Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

do it your self car wash cost me my new rolex watch

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-09, 05:38 AM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Mr. Blister,

My sympathies...for everything going on. I'm hope everything works out with your wife. Screw the watch; you can always get another. Family can't be replaced.

My father recently had a severe stroke. The whole family is trying to figure out what we're going to do, how much he's going to recover, how long that will take, and how to take care of his long-term healthcare needs without destroying my parents' retirement savings. It's a mess...and it's stressful.

Don't stress out over the watch. It's really sucks that it's gone but, something material like that is easily replaced. You've got enough to worry about with the stuff that matters; don't sweat the little things.
Old 04-20-09, 05:47 AM
Ned Vo
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MB, file police report and ask to speak with the DETECTIVE that in charge on your case asap. If not provided, at least ask for detective bureau direct line. You can call them yourself. You need to make sure that you have your incident numbers in hand. Police departments have connection with pawnshops. In my past experience, I have located several stolen items such as dimond rings, expensive watches that thiefs could not realize their value etc.... I'm a police officer in Worcester MA.
Mb, another way is rewarding. Let say you're wiling to pay $1000.00 to have your watch returned with no question asked!!! I'm sorry to hear your sad story.
Old 04-20-09, 07:31 AM
AsGs300
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

sucks man, oh well you learn the from your mistakes, and that was an expensive, try lookin out for it on Craigslist or even the nearby pawn shops, you have the serial number right ?
Old 04-20-09, 08:10 AM
rcpeters
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile I got even with the Guy who took my Rolex

Once upon a time, when I was working in Bogota, Colombia, I bought a "Panama" Rolex watch from a guy who approached me on the street and had several of them on his arm. From his asking price of US$500., he sold one to me for the equivalent of US$5.00.

Then a few months later when I was driving my Volkswagen bug with the window slightly down in heavy traffic, a thief ran up along side the car and snatched my beautiful Rolex watch off my arm and ran away. I have never regretted buying that phony watch and leaving my good watch at home.

So I got even with that thief!

Old 04-20-09, 09:29 AM
PHXSC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man that sucks. As others have suggested, file a police report and see if you're covered under your homeowners insurance.
All the best for a 100% recovery for your wife. The watch seems trivial compared to that.
Old 04-20-09, 12:08 PM
SEVY B
Driver

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
damn man what an awful story. If it makes you feel any better I once lost my $5800 diamond engagement while scubba diving in Hawaii. I was pissed for at least a week, but then went home and dropped 9000 dollars on the fattest ring a guy can wear. I am happier with the new one, but had to learn the hard way. sorry for your loss
Pele's Curse: There's something about the Hawaiian goddess Pele. I know of several people who have lost rings while playing in the water in Hawaii. My brother lost his ring.

Pele is said to curse Hawaiʻi visitors.

Sorry to hear about your watch....
Old 04-20-09, 12:18 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Sorry to hear. I stopped wearing watches a decade ago, but sunglasses, oh my......
Old 04-20-09, 04:55 PM
bopc1996
Driver School Candidate

You did place an add in the local paper lost and found section, right? I left my dell $1400 laptop at a public place and was gone when I returned. Placed and add in the paper and got laptop back and guy would not even accept my reward. I felt sort of bad after my initial reaction of "all these theives around here".
Old 04-20-09, 06:05 PM
Bellex
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear that M.Blister - Best of luck in finding the watch. Prayers go out to you and your wife.
Old 04-20-09, 06:10 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

No add placed after I filed the police report I was insulted enough. The cop actual said to me "Boy that was a dumb thing to do " I answered him I searched far and wide for just the right cop to prove to me that some people are really not qualified for there job "
I told him he would be a great fuller brush saleman. Some public servents need to go re-evaluate there jobs.
Old 04-20-09, 06:39 PM
03 ES
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow thats no good man...sorry to hear
my friend had a very nice hand made silver/crystal necklace that was worth 2k, and when we spent a week at the beach him and his GF decided to go skinny dipping in the ocean at night, and he took the necklace off with his clothes and left them on the shore, and someone must have came by and swiped his necklace because we never saw it again..
theft is a real bummer, esp when its preventable...
hope everything works out...ill keep you and your family in my prayers
Old 04-20-09, 06:44 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

i smell an FML post...
Old 04-20-09, 06:45 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

for the most part, cops are dicks. i've met a few rare exceptions. but in general, the profession attracts more than its share of *******s.
Old 04-20-09, 06:47 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mrblister
I spoke to the manager no serveilence cameras. i will report it to police today and will check with my homeowners policy. I just have such a sicking feeling. To much on my plate. My wife is in treatment for lymphoma. I have one of my oldest dogs of three in kidney failure. Going to have to make a descision soon as to what to do . I thought a trip to car wash would do me some good. Boy was I wrong. Its just a reminder that a meterial posession can be replaced . I guess the stress of all that I am dealing with
made me a bit absent minded. To the club member [ 8 posts ] that thinks someones
pain and loss is funny . I will pray for you . Your going to need all the prayers you can get in the future.
Sorry to hear about your wife, I also got some not so good news about mine today I will keep your family in our prayers and karma will get the person that took your watch.
Old 04-20-09, 07:02 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I have a Raymond Weil watch that I bought for $3200 and I am sick even imagining losing it. I am sorry for your loss man. I agree with some of the other memebers that you may want to search local pawn shops

Quick Reply: do it your self car wash cost me my new rolex watch