Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Does anybody else hate Scion / TC Drivers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-09, 02:39 PM
PHXSC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

next time instead of tapping the brake pedal, use the emergency brake - you get great slowing without warning the punk behind you.
I think the slowest drivers are Prius drivers - I can't stand being behind a Prius
Old 01-30-09, 02:48 PM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I despise anyone that drives like that, regardless of what car they're using to be a smacktard.
Old 01-30-09, 03:53 PM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I say, I expect to see the "I hate *insert Make/Model here* drivers" threads on forums like Scionlife, but I didn't expect that of Lexus drivers.

I don't think it matters what car a person is driving, if they drive like a dumba$$. And I don't think one can put a blanket statement out there that all drivers of a certain car drive a certain way, good or bad.

And I'm not just saying this because I work for Scion.
Old 01-30-09, 03:56 PM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PHXSC
next time instead of tapping the brake pedal, use the emergency brake - you get great slowing without warning the punk behind you.
I think the slowest drivers are Prius drivers - I can't stand being behind a Prius
That's what my E-shift is good for, few taps on the buttons til it beeps, oh they slow you down alright.
Old 01-30-09, 03:57 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

3 series drivers are the king of douchebags
Old 01-30-09, 04:04 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Scions, civics, LS400, Ford Mustangs, etc....any car with a teenager driving it, I tend to avoid.

Civics are everywhere so of course you'll see more reckless driving from them. There are a fair share of Scion TCs are equally as bad. I encounter them more than civic drivers. So true about most Scion's first mod..it's either lower the car or adding on an exhaust.
Old 01-30-09, 04:06 PM
FKL
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by speed_Demo
Dude, you pretty much slaming on teens. Which is understandable at that age of driving wreckless.

Civic, Scion- teens bracket. So save yourself, just ignore it or call the highway/police and give them license plate.

It be different if they were driving corvett, lexus, bmw, benz. Then they deserve full blow.
Originally Posted by IntegresS
I say, I expect to see the "I hate *insert Make/Model here* drivers" threads on forums like Scionlife, but I didn't expect that of Lexus drivers.

I don't think it matters what car a person is driving, if they drive like a dumba$$. And I don't think one can put a blanket statement out there that all drivers of a certain car drive a certain way, good or bad.

And I'm not just saying this because I work for Scion.

You two are completely correct! I do know better, I'm just madly frustrated by this moron, I needed a way to vent!

There are plenty of high-end luxury cars around here, yet I find that most drivers of those cars are very pleasant, conscientious and generally will go out of their way to accomodate anyone wishing to signal into their lane for instance. Everytime I see a high-end exotic or even a M or AMG spec car, they are usually just cruising along.

my thesis is that cheap fart cans think they have something to prove. (well, they do relatively speaking!).
Old 01-30-09, 04:40 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Default Most ticketed drivers.

Guess where the Scion driver's fit in?

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...t-tickets.aspx
Old 01-30-09, 04:54 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

looks like I need a Jag ...

Last edited by Faymester; 01-30-09 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-30-09, 05:53 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

TC's are not performance cars. I dont know about generalizing by the car as much as the age group. There are 16 yr olds doing the same crap in mom and dad 3 ton SUV. I am sorry about the damage to car, but I wonder why the jerk would do that if you just tapped the brake. My friend was once brake checked really really hard by some clown he was racing and he showered his opponent with change and took off. He was sure the other guy would have called the cops but they never did. I guess he got lucky.
Old 01-30-09, 06:01 PM
FKL
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I am sorry about the damage to car, but I wonder why the jerk would do that if you just tapped the brake.

As he went by screaming, I smiled. That must have hit some button. Fool.
Old 01-30-09, 06:28 PM
IS350jet
Pole Position

^^ Last time I was in California (Pasadena) a couple of months ago, it was an absolute joy driving on their roadways, compared to south Florida. It must be geographical because here, in Fort Lauderdale, Altima drivers are the worst I have ever seen.
Old 01-30-09, 09:25 PM
Koma

I own a tC and I don't drive like that but that's probably cause I am 22 and responsible and don't find any reason to weave in and out of traffic because I know it's not going to get me anywhere faster and I used to be a Lexus owner. The tC is pretty peppy for a 4 banger though, so I wouldn't say that they're completely slow vehicles but definitely no sports car.
I've added 0 mods to my car because my car came modded from the dealer. So I guess I have a fart can exhaust (TRD).
You should never brake check especially on the highway, if the moron tailgating you doesn't brake in time you get into an accident and could pile up more cars behind you. I just move over if someone really wants to get by.
Old 01-31-09, 12:34 AM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm 17 and I drive a 14 year old Lexus, but I don't weave across three lanes of traffic, tailgate people, or flick coins out the window. Granted Scion is targeted to the younger generation, but it's not like every single young adult is an irresponsible a--hat who will end up wrapping their riced out Civic/Altima/Elantra around a tree. And thanks to those who do, my annual insurance rate is enough to purchase me a high-mileage older Lexus.

IMO, as IntegresS/Jennifer stated, I don't think it boils down to the cars, it boils down to the drivers of the car. If you stick the same tC driver in a Sienna, he/she will still drive like an idiot. In my area, we have some intelligent hybrid drivers who don't drive like idiots (shock!) and some very reputable teen drivers, though I have encountered a fair share of those who truly drive like idiots including one in a Camaro and another in a Acura MDX(?).

I'm not saying that teen drivers aren't reckless, but I would appreciate it if some would realize that not all of us are complete fools who don't know wtf to do at a red light.

So, what would have y'all done if you were right behind a ***** who flicked a coin at your immaculate and shiny car and attempted to run away?

Last edited by felixsc300; 01-31-09 at 12:55 AM.
Old 01-31-09, 05:51 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Most of the TCs that I see around here are driven by females, and they tend to be more level-headed on the road. Worst teenage driver that I ever experienced was in his daddy's Benz.

Quick Reply: Does anybody else hate Scion / TC Drivers?