Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New Lexus RX in person...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-09, 10:00 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I think if you see this one done up by wald it will change the opinion of the op
Attached Thumbnails New Lexus RX in person...-wald-lexus-rx350-black-bison-2-1.jpg  
Old 04-14-09, 10:02 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Well, I sat in one today at the NY Auto Show... Interior I liked a lot, those gauges are shweeet! Leather seats are just like in my GS. Too bad, I cant say anything good about the exterior the minute I saw the pictures online, I did not like it. I thought, maybe in real life it would look better? Did not happen. Oh, and it was standing next to LX 570, which I think is another big disaster, but its my personal opinion.. IS-C on the other hand, looked much better in real life.
Old 04-14-09, 11:02 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I think if you see this one done up by wald it will change the opinion of the op
love Wald Kits, but on the RX is a WASTE!!!
Old 04-14-09, 11:46 PM
MikeSC4
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely like the old one better. The new one looks like a lifted corolla. I dont like the styling direction lexus is going. Blurring the lines between toyota and lexus. Its gonna get even worse when the HS comes out.
Old 04-15-09, 12:15 AM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

6 years from now we'll be back at this board saying "Aww man, I just saw a new 4RX on the road and that thing looks like crap, the 3RX is the best looking one outta them all"

Old 04-15-09, 12:59 AM
Lexwang07

Originally Posted by jracerlmn
SO i was driving across the 56 fwy and i saw the new RX come on the freeway. That thing is HIDEOUS. I have no other way to say it. It's pure fug. I know that the interior is great, but you have to get me near the car first. It doesn't look like a luxury SUV. It looks like a cheap SUV with chrome lights.

Lexus will still probably sell a bajillion of these. People are so stupid.
Why you complaining new Lexus RX design? Are you major in car designer? No, right. You can't saying bad things about who's head of designer new RX! Just don't buy it new RX. It's none your business. Simple answer to you. What if you're main Lexus head of designer. What if consumers are complaining on you design this new RX. you gonna be hater person. the end. Selfish person.
Old 04-15-09, 04:16 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

I guess I'm one of the few that dislikes the interior. Too much silver painted plastic, my biggest turn-off. Yuck!!
Old 04-15-09, 06:08 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I believe the Venza grill which now adorns the RX & HS250 will be crowned on other future Lexus products.. Not pretty at all.. The Rx from the side profile looks as if it can float on water lol.

Acura.. say hello to your cousins from Lexus..
Old 04-15-09, 06:28 AM
bob2200
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree with most of the comments. I think they got it right the first time (1st GEN). I dislike the interior more than the exterior. Fortunately, I plan to keep my 1st GEN RX for many more years.
Old 04-15-09, 07:27 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

I don't like the styling either but I also didn't like the previous one. I can't find a nice angle on the car no matter how hard I look at it and I do think there are much better looking vehicles in the class. But it's a Lexus and that alone is enough for a lot of people.

Last edited by speedflex; 04-15-09 at 08:17 AM.
Old 04-15-09, 07:54 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

The front end of the new RX is definitely worst than the last gen, the side view now looks likes a Honda SUV, the back looks about the same. The interior, like someone said, too much silver plastic. The shifter is minivan like. The GX, GS, SC and the LX have a much nicer interior. Even the Venza'a interior looks better.

Last edited by The G Man; 04-15-09 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-15-09, 07:55 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

all i have to say. i do like the pass-gen and current-gen RX, I just can not stand the rear.
Old 04-15-09, 08:19 AM
wmb0000
Pole Position

I definitely like my current RX350 over this new RX exterior and interior wise.
Old 04-15-09, 08:34 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexwang07
Why you complaining new Lexus RX design? Are you major in car designer? No, right. You can't saying bad things about who's head of designer new RX! Just don't buy it new RX. It's none your business. Simple answer to you. What if you're main Lexus head of designer. What if consumers are complaining on you design this new RX. you gonna be hater person. the end. Selfish person.
Last time I checked you didn't have to "major in car design" to express an opinion (good or bad) about a car in this forum.

While I'm not a huge fan of the new exterior design, the interior of the new RX looks great
Old 04-15-09, 08:39 AM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

One of my neighbors just bought a new RX in Matador Red. I think it looks really nice. This is, after all, an SUV so it will never look as good as a really sleek sport coupe or even a very well done sedan. For what it is, I think Lexus got it right. It still is obviously an RX but is also new looking so it will attract the target customers.

Except for the grill, I also really like the styling on the Venza. Not quite a station wagon and yet not really an SUV either. When I replace my ES350 in December, I will have a hard time choosing between a Venza and an RX450h.

Quick Reply: New Lexus RX in person...