Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

new car -- 2008 e93 m3 convertible

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-09, 01:24 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl

was on a trip to AZ couple weeks ago
what!? no phone call??
Old 04-25-09, 07:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by cliffud
what!? no phone call??
nah it was an urgent trip, back and forth within 24 hours, barely had time to sleep and eat!
Old 04-25-09, 11:17 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

The trip can be made in less than 5 hrs if you dont have a woman stopping you to pee all of the time. My wife has the bladder of a field mouse
Old 04-28-09, 03:00 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

oh btw, another quick example of the m3 capability. there is this freeway intersection ramp. in my sc430 (modded), gs400 (heavily modded), gs350 (modded), and ls460l (modded), i could never go faster than 70mph taking the turn. any faster, i don't feel safe anymore and i could feel the cars started to slide

but with my m3, without the m mode, i can go 85mph and the car just takes the turn like it's nothing, and i know the car can go even faster. and imagine if i set the m mode on the car as well

of course all my previous cars are no match to the m3 in performance, but i was pleasantly surprised
Hey Henry, I was thinking about this post on Sunday night. I haven't had the opportunity to try the 57 onramp, but...

I'm on the 405S on Sunday night, and this turbo Mustang kept trying to bait me into racing him. But there's traffic, so he's going nowhere and I'm just cruising and shaking my head. Finally, at the 405S to 605N onramp, traffic clears up and it's just the two of us that head onto the 605N onramp. Of course he guns it and gets a couple car lengths in front of me. But then comes the turn. He's doing his best at 85, and I blow past him in the outside lane, around the turn, at 100. Try that in the M3.
Old 04-28-09, 03:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

heheheh that sounds like fun dude! i should try and report back if i am still alive

were you in your nsx? poor mustang, was it a gt? modded?

just this morning i was driving my m3 to work and this 335 sedan wanted to play. didn't even waste my gas, and i guess he got so excited he almost got into my lane... shake head
Old 04-30-09, 09:55 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

I was in the NSX, and it was a turbo Mustang GT. I'm sure it's fast, but once the road gets twisy, forget about it. I'll bet the M3 will be a lot closer. I have a friend that takes that turn every day on his way to work, and he's safely up in the mid 90's in his 996tt.
Old 04-30-09, 10:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by pvmike1
I was in the NSX, and it was a turbo Mustang GT. I'm sure it's fast, but once the road gets twisy, forget about it. I'll bet the M3 will be a lot closer. I have a friend that takes that turn every day on his way to work, and he's safely up in the mid 90's in his 996tt.
i haven't taken that turn before but i pass by there, that's the ramp where you go up quite high and then curve left to 605 right? i should definitely try.

btw, on the same curve from 73 to 55, i have topped myself by taking it at 90mph and the car still took it like it's nothing. i am stunned. i honestly think this car is crazy. good thing i am going to m school to learn more about it!
Old 08-11-09, 05:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

sigh, so after months of staying low profile about the car, my coworkers finally discovered that we got the m3 and news is spreading across the whole group like no tomorrow @_@ gosh... i am being asked about the car left and right...

next time i need to find a better way to "hide" my cars from people noticing....
Old 08-11-09, 06:30 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Might as well stick some LM's on it since everyone knows.
Old 08-11-09, 06:49 PM
LexFather

I AGREE!!!

sigh, so after months of staying low profile about the car, my coworkers finally discovered that we got the m3 and news is spreading across the whole group like no tomorrow @_@ gosh... i am being asked about the car left and right...

next time i need to find a better way to "hide" my cars from people noticing....
lol, not bad you went a few months!

Old 08-11-09, 07:11 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

In that case, Henry, just rent a Kia Rio and drive it to work until you're ready to show off your new chariot.

In fact, if your boss sees you with something like that, he or she just might give you a raise, thinking you can't afford anything else. Then, when you DO show off the M3, tell them it belongs to your wife.

Last edited by mmarshall; 08-11-09 at 07:15 PM.
Old 08-11-09, 07:34 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
not bad you went a few months!
I'll say. I get a new car and the news spreads like wildfire & everyone wants a ride in it within the first week.

Originally Posted by mmarshall
In that case, Henry, just rent a Kia Rio and drive it to work until you're ready to show off your new chariot.

In fact, if your boss sees you with something like that, he or she just might give you a raise, thinking you can't afford anything else. Then, when you DO show off the M3, tell them it belongs to your wife.
lol! brilliant!
Old 08-11-09, 07:44 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

First time I saw this thread.
Henry still gets a belated congrats!
One of my favorite cars.
Im sure its a blast to drive.
No wheels yet???
I would love to see either DPE, BBS or Beyern on it.
Old 08-11-09, 11:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

hahhaa, stop tempting me. this is my first attempt in years to not "seriously" mod my car!!!

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I AGREE!!!

lol, not bad you went a few months!
yup, a good 7 months without anyone knowing. i park far every time i drive to work so that helps.

and since i never put on my plates, now the problem is everyone is asking me about my "new" car @_@ seems to be a very hard concept for them to understand about not putting on any plates, lol

Originally Posted by mmarshall

lol that's the problem, my boss will soon know i have an m3, sigh... my director drives a ls430 and my senior director drives a sc430... they both know i have a gs350 and used to have a ls460l @_@ this is not a good sign...

Originally Posted by Faymester
I'll say. I get a new car and the news spreads like wildfire & everyone wants a ride in it within the first week.

lol! brilliant!
yeah imagine the "line" i have now @_@

Originally Posted by Ice350
First time I saw this thread.
Henry still gets a belated congrats!
One of my favorite cars.
Im sure its a blast to drive.
No wheels yet???
I would love to see either DPE, BBS or Beyern on it.
hahah thanks reggie. it's definitely a fun car to drive. for 4100lb its capability is pretty amazing. it does shoot forward when needed

i really don't have any plan on getting wheels right now, coz' this is a new car and that's too much depreciation to take. so far mods on the cars are

1) led angel eyes
2) painted reflectors
3) e92 h&r springs
4) spacers around

if i put wheels i'd definitely try bbs. i think they just look so nice on the car
Old 08-18-09, 01:42 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

first time im seeing this thread too. pure sex! love the car!

Quick Reply: new car -- 2008 e93 m3 convertible