Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Haters!! Egged my car :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-09, 09:20 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Haters!! Egged my car :(

So i wake up to my mom askin me if i know someone egged my car...im like WTF! What a nice way to wake up from a relaxing nap :\

i go outside and see this...

It is sooo hard to wash off dried on egg. this is the third time something like this happened. recently our lil white car had its brand new tires stabbed and popped...and before that my sisters car had ketchup poured all over it.

My car isnt even worthy of this lol its a freakin old brown car! i suspect its some younger guys up the street. Haters! man my street has riced hondas and eclipses and this one particular saturn thing i dont even know what it is but it has an exhaust and i know where he lives and im assuming he thought i was following him home cuz i was behind him while he was speeding to the street we live on and he saw me turn into my driveway. either way...i will find out who it is!

lol and they got the side that i JUST got painted because of an accident i was in a few weeks ago.
Old 03-17-09, 09:32 PM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

you should install a camera to catch those punks. One time makes me mad but three times i don't know what i'll do.
Old 03-17-09, 09:33 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Time to get the hell out of dodge...
Old 03-17-09, 09:54 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I would be pissed. Its obviously a neighbor that has a problem with you. You should know who doesn't like you. Go mess with the cars in their driveways. You will get the right person. Nobody is going to do this crap 3 times at random. You have a pissed neighbor. Either settle the score ( wich can lead to more drama ), leave it alone and hope they dont get you again ( it will eventually get old ), or install a camera so you can get the cops involved (this can start more drama).

Good luck with the clean up and the rest of it
Old 03-18-09, 06:23 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Wash the area with soap and water, dry it, and use a solvent to remove the dried-on stuff (tar remover or dry-cleaning fluid will work without causing any more paint damage). Then, if necessary, go over it with a light-abrasive scratch remover (I like SCRATCH-OUT myself). If that doesn't work, try something a little more abrasive, like polishing compound. If that leaves surface scatches, SCRATCH-OUT will probably get them. If that doesn't work, then it may be time for insurance claim and a body shop (vandalism is covered under your comprehensive policy, minus the deductible). By law, your rates can't be increased for a comprehensive claim.

Don't use polishing compound on plastic trim, though...it is not meant for it. The SCRATCH-OUT will probably be OK for it. Tar remover may fade the finish on plastic trim a little, but SCRATCH-OUT should restore it.
Old 03-18-09, 07:17 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think at this point, you need to get a wireless camera that stores data remotely or at least in your car. After the time wasted to pay for and attempt to clean up these things, you could have easily paid for one.

Find out who it is; break their legs; and feel good about it
Old 03-18-09, 07:41 AM
KA8
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Since this is the 3rd time this happened it won't stop until you do something about it. Either install a camera and/or find out who it is and confront the guy. Since I'm a chemist I could get some nasty chemical and splatter it all over his/her cars. But that's just me though.
Old 03-18-09, 09:50 AM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

Brake fluid on the hood of the offenders car is the best offense.

Oh...and BTW, get a SUPER sensitive alarm. You will catch them eventually after a series of false alarms. THere is a guy on my street with an EVO X and his alarm goes off on windy days...
Old 03-18-09, 09:52 AM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Oh man, hope the sun didnt hit. Ages ago when I was in high school some kid egged and saran wrapped our principal's Mercedes. It ruined the paint as it baked in the sun. And the kid was then hated by all because our principal was a really cool guy.
Old 03-18-09, 09:54 AM
-JDOG-
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say start lookin into a CHL...
Old 03-18-09, 09:57 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ok. who did you **** off a long time ago?.....

did you cut anyone off with reckless driving? flip a middle finger?

sometimes karma does bite you in the ***
Old 03-18-09, 10:11 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
Oh...and BTW, get a SUPER sensitive alarm. You will catch them eventually after a series of false alarms. THere is a guy on my street with an EVO X and his alarm goes off on windy days...
I'm not sure that's the best idea. Alarms going off regularly, in the middle of the night, when people are in bed, will only p**s off more neighbors, leading to the possibility of even MORE vandalism.
Old 03-18-09, 10:13 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Unfortunately, this is nothing new in Upland. It was going on when I grew up there and is still happening today. It sucks.
Old 03-18-09, 10:35 AM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
Brake fluid on the hood of the offenders car is the best offense.

He cranked the shock sensor sensitivity too high - which is annoying. If you're going the alarm route, get a good 2-way and a Auto Guard AU94T - I've read not too great things about DEI's proximity sensor even though it's plug and play with Viper/Clifford/Python/Avital alarms.
Old 03-18-09, 10:52 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stage3
Time to get the hell out of dodge...
Yes and into a place with a 2-3 car garage.

Quick Reply: Haters!! Egged my car :(