardtops still look weird with the top down because they lack the rear pillar. It's just my opinion but this is the only form of topless I could go for.
Old 01-27-09, 01:06 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Epik151
Both look extremely feminine. I'd rather take a S2000, Vantage (of course) or even a Miata. It's not just that but these are going to attract the same ladies who would buy a 3 series but -- "oh my god this one is so much prettier!".
Yes Vantage (of course), hard top or convert, too cool.

Quick Reply: If you had to go topless in Japanese style what would you do????