Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Miley Cyrus dumps the Cayenne for a....

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-09, 09:51 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right.

Well that's dumb.

I have a hard time believing this somehow actually made her happier. Noboday actually wants a Prius more than any other car.
Old 02-02-09, 10:13 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

First and foremost, no matter what people argue about the Prius' eco-friendliness , it's still a small step to a bigger picture.

You guys may not be "tree huggers," but we all need to be a little more conscious of what we will leave for our children and grandchildren.

Second, if a certain car makes you more happy, then go for it. Why the hell do you think another car will make me happier? Do you think Miley will be happy driving a diesel Mercedes, or an electric car? We don't know, so don't rain on her parade.

I remember the first time I bought my very first car. It was a Toyota Solara, and that car was (for me) the best and most perfect car on the road. Let Miley think the same about her Prius...
Old 02-02-09, 10:15 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Finally! One less thing to worry about in Hollywood.

And the fact that a Prius pollutes more when the manufacturing process is factored in is BS to me - Toyota runs an efficient show. If you want to look a hybrid that "pollutes" more, give Honda a look - Honda's stupid for shipping the interior, suspension, and body panels from their East Liberty and Alliston, Ontario plants over to their Suzuka plant and then shipping a finished Civic Hybrid back here. The Prius is wholly Japanese.

Last edited by nthach; 02-02-09 at 10:21 PM.
Old 02-02-09, 10:51 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nthach
Finally! One less thing to worry about in Hollywood.

And the fact that a Prius pollutes more when the manufacturing process is factored in is BS to me - Toyota runs an efficient show. If you want to look a hybrid that "pollutes" more, give Honda a look - Honda's stupid for shipping the interior, suspension, and body panels from their East Liberty and Alliston, Ontario plants over to their Suzuka plant and then shipping a finished Civic Hybrid back here. The Prius is wholly Japanese.
I completely agree with you.
but did you read my post above? I suggested an late 80s turbo diesel Mercedes Benz and running bio diesel so no new car is made.
Old 02-02-09, 11:02 PM
ren495
Pole Position

Great for her! Why does a 16 year old girl need a Cayenne? Heck, why does anyone need a Cayenne? Dump that poser-SUV-sport car thats neither SUV nor sport car for something that does some good for the world and sends less money to Putin and Saudi Arabia.

If I was a 16 year old girl I'd roll around in a Prius. But I'm not so I'm saving for the Fisker Karma
Old 02-03-09, 12:56 AM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
I completely agree with you.
but did you read my post above? I suggested an late 80s turbo diesel Mercedes Benz and running bio diesel so no new car is made.
The older W123/W124/W126 Benzes were SOLID cars, but they're not exactly reliable either. Not to mention most examples found will have a shot suspension/chassis or interior, and a tired powertrain.

I think a 1994-2002 Ford F250 with the 7.3L Navistar or a Dodge Ram 2500 with the Cummins B5.9/ISB is an ideal biodiesel platform too - both are solid, proven engines but Chrysler can't build a strong tranny and Fords tend to have some issues.
Old 02-03-09, 04:58 AM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just heard on the radio that Elvis Duran told her to get the Prius because it saves the environment lol
Old 02-03-09, 05:38 AM
patrickgs3
Driver

i wonder who is gonna beat with miley in the back of the prius. fold the seats down like whoa!!
Old 02-03-09, 07:05 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nthach
The older W123/W124/W126 Benzes were SOLID cars, but they're not exactly reliable either. Not to mention most examples found will have a shot suspension/chassis or interior, and a tired powertrain.

I think a 1994-2002 Ford F250 with the 7.3L Navistar or a Dodge Ram 2500 with the Cummins B5.9/ISB is an ideal biodiesel platform too - both are solid, proven engines but Chrysler can't build a strong tranny and Fords tend to have some issues.
she's miley cyrus, im sure she can afford an OEM set of air ride or whatever else she wants to do to "pimp" her car .

7.3 liter...holy cow.
Old 02-03-09, 07:38 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 162 Likes on 138 Posts

A car something the size of a Prius is better for a first-time driver like Ms. Cyrus. My only knock against the Prius is that every time I have driven one, I have a hard time seeing out the back given the angle of the back window.
Old 02-03-09, 10:11 AM
nthach
Lexus Champion

The Prius uses the same rear window config as the Honda CRX/Insight - a small tinted "strip" gives you a direct view of the back. I use the backup camera on my parent's.
Old 02-03-09, 10:13 AM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
she's miley cyrus, im sure she can afford an OEM set of air ride or whatever else she wants to do to "pimp" her car .

7.3 liter...holy cow.
The 7.3 PSDs were a rock solid motor - they were picky about the oil since they used electrohydraulic injectors activated by high pressure engine oil. The 6.0s and 6.4s are bug infested.
Old 02-03-09, 10:43 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

I was eating my seaweed and alfalfa sandwich on wheat bread and about to chase that with a cold glass of goats milk before heading out on my Honda scooter to recycle my aluminum cans when I read this... brought me to tears...

And what's with the Hanna Montana ad on the right side column of the page... coincidence???

Last edited by rdgdawg; 02-03-09 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-03-09, 11:09 AM
farquad
Lexus Test Driver

hmm, i could've sworn she bought an LX
Old 02-03-09, 11:28 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rdgdawg
I was eating my seaweed and alfalfa sandwich on wheat bread and about to chase that with a cold glass of goats milk before heading out on my Honda scooter to recycle my aluminum cans when I read this... brought me to tears...

And what's with the Hanna Montana ad on the riight side column of the page... coincidence???
Did someone say goat?

Quick Reply: Miley Cyrus dumps the Cayenne for a....