Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus magazine - what a waste

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-09, 09:06 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I feel the same way man. I hate the Lexus magazine. I toss mine all of the time. I think if they had stuff in it like they have on the passionatepursuit.com they could charge for the magazine
Old 02-22-09, 12:19 AM
Xwakeboard
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cjf_moraga
This total waste of paper has just a few pages on the new RX and even then Lexus does not print any informative pictures or information...
I agree, the writing is about as heavy as an in-flight magazine, also, there was a card included in this month's issue claiming that "in a effort to be environmentally conscious we will now be printing exclusively online." However, if you really want the paper version you fill out a card and they will send it to you.
Old 02-22-09, 12:25 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I think these magazines are aimed at the "Lexus lifestyle"...the latest watch for the executive, gadgets for the nerd at heart, food & recipes (which i thought was weird), and bla bla bla the rest...don't like it but it's an interesting read
Old 02-22-09, 01:41 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

^^^
That sums up what Lexus magazine is all about.

Lots of the posters here have good points, and there was that Lexus enthusiast magazine petition thread a whole back here in Car Chat, but I think they have the opposite intent--the magazine shouldn't have too many car articles because it would then be a brochure.

But the fact is it is called "Lexus Magazine" - maybe if they came up with "Lexus Lifestyle" and "Lexus Driver" it could be the former renamed and the latter about the cars.
Old 02-22-09, 02:30 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Lexus magazine is a pile of crap.
Some nobodies (acting like sales people )with a camera driving a car and telling you the joys of a ipod connection and map lighting.
I think the editor of the Lexus Magazine should be canned with the rest of over paid wasteful execs in the world.
The make it for less than 1 percent who might be interested just to say it is classy.
In my 10+ years of Lexus ownership i have never once found anyone who thinks the magazine is any good.

They need to wake up and start listening to real owners not loaners.
Old 02-22-09, 04:36 AM
DustinV
Lexus Champion

I've recently begun subscribing to Porsche and Mercedes-Benz magazines (I have to since I live in Stuttgart and I like cars, duh!). They're quite good in my opinion.

Great photography to begin with and then there is usually a story about a classic Porsche or Mercedes that is taken for a drive near either a historic place or breathtakingly beautiful scenic route. We get to know the owner of the vehicle, what he or she feels about the car and we also are informed about the history of the particular car.

My wife likes them too, because halfway through the magazines there are some great recipes!
Old 02-23-09, 08:59 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I actually found an excellent recipe on preparing parsnips.

Thank you Lexus magazine
Old 02-23-09, 10:33 AM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

I have never received a single issue, and based upon what I'm reading here, I do not feel left out.........But yeah there truly needs to be a second magazine with REAL owners in mind.
Old 02-23-09, 12:42 PM
omd316
Driver

In the latest issue of the magazine I received , it had a note stating they will no longer be mailing the magazines and will be available to read online . Also stated that if you wish to continue receiving it in the mail you have to send back the postcard which came with it . I suppose this is the same deal for everyone ?
Old 02-23-09, 06:36 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by omd316
In the latest issue of the magazine I received , it had a note stating they will no longer be mailing the magazines and will be available to read online . Also stated that if you wish to continue receiving it in the mail you have to send back the postcard which came with it . I suppose this is the same deal for everyone ?
Sounds like a real effort to go "green"......either that or they finally realize that people aren't really reading it.
Old 02-23-09, 06:39 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Xwakeboard
...there was a card included in this month's issue claiming that "in a effort to be environmentally conscious we will now be printing exclusively online." However, if you really want the paper version you fill out a card and they will send it to you.

Originally Posted by omd316
Where was the card? Was it part of the 8 1/2" x 11" letter that carries the address label? Or was it a 'business reply mail' card inside the issue?