Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Move over Lexus...there are some nicer cars

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-09, 03:07 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Move over Lexus...there are some nicer cars

Well I was in traffic yesterday behind a Nissan Maxima and LS460...man the Maxima blows it away in styling....The maxima looks like an exotic car...WOW!

Then I was next to Genesis....the Genesis really is a home run..why do I need to spend so much for a Lexus when I can get something just as good for less.

Even the TL looks like something that will turn heads. The front is not the greatest but back end is so much more interesting than a Lexus.

My biggest problem with Lexus is the stigma it has now attached itself with...Such rediculous dealer service prices and MSRP's that are far over priced...

I will give Lexus respect with their SUV's...they do them better than anyone else. But as for the cars...the Maxima and Genesis are nicer cars.

Whatever happened to the outstanding styling of the SC400...I now know what those owners are talking about.

rant over/

Old 03-29-09, 03:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by pagemaster
The maxima looks like an exotic car...WOW!
yeah today i was driving behind this f430, what a fantastic exotic car

Originally Posted by pagemaster
Even the TL looks like something that will turn heads. The front is not the greatest but back end is so much more interesting than a Lexus.
ic, this is where i remind myself where personal opinions stand -- personal opinions

thinking about the first time i showed my wife the new maxima and the new tl. the look on my wife was priceless, like she hasn't seen anything more disgusting

ah, she likes how the genesis looks
Old 03-29-09, 03:29 PM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Maxima is a nice looking car in person I'll give you that but an exotic? You need an eye exam... To compare the LS and Maxima in styling is like comparing PINK and Nicole Kidman, one is elegant in every aspect (the LS) and another is just a good looking sporty sedan (Maxima).

TL turns heads? Well I guess you are right, just like how Amy Winehouse turns heads too... Not in a good way...

The Genesis coupe is a nice looking car which imo looks at least as well as the G37 if not better. The sedan on the other hand couldn't be any more plain. There is one park on the street where I live and it really doesn't stand out from ANY other cars...

Personally I think the GS and IS are the lookers in their own segment but Lexus SUVs are nothing to write home about in terms of styling.

Different strokes for different folks I guess...

Last edited by ffpowerLN; 03-29-09 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-29-09, 03:32 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

The only car that i think blows others away is the vw passat cc, but that car is so expensive, you might s well buy a bmw or lexus. All other cars now are nice, but lexus still looks great next to em
Old 03-29-09, 03:41 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

Thread full of fail.
Old 03-29-09, 04:09 PM
suislide
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd get the Maxima over te corolla looking 2IS any day of the week
Old 03-29-09, 04:15 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Thread full of fail.
Maxima looks retarded compared to other Nissan/Infiniti products. Exotic looking sedan? Try the Fisker

Though not a bad looking car, the new Hyundai Genesis coupe looks like a Chinese knock off of the G35/G37
Old 03-29-09, 04:20 PM
03 ES
Lexus Test Driver

this thread is boarding the failboat...
its hard to compare a maxima which retails for about 33k to an LS460L which retails for near 80K +
the LS isnt supposed to be a sports machiene, its a pure luxury sedan, where as the maxima and TL are sporty (FWD/AWD) sedans
the maxima and genesis are both very well styled vehicles in their own rights. the TL is an abomination and a failure upon the respective company it represents. My father has had 5 acuras (2 legends and 3 TLs, newest one is a black/black 2006 w/navi) and he even hates the new styling, claiming his next vehicle will be a lexus due to the hideous styling....but, i guess it does turn heads, even if in a negative light.
Old 03-29-09, 04:37 PM
Sens4Miles
Lead Lap

Agreed about the Maxima. It's a great looking sedan. It most certainly does have some exotic lines and is probably the first vehicle where Nissan/Infiniti is showing where their design direction is going. I love every aspect of that car and was seriously considering it a few months back. Ultimately, I decided against it cuz it was just too much to spend brand new. But as a pre-owned vehicle, it is certainly on my radar. Could have easily been branded a 2009 Infiniti I35, it's that nice
Old 03-29-09, 04:42 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thread title should be "Move over Lexus...there are some nicer cars [for me]"

Personal opinion on all your pics
Old 03-29-09, 04:57 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

wow this thread reminds of the time I saw this really cute chick from behind but then when she turned around my stomach turned with it

maybe you need to drive in front of a maxima, and see if they're still that pretty
Old 03-29-09, 05:05 PM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

^ hahahah good one!
Old 03-29-09, 05:19 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

To each his own, but if you think the Maxima and Genesis Coupe are better looking than this, you need a check up from the neck-up.

Old 03-29-09, 05:34 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
To each his own, but if you think the Maxima and Genesis Coupe are better looking than this, you need a check up from the neck-up.

Are those 215 tires on the rear? Offer some fatter rubber that fills in the fenders better Lexus.. The LS does look dated now... Time for a refresh.
Old 03-29-09, 05:35 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MPLexus301

I am sorry but the LS460 is one boring car. It used to be at the top of the flagships but it is now at the bottom. The only thing the LS has going for it is the quietness of the car...but the LS460 is not quieter than the car it replaces (LS430...)that was last of the great Lexus LS models.

The competition has surpassed Lexus. Even tho the A8 is dated..it is still nicer than the 460...however LS430 was the ultimate flagship.

Quick Reply: Move over Lexus...there are some nicer cars