Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Pursuit Email: 2010 IS C brochure linked!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-09, 07:35 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why does the brochure have a Mazda symbol when it loads?

I think this car will sell well, but I think it's going to be a non-enthusiast chick car.
Old 03-15-09, 07:42 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I didn't say that VW convertibles aren't popular with women and gay men. They certainly are....just like Buicks and some Cadillacs are popular with seniors, minivans popular with suburban moms, and Mustang GTs with young, male aggressive drivers.

But the point I was making is that there is no reason WHY straight males can't drive an EOS or Beetle Convertible, younger people Buicks and Cadillacs, and sedate drivers Mustangs. There are simply too many stereotypes in the auto industry.....and most of them are nonsense.

Take me, for example, when I was young and in high school. I liked not only the American muscle cars of the period (late 60s), just like most teenagers, but also big, quiet, smooth-running luxury cars as well. I had a Plymouth Barracuda (a pony car) and two Buicks before I was 20....liked all three of them. I especially liked the ultra-smooth Buick transmissions of the time.....even today's Lexus LS460 transmissions don't run and shift any smoother. And even though I liked the muscle cars too (what teen didn't?), I was not a terribly aggressive driver...I still drove with common sense, something a lot of guys back then didn't do.
Who knows what all that's about (above). But it's cool, stereotypes don't mean much, I agree. Factual sales stats are more meaningful.
Old 03-15-09, 10:15 PM
FKL
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bagwell
its not too bad, but I've never been a fan of anything more than a two seat vert.

I like it better than this.....

Honestly, I think they are both epic fails. The 3-series looks right at home in both sedan, coupe, and convertible form. How BMW managed to do it in such a highly-preforming package to boot commands enormous respect imo.

Old 03-16-09, 01:14 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Faymester
Why does the brochure have a Mazda symbol when it loads?
Lol.

That's what I was thinking...I'm assuming it's an open book symbol.
It just happens to be the same as Mazda's "wings" symbol without the frame.
Old 03-17-09, 11:05 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'd like to see the IS C outdoors and in person, I've seen it indoors at autoshows and it looks 'cute' and ok for a sedan-based convertible, with the top down.
Old 03-17-09, 11:44 PM
RXSF

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

anyone been able to locate the button to make the top go down or up? is it on the sunroof panel?
Old 03-18-09, 07:33 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by encore888
I'd like to see the IS C outdoors and in person, I've seen it indoors at autoshows and it looks 'cute' and ok for a sedan-based convertible, with the top down.
I agree after seeing it indoors, but seeing it outdoors unfortunately won't fix the butt-heavy look so typical of 4 seater hardtop 'verts.