Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Does anybody else hate Scion / TC Drivers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-09, 12:50 PM
FKL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anybody else hate Scion / TC Drivers?

I am not one to generalize, much less about something as menial as "xxx car has the most stupid drivers" , but in this case I swear there is something to it. Scions are driven by these dumb kids, usually 18-23 years old, especially TCs. They like to weave up and down the traffic doing 85-90mph like they are in some sort of sports car. Well I have news for them: your car is a guised up Corolla, I mean get a god damn clue. I am very frustrated as today I see another Scion TC come racing up the freeway, doing the usual weaving and riding everybody's rear end tactics. I am in the second lane to the right (lane 3?), the traffic is very conjested, and I'm doing about 68, cars by both sides. He does a dangerous quick 3-lane change (with no signal), just slicing by cars. He then procedes to ride my *** (yes, like I have anywhere to go even if I wanted to), then procedes to weave into the slow lane, and when he decides he can't overtake me (another cars in front of him going slower), he gets back on my ***. Now I'm just starting to get ticked off (I tried very hard not to let it get to me), I ticked on my brake lights (not a hard brake check by any means). He then swerved into the lane to the left, floored his measly little engine and got in front, opened his little sunroof, and threw a god damned penny out the window, then proceded to do another 3-lane change into the exit ramp, over the white line (guess he was scared to deal with the ramifications). My black accord, which was immaculate before today, now has a tiny knick on the hood. I am so angry right now.

I see these same morons in these same cars all the time acting as if I-680 (danville/wanutcreek) is some sort of race track for their garbage underpowered wanna be sports cars. To hell with them.

This is the THIRD time in two months I have had a run in with a dumb child in a TC. Three weeks ago I was going too slow in the HOV (80mph, so slow), couldn't get around so they tried passing in the emergency lane(!) - I ramped this one up to a drug induced/drunk driver perhaps, i don't think any sane person could be that supid. When I realized that I got far, far away. Other time is what looked likea 16 year old completely blazing by me doing another just stupid 3-lane change. Maybe it's my luck, maybe

Last edited by FKL; 01-30-09 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-30-09, 12:53 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 738 Likes on 509 Posts

I've had more issues with Civics.
Old 01-30-09, 12:58 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Allen K
+1 on Civics, especially the rice-rocket ones

disclaimer: we don't have Scion in Canada unless you go to all the trouble to import it ... but when I go down to WA ... I still say +1 on Civics
Old 01-30-09, 12:59 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Over at the East Coast, those type of drivers usually drives Max or Altima. Then there are those Honda ones that lacks common sense
Old 01-30-09, 01:04 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same here. But I can't be bothered to hate on 'em. Does sound like some scary incident though.
Old 01-30-09, 01:05 PM
2000LEX
Lexus Test Driver

Haha thats funny, it also seems the first "mod" a tc owner does is either slam it or put on a fart can. Oh then paint the rims.
Old 01-30-09, 01:05 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No, but I hate Corolla drivers and to some extent Camry drivers. However, not near as much as most hybrid drivers; what is it with these people? It's like they drive a hybrid and it's good for the environment, we all get that, and that gives them a free pass to be complete f'ing idiots?
Old 01-30-09, 01:07 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 738 Likes on 509 Posts

Originally Posted by 92 SC400
No, but I hate Corolla drivers and to some extent Camry drivers. However, not near as much as most hybrid drivers; what is it with these people? It's like they drive a hybrid and it's good for the environment, we all get that, and that gives them a free pass to be complete f'ing idiots?
Agreed. I understand you can ride in the HOV lane without passengers but if you're going 65 in the fast lane (not the HOV) and everyone is passing you, you need to move the hell over.
Old 01-30-09, 01:14 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Agreed. I understand you can ride in the HOV lane without passengers but if you're going 65 in the fast lane (not the HOV) and everyone is passing you, you need to move the hell over.
lol, please go be environmentally friendly somewhere else (ideally not in front of me)
Old 01-30-09, 01:31 PM
bad co
Lexus Champion

i hate toytota and honda driver's they accel the slowest out everyone in toll booths they go 20 in a 25 zone with a wide open road in front, people go 40 in theese condtions i hate it!! i end up passing them by going on the wrong side of the rode along with a parade of others behind me
Old 01-30-09, 01:31 PM
robloc93
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Totally agree....Funny how I actually told my brother yesterday that these TC drivers are idiots. The ones in the Xb's are also annoying,they look cool modded but don't try to pass me rocking an Echo engine thinking your Speed Racer.

Last edited by robloc93; 01-30-09 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-30-09, 01:36 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

that is something a b#@^* would do, throwing a penny out of the window to hit your car and then running away. Too bad you couldnt have followed him and see how scared he got when you are right behind him.
Old 01-30-09, 01:39 PM
speed_Demo
Pole Position

Dude, you pretty much slaming on teens. Which is understandable at that age of driving wreckless.

Civic, Scion- teens bracket. So save yourself, just ignore it or call the highway/police and give them license plate.

It be different if they were driving corvett, lexus, bmw, benz. Then they deserve full blow.
Old 01-30-09, 01:42 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

^ I like full blow!
Old 01-30-09, 02:24 PM
Oleg400
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Faymester
lol, please go be environmentally friendly somewhere else (ideally not in front of me)
Oh LOL that made my day, I have friends with TC's yes the 1st thing they bought for the cars were coffee can mufflers, got the rims powder coated, and they street race likes there is no 2mrw. They always try to show off but i don't see how someone making noise shifting gears at 6k rpm and still going 40mph is impressing anyone.
In Chicago TC's seem to be catching up to the civics, altimas and Maximas are in a tie for 3rd. SLOWMOBILES for the loss

Quick Reply: Does anybody else hate Scion / TC Drivers?