Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

25k for a type r??????????

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-09 | 06:41 PM
lexmenow
Lexus Champion

Default 25k for a type r??????????

Buddy sent me this link for an Integra type R with 7k miles for 25k --->WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! Pigs must fly before anyone with sanity buys that thing. 25k can get you sooo many nice cars. Crap will the bank even finance that on such a car. If I had 25k just sitting around it would be put on a nice NSX, M3, etc... People are crazy.
Old 03-01-09 | 06:52 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

This is a tough one. $25K is a lot of money, but the Integra Type-R is truly one of the great vehicles to have been produced. If it was just a regular Type-R with your typical 50K miles on it I'd have a hard time with that price. However, being that it has 7K miles and basically unmolested if I had that kind of extra cash sitting around I'd probably buy it. There are very few ITRs out there. You can by an M3 any day all day long. NSX is a different story as I owned one and wouldn't trade it for an ITR, but I'd still love to have an ITR. Plus for $25 for an NSX your looking at one with nearly 100K miles or more. I think it is easier to find a good used NSX than a good used ITR.
lexmenow
Lexus Champion

You can just buy one with 130k miles and put a new engine in it and have the same thing.
GQD_GS4
Lexus Test Driver

yep...ppl are crazy indeed!
Old 03-01-09 | 06:56 PM
lexmenow
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
This is a tough one. $25K is a lot of money, but the Integra Type-R is truly one of the great vehicles to have been produced. If it was just a regular Type-R with your typical 50K miles on it I'd have a hard time with that price. However, being that it has 7K miles and basically unmolested if I had that kind of extra cash sitting around I'd probably buy it. There are very few ITRs out there. You can by an M3 any day all day long. NSX is a different story as I owned one and wouldn't trade it for an ITR, but I'd still love to have an ITR. Plus for $25 for an NSX your looking at one with nearly 100K miles or more. I think it is easier to find a good used NSX than a good used ITR.
Well I meant put 25k on a new M3 or NSX why mess around with play toys when you have the money for the real thing.
Old 03-01-09 | 07:04 PM
LiCelsior
Retired
CL Folding 500000

cuz a modded out ITR will own a m3 or nsx. 25k for a immaculate rare car is a good price. i did see one on ebay for like 15k...i think that had like 70k miles.
Old 03-01-09 | 07:17 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexmenow
Well I meant put 25k on a new M3 or NSX why mess around with play toys when you have the money for the real thing.
Like LiCelsior said. The ITR is for a different breed of people. There is a cult following with that car like the Supra, RX7, NSX and such. What the car is worth to the mass public is different than what the car is worth to those individuals that know and respect those cars for what they are. The ITR is not just an Integra. It is a rare bread of car and as time goes on it will become even more rare. Its not the same thing as dropping an ITR engine in a GSR, or even having a turbocharged GS-R. The ITR IMHO is in the same league as the S2000/NSX and such in terms of rare specialty cars.

I also disagree with you in that I believe the ITR IS the real thing. I know NSX owners that own and track both their NSX's and ITRs and love and adore them both. Just because it is FWD doesn't mean it sucks. The ITR handles more neutral than many RWD cars on the track and would put a lot of them to shame as well in all stock form.

But again, I wouldn't just go out and buy an ITR for $25K. If I had enough wealth though I'd gladly pay that much just to have it in my garage as a collection.
Old 03-01-09 | 07:22 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Originally Posted by lexmenow
You can just buy one with 130k miles and put a new engine in it and have the same thing.
It wouldn't be the same. You can't buy a new B18C5 right now anyways.

Some people like the 'original' things. One day this car will be a collector's item. Yes it's an integra, but a damn good one that sets itself apart from all other ones. It's an amazing machine if you drive one. You can rev the crap out of it and hit the 8400 redline and it still wouldn't care.

$25k is definitely a lot of money and to be honest, even if its a type R, its not worth as much right now. Maybe in a decade when these cars becomes very hard to find (in awesome condition) that it may be worth the $25k price tag.
Old 03-01-09 | 10:04 PM
JKA.nyc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
cuz a modded out ITR will own a m3 or nsx. 25k for a immaculate rare car is a good price. i did see one on ebay for like 15k...i think that had like 70k miles.
yeah but isn't that the case with a majority of cars?
Old 03-01-09 | 10:21 PM
VIP_ES300
Lexus Test Driver

and its a hawaii car!
Old 03-01-09 | 11:51 PM
Woogie
Lexus Champion

I wonder how a car like that would be received by Barrett Jackson bidders.
Old 03-01-09 | 11:55 PM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

it's worth it. 2nd best acura ever made. i miss old acuras.
Old 03-02-09 | 12:07 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Woogie
I wonder how a car like that would be received by Barrett Jackson bidders.
Not very well in this time and era. The cars that Barret Jackson caters to are far different than what many on import car forums like. Even cars like the Surpa TT, RX7, NSX, 300ZX, Skyline GTR and such wouldn't do any better than what the market value of those cars would be on the street.
Old 03-02-09 | 07:34 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic
CL Folding 1M

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
Uhhh.... what planet are you living on? Stock ITRs can barely crack 14s with a great driver. With mods they barely gain anything. M3s and NSXs are firmly in the 13s (though you won't find an NSX in good shape and low miles for $25k). The huge power difference (and the fact the M3 and NSX outhandle the ITR with ease) would make for sheer ownage at anything outside of parking lot kiddies driving through cones.

Last edited by Bean; 03-02-09 at 07:38 AM.
Old 03-02-09 | 09:50 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Bean
Uhhh.... what planet are you living on? Stock ITRs can barely crack 14s with a great driver. With mods they barely gain anything. M3s and NSXs are firmly in the 13s (though you won't find an NSX in good shape and low miles for $25k). The huge power difference (and the fact the M3 and NSX outhandle the ITR with ease) would make for sheer ownage at anything outside of parking lot kiddies driving through cones.
I think they meant the ITR is a great track car that handles amazingly, not a dragster.

Quick Reply: 25k for a type r??????????