Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

50,000 Pre-Orders for 2010 Mercedes E-Class

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-09, 01:46 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drunk_dave
but a crown vic sounds good?
No, last taxi ride was in a Prius and that was just ok. If I was drunk I might of enjoyed it more.
Old 04-14-09, 03:12 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
No thanks, I don't need to ride in some low power diesel taxi
There are times you'd be glad to have it.

Old 04-14-09, 03:24 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
There are times you'd be glad to have it.

Is that James Taylor?
Old 04-14-09, 03:55 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Is that James Taylor?
No. Here's the site it was taken from. I just posted the image for a little humor on your decision not to ride in an E-Class taxi.

http://www.elijahwald.com/hitchtour.html
Old 04-14-09, 04:23 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
No. Here's the site it was taken from. I just posted the image for a little humor on your decision not to ride in an E-Class taxi.

http://www.elijahwald.com/hitchtour.html
Wow, he needs to get a job.
Old 04-14-09, 05:07 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by rogers2
Hey 1SICKLEX I definately appreciate the knowledge you bring to the board but sometimes you spice it up a little bit. But this topic is not about you it's about Toyota/Lexus and the E Class. Lastly let's be honest Toyota don't don't care about exclusive so you can sell that arguement to someone else b/c if they could sell a million IS and GS they would.
They haven't tried yet, they have not done what is needed there, which is to introduce numerous small engine/diesel versions of Lexus models first, which are the mainstream demand for these cars in Europe, plus their Lexus dealership network there isn't a tenth of Mercedes, that has to be built up slowly with the small engine/diesel cars even if they introduce those ...

Last edited by Gojirra99; 04-14-09 at 05:30 PM.
Old 04-14-09, 07:33 PM
LexFather

Thanks, but no thanks. It's not on my places to visit. My list is below.
Top 10: Cities With Beautiful Women

http://www.askmen.com/top_10/travel/...l_top_ten.html

5. Prague, Czech Republic
Prague is known for beer and women. But who needs beer when you have women like Veronica Zemanova strutting around their thin yet chesty frames? Again, she may not be representative of the majority, but who cares?

Prague is actually one of the nicest cities in the world, so head over and grab a Pilsner Urquell or two, enjoy the view, and determine whether all men have the same hairdo as hockey star Jaromir Jagr. But why you would even stare at men beats me; if you are lucky enough, you just may meet Veronica's long lost sister.

4. Copenhagen, Denmark
When we presented this question to our panel of readers, most of them had votes ranging from all continents. But the men that were the most convinced were undoubtedly those blessed enough to have visited Copenhagen.

We asked for more details, but Denmark has earned a right as the world's capital of beautiful and tall women; the more the merrier. Just bring along a dictionary and the rest will be history.

3. Caracas, Venezuela
Venezuelans are extremely friendly, and we cannot help but want to make friends with the fun ladies of Venezuela, most notably those from the city of Caracas. The women are so beautiful that no words could describe their elegance and sexiness. Have you ever seen a pageant where the Venezuelan was not a finalist? Exactly.

The original pirates landed in Caracas with the loot they raided from the Caribbean, but no amount of gold could parallel Caracas' main treasure: The beautiful women. Today, Caracas is among every man's preferred destination for women. If you ever need more, just head off to the island of Margarita, or better yet, find yourself an angel from Caracas and take her with you.

2. Milan, Italy
Yes, Milan may have an unfair advantage, as it is the home of a thriving fashion community, and where there is fashion, there are -- you guessed it -- models. Despite this luxury, most men would argue that it is not only the models that help Milan's stature.

Case in point: I've got two words for you -- Monica Bellucci. Again, she may not be the average Milanese woman, but who wants average, right? And if you doubt me, just ask baseball player Shawn Green which city has the best-looking women. The answer, again and again and again, remains Milan.

1. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Rio de Janeiro is known for two things: its beaches and its beach bums. And those beach bums are (and belong to) some of the nicest, voluptuous and most outgoing women in the world. Sure, not all of them look like Gisele, but a visit to Rio will at least offer you a chance to find the next Adriana Lima.

You must have heard the bossa nova song, "The Girl From Ipanema" -- well, as the song says, the beaches are swarming with beautiful, busty women in dental floss bikinis. The best part is that the nightlife never ceases, so don't be surprised if you decide to stay longer than expected
Sara Varone....my favorite Italian beauty.....makes me want to clone her

Hey 1SICKLEX I definately appreciate the knowledge you bring to the board but sometimes you spice it up a little bit. But this topic is not about you it's about Toyota/Lexus and the E Class. Lastly let's be honest Toyota don't don't care about exclusive so you can sell that arguement to someone else b/c if they could sell a million IS and GS they would. The simple fact is that the E class is going sell, does it really matter if it's fleet or not.

In fact I wish the next time I catch a taxi from the airport it's a Benz.

Old 04-14-09, 08:06 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Allen K
Size is relative An E/GS/5/A6 sized car would be too big for me at my current stage in life.
you're right, if your single, IS, C-class and 3-series wouldn't be a bad ride
Old 04-14-09, 08:13 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by KILLERGS4
you're right, if your single, IS, C-class and 3-series wouldn't be a bad ride
I think married couples with small kids should still be OK ...
Old 04-14-09, 10:03 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

sounds good for mercedes, but I dont believe that this excludes fleet and taxi sales