Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

$22k, 306HP, 87 Octane, 29mpg Camaro Debuts!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-09, 06:51 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

A Vette power/drivetrain car for 30k?? This is bananas. GM will need the National guard to keep the lines at the dealership in order..
Old 03-22-09, 07:23 AM
rosskoss
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
A Vette power/drivetrain car for 30k?? This is bananas. GM will need the National guard to keep the lines at the dealership in order..
That'll only happen if people have their eyes opened and know what a good deal this is.

Heck, look at this forum...supposedly the Car Chat section is made of auto enthusiasts but even these folks labor under the myth that new domestic cars are going to fall to pieces in 10K miles. Can you imagine how bad it is with the average non auto enthusiast consumer who has no clue to begin with?
Old 03-22-09, 08:32 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
I just read GM says they have 14,000 Camaro dealer orders in hand with "the money in the bank".

Bob Lutz forecasted annual sales of 100K, but that was back before new car sales fell nearly 50%
Old 03-22-09, 08:35 AM
GQD_GS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryeno
Infiniti barely qualifies as luxury like Acura. I much rather drive a 90s lexus sports coupe then a modern day infiniti. The g35 feels almost as cheep as a mustang.

These comments are a bit extreme, but I must agree that neither Infiniti nor Acura are at the same level of luxury of Lexus / BMW / etc. However....the G35 definitely wallops the mustang in terms of luxury feel.

Anyway, back to the camaro: I am a fan of the old F-Body firebirds / camaros. Its nice to see a comeback!
Old 03-22-09, 11:05 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

A lot of backward looking chat on chitchat in Club Lexus.

Fortunately the best automakers are looking forward (including Lexus), not backwards.
Old 03-22-09, 01:10 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by rosskoss
Are you just blindly arguing at this point or did you even bother checking out the link?
Yes, I checked out the link (to not have done so would have been rude on my part), but I fail to see what it has to do with the posted picture. It does not appear to be a forgery.
Old 03-22-09, 01:13 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Yes, I checked out the link (to not have done so would have been rude on my part), but I fail to see what it has to do with the posted picture. It does not appear to be a forgery.
Maybe you can explain to us what this pointless point of contention is?

Just curious....
Old 03-22-09, 01:48 PM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
compared to a 240sx ( I dont care if you got the red top or a freakn RB ) or a 1995 SC300 with a 2JZ swap, it is a much nicer car and a car that owners of the 2 listed cars should aspire to own one day. Step into this century man .
By the way I drive a GS350. I have stepped up from the G35. The GS 350 you can probably set your sights on as well if you want to step into this century .LOL

you are too damn cocky for someone who drives an entry luxury level GS350. Be more humble man, this is a forum for car enthusiasts. The guy was comparing car's perfomance to car's performance. Not how much a car worth or how nice it looks. Stop being arrogance and act like your car is the **** because your car barely has any mods that make it stands out compare to a lot of member's cars on here. Also, you must be very ignorance to think that a newer car is nicer car. I know there are many 90s SC on this board will make your GS350 looks like a turd.

Back on topic, for the price and power, I think the new Camaro is a steal, even if it handles like crap. What can you get for $22k now a day?
Old 03-22-09, 03:02 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Maybe you can explain to us what this pointless point of contention is?

Just curious....
I'm not sure I understand myself. It had something to do with the picture with the thread topic showing a bunch new, just-assembled Camaros in a storage lot. I saw the yellow ones as (apparent) proof that the SS model is now being built, as there was some question (?) as to whether the RS or SS models would be built first. Yellow only comes with the SS, not the RS.
Rosskoss posted a Wikepedia link about robot "Deceptathons"....I don't know wy either.
Old 03-22-09, 03:04 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
compared to a 240sx ( I dont care if you got the red top or a freakn RB ) or a 1995 SC300 with a 2JZ swap, it is a much nicer car and a car that owners of the 2 listed cars should aspire to own one day. Step into this century man .
By the way I drive a GS350. I have stepped up from the G35. The GS 350 you can probably set your sights on as well if you want to step into this century .LOL

Originally Posted by tt061880
you are too damn cocky for someone who drives an entry luxury level GS350. Be more humble man, this is a forum for car enthusiasts. The guy was comparing car's perfomance to car's performance. Not how much a car worth or how nice it looks. Stop being arrogance and act like your car is the **** because your car barely has any mods that make it stands out compare to a lot of member's cars on here. Also, you must be very ignorance to think that a newer car is nicer car. I know there are many 90s SC on this board will make your GS350 looks like a turd.

Back on topic, for the price and power, I think the new Camaro is a steal, even if it handles like crap. What can you get for $22k now a day?
I agree, back on topic, but, guys, please.........if you two are going to have a harsh personal arguement, either take it to PM or a moderator.
Old 03-22-09, 03:30 PM
rosskoss
Advanced

mmarshall, his post had nothing to do with DECEPTION or forgeries. It had to do with DECEPTICONS - evil robot characters from the movie Transformers which destroy human beings.

It's a moot point anyway because Bumblebee (the Camaro) is an Autobot, not a Decepticon.

And just do we don't have to do a 4th round, watch this video -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHHxbvlD-4s

Old 03-22-09, 06:21 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Wow, so much pointless crap to sift through. And some people wonder why I get most of my information elsewhere (other than the internet)...

But I guess the topic is the new Camaro. Don't think C&D or R&T have done a full road test on any version of the pre-production or production Camaro yet, but stay tuned....
Old 03-22-09, 07:52 PM
AD_SC3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cars like this is why I am an ME major now
Old 03-22-09, 08:25 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Wow, so much pointless crap to sift through. And some people wonder why I get most of my information elsewhere (other than the internet)...
Even with some occasional "pointless" posts, there aren't many other car chat forums on the Internet as good as this one. If there were, I would have left long ago.

I agree with you on one thing, though......I get a lot of my infomation, too, from the drivers' seat, and my own experience with car ownership.
Old 03-22-09, 09:06 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Even with some occasional "pointless" posts, there aren't many other car chat forums on the Internet as good as this one. If there were, I would have left long ago.

I agree with you on one thing, though......I get a lot of my infomation, too, from the drivers' seat, and my own experience with car ownership.
Sad but probably true regarding car chat forums in general. I do find the consolidated monthly and ytd sales threads nicely done if nothing else.

I agree, seat time feedback and ownership experience is critical for me too. I also read (and read between the lines of course) several publications including C&D and R&T. The data charts and instrumented test data is better than anything available online, with much less garbage to sift through.

Quick Reply: $22k, 306HP, 87 Octane, 29mpg Camaro Debuts!