Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What Mercedes has to live up to (mb build quality)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-09, 06:38 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

The spirit of the old Mercedes build quality still lives on in the G-Wagon (Gelandewagen).....NOT the new G-class. The G-Wagon is a much older vehicle. . It is literally like a bank vault, and never suffered the quality degredation after the early 90's that other M-B- products did.
Old 01-30-09, 09:56 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by jracerlmn
nah, pictures never do the cars justice. When that "new" s-class was coming out, it looked like **** in the pictures, but it looks just fine.

The GLK i hate because i just hate anything smaller than a RX.

The E-class has always been pretty damn good looking from the start i think. Generation after generation it's been pretty good.
hehehe i still don't like the s class design i actually love the current e, looks so good, but the next generation, err....
Old 01-30-09, 10:08 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
hehehe i still don't like the s class design i actually love the current e, looks so good, but the next generation, err....
Me too, the current S-class had grown on me a little, but not the rear end, which looks fugly. The side view is meh, even though I have gotten used to the wheel arches, it only looks good from the front.
I still can't believe the looks is one of the main reasons I did not end up getting the S550, whereas the previous generation S-class looks SO much better than the LS430.

I think the current E-class is the best looking E ever, & the previous generations E-class never look good to me. The new E-class does not look promising from the pics, even though I think I will like the interior.
Old 01-30-09, 11:09 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Me too, the current S-class had grown on me a little, but not the rear end, which looks fugly. The side view is meh, even though I have gotten used to the wheel arches, it only looks good from the front.
I still can't believe the looks is one of the main reasons I did not end up getting the S550, whereas the previous generation S-class looks SO much better than the LS430.

I think the current E-class is the best looking E ever, & the previous generations E-class never look good to me. The new E-class does not look promising from the pics, even though I think I will like the interior.
if the current gen s class is something like the prev gen, it's very possible we would have gotten the s550 instead of the ls460l

i do hope soon mb quality can get back to the old level where literally everyone calls mb a "tank"
Old 01-30-09, 04:31 PM
FKL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find the doos of the new C and S class models to close like tanks, something the last C didn't do for me. Don't know if you can explode the engine with tnt though.!