Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

D2FORGED VS7 Challenger SRT [Preview]

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-09, 08:25 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very aggressive looking! I like it. Seems like it wants to compete with the Mustang for the "Knight Rider" role!
Old 02-17-09, 04:52 PM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Normally I LOVE your modifications but just am totally NOT FEELING this at all. Way too much red on the wheels. A much smaller stripe would be much preferred and wheel spokes that are thinner and thus look longer giving the impression of an even bigger wheel w/o the downsides of doing so.

Forgiato did a modded version of the challenger that looked off the chain. They took the car to a show and it looked TIGHT!!!!!

IMO, the best way to mod this car would be to make it look similar to the Orange 'Cuda that was hot rodded by a top shop in TN a coupel years ago and was then sold for BIG $$$$$ on Barrett Jackson last year or the year prior. It was VERY MEAN AND AGGRESSIVE.

Ted
Old 02-17-09, 08:25 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

I like it. Aggressive and it looks kind of mean. Nice work!
Old 02-17-09, 08:45 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ted920
Normally I LOVE your modifications but just am totally NOT FEELING this at all. Way too much red on the wheels. A much smaller stripe would be much preferred and wheel spokes that are thinner and thus look longer giving the impression of an even bigger wheel w/o the downsides of doing so.

Forgiato did a modded version of the challenger that looked off the chain. They took the car to a show and it looked TIGHT!!!!!

IMO, the best way to mod this car would be to make it look similar to the Orange 'Cuda that was hot rodded by a top shop in TN a coupel years ago and was then sold for BIG $$$$$ on Barrett Jackson last year or the year prior. It was VERY MEAN AND AGGRESSIVE.

Ted
Fair enough, but remember this was a customer's car, done through a shop in another state. Frankly, I think this wheel style suits the Challenger quite well - although I think the D2FORGED guys originally intended this wheel style for big-bodied cars like S-Classes and Bentley GTs.

I think the red is a refreshing change from the mostly-black wheels that are so trendy these days.

I don't think the D2 guys are in the business of making cars that look similar to anybody else. Seriously... Forgiato? Who?

I'm sure the customer loves it... that's all that matters!

Stance and fitment look insane. Great package all-around. Nice work, fellas!
Old 02-22-09, 06:31 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ted920

Ted

Hey Ted, thanks for the feedback, good or bad we appreciate it.

I think you need to see this car in person to really appreciate the mods. In pics it doesn't appear that way, but this is a HUGE car. If the lip stripe was any smaller, it would disappear when the car was in motion.

The style was chosen by the shop that did the build, Lavish Habits, but I personally like this wheel alot on this car. This is not a small, agile sports coupe like a Aston Martin, or Porsche. Its a huge, brawny car so small thin spokes would really get lost in the translation. (Sort of like thin spokes on a Magnum).

Someone else already posted that forgiato car, with the 24 and 26" wheels, and personally, I'm not a fan at all. Those wheels are just ridiculously huge.