Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Nissan Planning to Trim Three Models (Quest/Armada/QX56)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-09, 07:04 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
No. The Sienna, like the Odyssey handily outsells the Quest, by a wide margin. Toyota and Honda would be foolish to drop them. .
Not only does the Sienna outsell the Quest. But the Sienna and Quest are far ahead of the competition with regards to reliability, funcationality, features etc.

Toyota and Honda will not cancel the Sienna or Odyssey. Both are far superior to the American vehicles.

The Chrysler and Dodge minivans, despite their deserved reputation for poor quality, also continue to sell relatively well
The Chrysler and Dodge both sell well because they appeal to the blue collar, working class family that values a good rebate, excellent features, good styling and American made ideals. A friend a worker has a Town and Country and the heat, windows, antenna, one sliding door, rear wiper do not work. He won't fix it because he doesn't have the money.
Old 02-03-09, 07:09 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Nextourer
I wonder if Toyota has any reason to drop the Sequoia? They do have the Land Cruiser and if I had to pick between the two, I'd keep the LC.
The problem with the Sequoia is that they can only really sell it in North America. The vehicle is way to big and brute for world markets. The Land Cruiser (my favorite Toyota) has a 50 year heritage, 150+ worldwide countries where it is sold, legendary reputation, slightly smaller size, much more up scale interior with regards to details.

Toyota needs to move either one of these vehicles from a body on frame design to a unibody design like the Mercedes GL/RR class to survive in NA.
Old 02-03-09, 07:37 PM
shyguy16
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Now that the Armada and QX are gone as I said they would I will post an old 1SICKREVIEW of the QX I wrote but never put in public. It is by far the worst luxury badged anything I've ever driven in my existence yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Its is horrid beyond imagination.
cmon man, we know u hate nissan but it's not that bad.
Old 02-03-09, 09:59 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by shyguy16
cmon man, we know u hate nissan but it's not that bad.
Why don't you do a search and see my support for Nissan before making that statement. It is what it is, the vehicle is horrid and shameful and they all should be burned to the ground. Clearly consumers agree, it never sold well and now its being discontinued.

If it wasn't so bad, it would stick around.

Originally Posted by pagemaster
No way. They worst ever rebadge has to be the first generation Cadillac Escalade.
I'll tell you why its worse. B/C the QX56 is just as badly built and just as bad a rebadge when it debuted and today as the Escalade back in 1999. Its like they didn't even try. The Armada wasn't a great starting point to begin with.

So that sums it up pretty well. The QX is the new version of the 1999 Escalade.

Old 02-04-09, 02:09 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Production of Infiniti QX56, Nissan Armada and Quest on hold in the U.S. due to economic problems

Infiniti QX56The economic problems facing the auto industry has hit large SUVs and minivans the hardest. A lineup of three models that have been prioritized for production standstill by 2010 include the Infiniti QX56, Nissan Armada and Nissan Quest. These cars are being manufactured currently at the Canton, Mississippi car factory.

Although the future of the Armada is uncertain at this point in time, the future versions of the QX56 and Quest will be produced in Japan. The absence of the Armada from the list of ‘future production’ implies that it has finally met its end in this generation. The reason for this, of course, is its significant fall in sales of 50.4 percent last year in contrast to 2007. The Canton factory will be taken over by the latest NV-series of commercial vehicles. Meanwhile, on a lighter note, Nissan-Infiniti’s latest version of the M, QX and a brand new gasoline-electric hybrid version have been given a go for production.

http://www.4wheelsnews.com/productio...omic-problems/
Old 02-04-09, 02:34 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wonderful, lots of data about minivans and large SUV's that I avoid anyway and the consumer seems to be doing the same thing lately.
Old 02-04-09, 02:35 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No way. They worst ever rebadge has to be the first generation Cadillac Escalade.
And the hybrid Escalade fixes all that for GM., good luck with that.
Old 02-04-09, 03:27 PM
herbvdh
Lexus Test Driver

They actually had the Armada yet I only ever remember seeing one Armada but a lot of the QX56. My neighbor had a QX56 they were not happy with it at all. They actually replaced it with a small Mazda.
Old 02-04-09, 10:43 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

They need to trim the fat
Old 02-05-09, 04:56 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Now that the Armada and QX are gone as I said they would I will post an old 1SICKREVIEW of the QX I wrote but never put in public. It is by far the worst luxury badged anything I've ever driven in my existence yesterday, today and tomorrow.
Excuse me? Cadillac Cimarron???
Old 02-05-09, 04:59 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nextourer
I wonder if Toyota has any reason to drop the Sequoia? They do have the Land Cruiser and if I had to pick between the two, I'd keep the LC.
except that you can get a fully loaded Sequoia for the price of a base Land Cruiser. And if you don't need the LC's off road capabilities, I my vote would be for the Sequoia.