Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Ford's 2010 Taurus SHO will start at $37,995

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-09, 03:06 PM
bad co
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
He has proudly proclaimed he hates American cars (though his TL is built/designed/sold in America for America, completely Domestic).

The Taurus is a segement buster, its huge, luxurious, great features, AWD, good speed.

I can't wait to see mods done to the turbos!
Simple boltons will get this car into the 500hp range, I can safely assume that a chip will throw in a 100hp add in a intake ehxaust and water methanol injection kit and you will have a car classy enough to take your grandma to church and a car with ***** big enough to race corvette's
Old 09-18-09, 03:11 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by bad co
Simple boltons will get this car into the 500hp range, I can safely assume that a chip will throw in a 100hp add in a intake ehxaust and water methanol injection kit and you will have a car classy enough to take your grandma to church and a car with ***** big enough to race corvette's

Chips and/or water injection will void the warranty. You'll do it at our own risk.
Old 09-18-09, 11:14 PM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

i cant believe how this taurus look sbetter than the MKS in some regards!

AND its almost more expensive than the MKS on the loaded model!
Old 09-19-09, 06:54 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmarshall
A Rolex is more than just image. It is probably the finest hand-made watch in the world, quality-wise. My late father had one that he got in Europe in the early 1950's.....it was still running perfectly 25 years later.
Agreed. They *are* the finest hand-made watches in the world. It takes a year to build a single watch. One reason why they are more expensive than most timepieces. They are, without question or argument, the most reliable, most indestructible watch on earth. Herritage? The Rolex name is legendary and dates back to 1912.
Old 09-19-09, 08:39 AM
Danimal
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Chips and/or water injection will void the warranty. You'll do it at our own risk.
I could very well be mistaken, but doesn't the Magnuson-Moss Act force a manufacturer to prove that if a modified product is damaged and they deny the warranty, that the modification is what caused the damage?

I've had a few buddies with modified Honda's and such that were still under warranty, and were never given any flack about it. Not sure about Ford's practices though.

This car looks amazing to me. Can't wait to see one on the road.
Old 09-19-09, 09:57 AM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

I saw one on the road...it is a LOOKER! and looks like a large luxury sedan when it passed me by.

My company gets GM supplier discount, Ford's X plan discount and Chryslers affiliate program.

The Ford taurus is included in the X plan corporate discount but when I called a local dealer, they said they wont honor the pricing on the SHO trim. The GM called me and said dealers around the country are asking $4-5K over sticker for it so it would be a foolish thing for him to sell me a car $3000 discounted from MSRP. There is also a $1000 rebate that started a few days ago on only the SEL/Limited/SHO model trims making it possible to get $4000 off on this great car if your dealer will accept the pricing

Last edited by xcntuatd77; 09-19-09 at 10:03 AM.
Old 09-19-09, 11:43 AM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Ford should make an Ecoboost Fusion happen. No doubt that they will do an Ecoboost MKZ. Wouldn't be a problem to do a Fusion as well.
Old 09-19-09, 02:57 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
My main problem with the car is the back end...it's awful. The front end is swept back and elegant, the sides are well shaped and attractive....and then you get to the butt. The squarish tail lights look tacked on to a flat, shapeless rear end and it doesn't flow with the rest of the design at all. I have seen a few Tauruses in person now and I keep trying to swallow the rear end but I just cant- the design doesn't flow at all IMO.
Exactly what MP said. I like the Charger R/T better it has 368 hp and is almost $6-7k cheaper. The Charger also looks more imposing (thats just me) then a Ford
Old 09-19-09, 03:05 PM
LexFather

I saw one oddly enough in Athens, GA maybe in June, July. All black SHO. It was pretty huge and it looked GREAT with the chrome 20s. I think it looks fine.

Old 09-19-09, 04:20 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by The Danima
I could very well be mistaken, but doesn't the Magnuson-Moss Act force a manufacturer to prove that if a modified product is damaged and they deny the warranty, that the modification is what caused the damage?
As I understand it (and, admittedly, I'm not a lawyer) Magnuson-Moss has nothing to do with actually modifying a vehicle. It simply states that original factory parts, or dealer service, don't have to be used in routine service and for things like filters, bulbs, spark plugs, coolant, etc..... as long as the aftermarket parts and fluids used are equivalant to those used at the factory. That would include things like using a Fram oil filter instead of a factory-brand one, Castrol/Valvoline/Penzoil oil instead of what was put in at the factory, etc... It also would include having service/repairs done at a reputable independent shop, wth ASE-Certified technicians, instead of at the dealer-service department. But, again as I understand it, the Magnuson-Moss Act does not cover deliberate tampering with factory engine controls (which an aftermarket chip or water-injection does).

I've had a few buddies with modified Honda's and such that were still under warranty, and were never given any flack about it.
Some mods won't void the warranty......others will. Usually (though not always) the line is drawn between mods that are purely cosmetic vs. mods that actually affect the car's function, performance, or safety.
Old 09-19-09, 04:32 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

I love this new Taurus. A very clean simple design, yet aggressive. Cant believe how tall it is. Its very large.
Old 11-05-09, 04:58 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

You guys seen this? http://www.stangtv.com/forum/2010-ta...-13s-5955.html The SHO running almost 12 seconds in the quarter mile with a simple tune and no bolt ons. This may turn into a 11 second car.
Old 11-05-09, 05:16 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

^^^^^ I saw that in another forum and yea it's only a matter of time. Factory Turbo platforms respond well to mods. Interested to see how much the trans and motor can take.

Another one running 12's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6u3lUxwl_o
Old 11-05-09, 05:24 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by cherplex
^^^^^ I saw that in another forum and yea it's only a matter of time. Factory Turbo platforms respond well to mods. Interested to see how much the trans and motor can take.

Another one running 12's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6u3lUxwl_o
Yeah I'm thinking the trans will go before the motor, but time will tell.
Old 11-05-09, 07:44 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by caymandive
Yeah I'm thinking the trans will go before the motor, but time will tell.
Exactly, it's not a given that the engine or drivetrain will be durable in the long run.

Quick Reply: Ford's 2010 Taurus SHO will start at $37,995