Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

"the most powerful Acura every built"....is not that powerful....

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-09, 07:06 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Did you guys know, in England the ppl who buy the honda brand cars are seniors (pensioners as they call them). Look i dont know why everyone is bashing Acura/Honda so much, i wish i could give one to my mom so she can go to the market/hair salon/kaiser (the HMO) with it.
Old 02-24-09, 07:29 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by G2low
I really like the old tl type s. its a beautiful car
I dont know what happened?
The last gen TL is beautiful and I think most agree with that.

Originally Posted by STIG
Seriously? Another TL bashing thread?
This is car chat. You also don't have to enter a thread. You don't have to respond either.

Stig, his is about an ad. We talk about ads all the time. There is a what 7 page Audi Ad thread a few threads down?

So we can talk about other brands but we can't talk about Acura? We can't say something is ugly and people can't say they don't like something? Not one person in here made any personal statement until the usual Honda guys come in making them. I'm not surprised by the people getting butthurt b/c I find their reasoning skills on par with the Spanish Paprika in my kitchen. Why? B/C when people here say POSITIVE things about Acura (like in this very thread about the 3rd gen) they don't comment and they don't say "Hey CL likes Acura". However the same people cry foul immediately when something they DON'T agree with is said. . Lets review their comments for all to see here and why they add flames on a LEXUS forum and don't add anything of value.
Originally Posted by 06TLDude
and with the same old comments, the beak this, V8 that.

This is the best thread EVER!
Originally Posted by leedogg
It has been a day or 2 since the last one. Wouldnt be club lexus without one. Usually they stem from a press release of some sort, this one appears to be more pointless than usual. and see how long before my post gets deleted. lol
So lets see here. THey miss the positive comments and come and bish and moan again on a Lexus forum. There are PLENTY of threads where people rave about Acuras and they act like they don't exist. God forbid people say "hey that car is ugly" (and it is ugly) they cry like 3 year old girls who got their lollipop taken away. Thats not right. Its not right to bunch a forum together and its not right to say its another bash thread when we have positive threads.

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
Did you guys know, in England the ppl who buy the honda brand cars are seniors (pensioners as they call them). Look i dont know why everyone is bashing Acura/Honda so much, i wish i could give one to my mom so she can go to the market/hair salon/kaiser (the HMO) with it.
The avg age of a Honda owner in the U.K is I think 58 or so.

Last edited by LexFather; 02-24-09 at 07:40 PM.

Old 02-24-09, 07:35 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by leedogg
It has been a day or 2 since the last one. Wouldnt be club lexus without one. Usually they stem from a press release of some sort, this one appears to be more pointless than usual. and see how long before my post gets deleted. lol
This thread is about a COMMERCIAL, like people talk about. Then you have the audacity to bunch an ENTIRE FORUM together b/c you disagree with some comments. Where are you when we are raving about the ITR, the NSX, the 3rd gen TL, the Legend?????????? You don't bunch us together then and say "hey Clublexus likes Acura".

If you are going to just post blindly, don't post. Don't waste peoples time. Your buddy with what 13 posts are all either crying foul or pro Acura.

This is a warning, if you are not going to add anything of VALUE to threads, your posts will continue to be deleted as they don't spur conversation, they just flame.

Last edited by LexFather; 02-24-09 at 07:39 PM.

Old 02-24-09, 08:03 PM
LexFather

Everyone this is about the TL Commercial. Thread was fine and will be fine. If anyone attacks the forum, members or me, your post will be deleted.

If you don't want to read how people feel about something you might like, exit the thread.

Final warning.

Old 02-25-09, 01:07 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Discuss how the most powerful Acura ever built is no faster than a Rav-4 or Tundra please.
I see what you are saying this is about the AD. I totally missed your point, 1Sick.

My apology.
Old 02-25-09, 01:44 AM
BigVIPness
The Green Grundel

They really need to work on their cars so they can have effective advertising. That is just not cutting it haha

Plus the new TL looks like how cars from the future looked in movies from 1998.

I feel bad for Acura because its VERY clear that it is the japanese version of the old white men that have been making turds and calling them cars for YEARS. They REFUSE to change with the times or give concessions to ANY niche market or demand and STILL think that you can have a top tier luxury car company with FWD cars with V6's. If they are going to ride of the ES's coattails then FINE but stop pretending like you are going to deliver a product that will make someone say "I'm going to spend my hard earned $45,000 on this Acura" when they can have 3-5 times the car with a audi/bmw/merc/zeus... they aren't competitive and refuse to be. To use a car analogy they are pulling up next to a BMW at a stop light, revving their engines, then gunning it as fast as they can... while the BMW just drives on normally without thinking twice about the acura. When the Acura turns on his 4 ways to signify his 'win' it only makes for a good laugh for everyone who just watched them make a special of themselves.

You know how 10 years ago people were like "Pakistan.. Afghanistan.. what's the difference?" But people don't say that anymore these days cause they KNOW the difference. That's like how many people used to say "A lexus is just a fancy toyota" but you don't hear that very often these days because they KNOW the difference. Acura needs to create that distinction between them and honda or STOP already. S*** or get off the pot acura seriously.
Old 02-25-09, 03:42 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

If a product continues to "SUCK" or a product that "SUCKS" continues to be marketed (and poorly), it will continue to get BASHED!!!

Websters: 2009 Acura TL (noun, thing) a car product known as a sedan, that (slang) sucks
Old 02-25-09, 06:56 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,309 Likes on 1,408 Posts

Sorry folks, IMO this thread continues to re-hash old ground covered and revist opinions already voiced rather than keeping on the topic of the Acura Ad.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-25-09 at 07:01 AM.