Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

10 Most/Least ticketed cars

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-09, 02:09 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 10 Most/Least ticketed cars

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...r-a-cop-magnet

Must be a lot of those riced-out Scions I guess...
Old 02-06-09, 02:20 PM
Mpunk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This list is pretty much useless because it doesn't distinguish "moving violation" tickets from parking infractions.

Even the article's author doesn't know what the tickets are for: "Like the Scion tC, the xB is aimed at younger drivers. Still, when you look at the xB's less-than-stellar performance, it's safe to assume that all the tickets xB drivers are getting aren't moving violations."

The Hummer H2 is probably the most "ticketed" car in the country because it's such a pain in the a$$ to park. The guy who used to detail my cars bought a new H2 a few years ago and he told me that, when you buy one, they put you through a 3-hour driving course, most of which you learn how to park it. So I'd guess that most of the tickets for the H2 are due to parking citations.
Old 02-06-09, 02:23 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 755 Likes on 525 Posts

Can't ticket a car if nobody buys it
Old 02-06-09, 02:38 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

8. Subaru Outback

Subarus have a reputation of being yuppie grocery getters, but the Outback manages to prove that stereotype wrong by being one of the top ten most ticketed cars. Apparently, the Outback is the car of choice for people who need to get to Whole Foods in a hurry, and maybe park illegally once they're there.
Though, even as an Outback owner myself, I don't fit the classic Subaru left-wing stereotype (and generally don't believe in automotive stereotypes), one reason why some Outbacks owners may be getting their share of tickets is that they often tend to decorate their cars with a left-wing bumper-stickers that are not always at odds with what a lot of cops believe, politically. So, perhaps (?) some police are not going to bend over backwards to give them a break.
Old 02-06-09, 03:05 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tend to agree, this list borders on useless, even if it's somewhat amusing.

Maybe putting tree-hugger decals on a Hummer H2 will repel the tickets.
Old 02-06-09, 03:12 PM
FKL
Lexus Test Driver

scion tc a sporty car? they have to be joking. tc = two door corolla w/ rice add ons
Old 02-06-09, 11:38 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I am sure this will vary from city to city.
Old 02-06-09, 11:43 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

really? I can only think of 5 cars

1. cars with tinted windows
2. cars with HID kits
3. cars with loud exhaust
4. cars with any 2 combination of the above
5. cars with all the things mentioned above
Old 02-07-09, 01:59 AM
ivanz
Lead Lap

Interesting...we don't have Scions here...and Hummers are relatively rare as well. I usually see Honda Civics and Toyota Corollas pulled over the most...since they are pretty numerous. Also see BMWs being pulled over frequently as well...mostly 3 series.
Old 02-07-09, 05:57 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ivanz
Interesting...we don't have Scions here...and Hummers are relatively rare as well. I usually see Honda Civics and Toyota Corollas pulled over the most...since they are pretty numerous. Also see BMWs being pulled over frequently as well...mostly 3 series.
Scion, as I understand it, is primarily an American-market nameplate, targeted at American youth. It's also not surprising that you don't see may Hummers in Canada, with gas being more expensive than in the U.S.

BMW 3-series? Again, not surprising. Cops know that that many of them are owned by "enthusiasts" that tend to drive aggressively. Here, in the U.S., from what I've seen, BMW drivers, in general, are second only to V8 Mustang jocks in driving aggressiveness.
Old 02-07-09, 10:17 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall

BMW 3-series? Again, not surprising. Cops know that that many of them are owned by "enthusiasts" that tend to drive aggressively. Here, in the U.S., from what I've seen, BMW drivers, in general, are second only to V8 Mustang jocks in driving aggressiveness.
Wow speaking of stereotypes, but I'll try to avoid that for now.... I could probably list a half dozen more.
Old 02-07-09, 12:35 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Wow speaking of stereotypes, but I'll try to avoid that for now.... I could probably list a half dozen more.
I'm not necessarily speaking of stereotypes here, IS-SV; just what I myself have noticed. A fair number of BMW 3-series drivers in this area tend to be aggressive; more so than average, though in my area, at least, nothing beats a Mustang GT, Cobra, or SVT with an immature teen behind the wheel.....they take the cake. In my area, I've seen more kids killed in Mustangs than any other car. That is not a stereotype; but (for my eyes anyway) a fact.

But that doesn't mean that ALL Mustang drivers are crazy, or all BMW drivers are aggressive, or all Buick drivers have one foot in the grave, or all minivan drivers are soccer moms or wimps, or all Beetle drivers are women or gay men, etc......
Old 02-07-09, 02:08 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I'm not necessarily speaking of stereotypes here, IS-SV; just what I myself have noticed. A fair number of BMW 3-series drivers in this area tend to be aggressive; more so than average, though in my area, at least, nothing beats a Mustang GT, Cobra, or SVT with an immature teen behind the wheel.....they take the cake. In my area, I've seen more kids killed in Mustangs than any other car. That is not a stereotype; but (for my eyes anyway) a fact.

But that doesn't mean that ALL Mustang drivers are crazy, or all BMW drivers are aggressive, or all Buick drivers have one foot in the grave, or all minivan drivers are soccer moms or wimps, or all Beetle drivers are women or gay men, etc......
Yes I actually know what you mean, observation vs. stereotypes, as you clarified. But guess how stereotypes often get started by some people, not necessarily us?

Yes I've actually seen minivan drivers kill people, Civic drivers spin out in traffic, Outback drivers with mountain bikes on the roof and Save the Whale stickers, BMW drivers clogging the fast lane with disregard for those trying to pass safely, sport bike riders doing wheelies for 1/4 miles on expressways, etc., etc., etc.

Last edited by IS-SV; 02-07-09 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-07-09, 02:11 PM
DrO's LeX
Driver School Candidate

Lmfao holy smokes! ! ! !....TC....Two Door Corolla.......nice! !
Old 02-07-09, 02:22 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DrO's LeX
Lmfao holy smokes! ! ! !....TC....Two Door Corolla.......nice! !
TC = 2door Corolla w/Camry 4-banger. Nice enough.