Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

TATA nano coming

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-09, 03:40 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Yes India is third world. They are developing but they are still 3rd world. I have actually been there twice in the last 15 years and its 100% third world. If you have been there more recently that 2006 let me know, but I have to say respectfully that you have no clue how 3rd world they are.

In the Human Development Index (HDI), the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) Statistical Update 2008 ranks India at 132 out of the 179 countries. At 116 out of the 157, India also ranks poorly in the Gender Development Index. While India falls under the “Medium Human Development” category, all the developed countries are bracketed under the “High Human Development” category. HDI is based on purchasing power parity, life expectancy at birth, and education levels. They are third world
you got me there, i think 3rd world i think somalia.
Old 10-24-09, 04:16 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No thanks on this small tin can in the American driving environment.

Last night I saw a ML500 rear-end a Saturn Vue at a high rate of speed on a city street. The driver of the Saturn Vue was dead. The ML driver had major non-life threatening injuries. Accident is under investigation.
Old 01-21-10, 07:51 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

I resurrected the thread to post one of the latest articles on this subject. It has some interesting information:

http://autos.aol.com/article/tata-nano-coming-to-usa

Originally Posted by IS-SV
I'll keep an eye out at the country club 1/2 miles down the road from my house.
Maybe Tiger Woods will buy one with the money he has left after his wife gets done with him.

Last edited by mmarshall; 01-21-10 at 07:59 PM.