Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Haters!! Egged my car :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-09, 01:09 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by nthach
He cranked the shock sensor sensitivity too high - which is annoying. If you're going the alarm route, get a good 2-way and a Auto Guard AU94T - I've read not too great things about DEI's proximity sensor even though it's plug and play with Viper/Clifford/Python/Avital alarms.
I think my friend has one on an 07 Sti sedan, i think it sends a text or something to his phone, is that how it works?
Old 03-18-09, 01:49 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

That sucks. What is up with California? 90-95% of these vandalism threads have pretty much one thing in common and it is it always seems to happen mostly in California and to a lesser extent New York or New Jersey. Sorry that is just something I keep noticing here and on other sites.

This is most likely someone you know and someone who does not like you based on your car getting singled out several times. Try to park your car in your garage if you have one, driveway if you have one and if you don't you might want to try parking as close to your house as possible even if it is on your lawn. Most people who mess with peoples cars are generally afraid to go into someones yard to mess with their stuff and your car will be harder to hit from a moving vehicle if it is parked out of the street. You definitely need to get a video camera to monitor your vehicle and try to catch who is doing this, don't warn or tell anyone you are installing a camera or they will know to go in disguise or use a different vehicle. Installing an alarm may not do much good if someone is just driving by egging or messing with your car quickly and then driving off. You also may want to install a motion sensor light to light up the area when someone goes near it or install some lighting around your car. You may also want to put a car cover on your car to try to protect your finish. If possible you may just want to try moving somewhere else instead of dealing with this.

One thing you really need on your car after you get it cleaned for the time being is a couple coats or some good sealant/wax to provide the most protection possible. I would highly recommend ordering some Zaino AIO, Z2 or Collinite 476S and put a bunch of coats on your car, you can even put both on for max protection and put a couple layers of Colliniti 476S after the Zaino Z2. This should provide a nice amount of protection to your coat from the egg.
Old 03-18-09, 02:01 PM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If you're installing a camera, be sure it has a ring of infrared LEDs as a night time illumination source. Hide the camera in a good place, but make sure it has a clear view of the car and of the street.

Human eyes can't see infrared, but the specialized cameras can. Even in pitch blackness they can pick off detail as if were plain daylight. Worth the extra cost.
Old 03-18-09, 02:05 PM
KA8
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

CA has been a *****hole for a long time and it's getting worse. I got my 300zx stolen from my own apt with security guard. Thank god we're buying a house with a 3 car garage.

Oh yea don't forget to put a warning sign with the camera.
Old 03-18-09, 02:06 PM
KA8
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

CA has been a $h!Thole for a long time and it's getting worse. I got my 300zx stolen from my own apt with security guard. Thank god we're buying a house with a 3 car garage.

Make sure you put a warning sign with the camera.
Old 03-18-09, 04:06 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KA8
CA has been a $h!Thole for a long time and it's getting worse. I got my 300zx stolen from my own apt with security guard. Thank god we're buying a house with a 3 car garage.

Make sure you put a warning sign with the camera.
Wow, were in California is this hellhole? I want to be sure to avoid it.
Old 03-18-09, 06:24 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

CA has been a $h!Thole for a long time and it's getting worse.

Wow, were in California is this hellhole? I want to be sure to avoid it.
CA, especially in the San Francisco-Berkeley area, has a lot of people who simply dislike cars (and other fossil-fuel burning devices), period. Their world is full of bicycles, solar panels, wind-machines, and (when nothing else works) public transit.
Old 03-18-09, 08:05 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Park your car in the garage, buddy.
Old 03-18-09, 08:08 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Park your car in the garage, buddy.
So? They just toss eggs at the paint on the house instead.
Old 03-18-09, 08:15 PM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Build an anti egg platform.

Use .223 rifle rounds. Or better yet, use enough force to launch watermelons. I'd bet that would hurt!
Old 03-18-09, 09:32 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It seems like you're parked in the driveway. Maybe a sign on the house that the property is monitored by CC cameras?

Obviously someone has a problem with you owning a luxury car, old or not, brown or not.
Old 03-18-09, 10:08 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
I think my friend has one on an 07 Sti sedan, i think it sends a text or something to his phone, is that how it works?
No - the alarm has a 2-way receiver on the windshield, and the remote is a 2-way transceiver with either a LCD display or LED status lights. The remote confirms any lock/unlock command sent and notifies you if any intrusion or tampering occurs. The higher end systems have 1 mile of range.
Old 03-19-09, 12:59 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
CA, especially in the San Francisco-Berkeley area, has a lot of people who simply dislike cars (and other fossil-fuel burning devices), period. Their world is full of bicycles, solar panels, wind-machines, and (when nothing else works) public transit.
Amusing enough, but he lives in the car capital of the world (Southern Cal) I think.
Old 03-19-09, 01:01 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Wow, where in California is this hellhole? I want to be sure to avoid it.
Or where in southern California is this hellhole?
Old 03-19-09, 03:11 PM
SH212
Dances with goats

i think i would end up shooting somebody.....

Quick Reply: Haters!! Egged my car :(