Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

do it your self car wash cost me my new rolex watch

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-09, 07:12 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by mrblister
I spoke to the manager no serveilence cameras. i will report it to police today and will check with my homeowners policy.
DEFINITELY check with your homeowners' policy, if you have one. Many homeowners' policies cover your belongings taken out of the house with you with you if they are lost or stolen. Do you have the bill of sale for the watch, or some other proofthat you bought it, like a credit-card slip? If so, that will be even better if you do.

I once had a couple of hundered dollars stolen out of my wallet in a gym locker...fortunately, not my license or credit card. (the thief got past the padlock by a clever trick). My Allstate Condo Homeowner policy refunded the whole amount, down to the last penny, even without actual proof.........I had no deductible on the policy.

To the club member [ 8 posts ] that thinks someones
pain and loss is funny . I will pray for you . Your going to need all the prayers you can get in the future.
I agree. Comments like that are outrageous, and have no place in a CL forum. If I was a moderator, that person would be asked to exit the thread and not make any more posts in it unless it was an apology.

Last edited by mmarshall; 04-20-09 at 07:16 PM.
Old 04-20-09, 07:18 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some home owners policies will cover a limited amount. Past that you were supposed to have the item declared. Our home owners covers us up to 1000 per item 5000 per incident for undeclared items. I don't remember if the deductible applies but if it does then a single lost item worth 5 grand wouldn't even be worth declaring.

My wife has her wedding ring declared for 8000 and I pay around 80 dollars a year to insure it specifically.
Old 04-20-09, 07:26 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This should be on CNN

Last edited by pagemaster; 04-20-09 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-20-09, 07:42 PM
LexFather

Hope your wife gets better.

Sad to hear about the watch, innocent mistake.

Old 04-20-09, 07:49 PM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

damn that sucks!!!
Old 04-20-09, 09:05 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Usually, homeowner policy has any jewlery, watches, and furs, 1500 each item and up to 2500 total. And deductible is usually 1000. So most likely you will get 500 out of it.
But check with your insurer to make sure.
Old 04-20-09, 10:30 PM
Xwakeboard
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TooCoolSC
You pray for him and I'll pray for you. God bless, MB.
I'll second that. Hope everything works out...
Old 04-21-09, 08:00 AM
patrickgs3
Driver

No add placed after I filed the police report I was insulted enough. The cop actual said to me "Boy that was a dumb thing to do " I answered him I searched far and wide for just the right cop to prove to me that some people are really not qualified for there job "
I told him he would be a great fuller brush saleman. Some public servents need to go re-evaluate there jobs
To the club member [ 8 posts ] that thinks someones
pain and loss is funny . I will pray for you . Your going to need all the prayers you can get in the future.
dude rippin at people isnt going to bring your watch back. i feel for your family situation and wish you all the luck with that but this watch thing was a bonehead move. you are worried about a $5000 watch while some guy is worried if he can feed his damn family tonight after he got laid off of his job that barely made enough to live anyway.

i feel no remorse for high dollar items and its not because im jealous (even though I sure cant afford to drop a couple g's at a time on dumb s*** like watches) but because its a useless ego stroke.

again this has nothing to do with your family and i wish them all the best. but forget about the watch cause if someone picked it up without a hint of human compassion that is the last you will ever see of it. get your priorities straight and use $5k to take your dog to the best dog park in the world and lay with him the whole day.

**** flame suit on ****
Old 04-21-09, 08:08 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by mrblister
I went to the car wash the knid for 8 quraters you can do it your self high pressure . Apperaently I took of my Rolex watch and put it on top of the coin
box . You now whats comimg . I leave and 15 min later I realize what I did . I go right back and of course no one knows a thing. I guess the next car washer found my watch and took off. This kind of car wash attracts young people so I was hoping this person would have a conscience . No Luck my Do It Your Self Car wash cost me $ 5000.,00 dollars and worst of all I am not insured .Really bummed out , My fault I left my watch and the next person decided it was his

Really Bad weekend
I guess it was just bad timing Sorry about your lost.
Old 04-21-09, 08:20 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The person who took it probably thinks its a fake!

Last edited by tex2670; 04-21-09 at 08:25 AM.
Old 04-21-09, 08:24 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bopc1996
You did place an add in the local paper lost and found section, right? I left my dell $1400 laptop at a public place and was gone when I returned. Placed and add in the paper and got laptop back and guy would not even accept my reward. I felt sort of bad after my initial reaction of "all these theives around here".
Start with Craigslist...
Old 04-21-09, 11:38 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,370 Likes on 1,555 Posts

mrblister, sorry about the watch but your wife, dog and other loved ones need you right now. focus on them and the watch will fade into irrelevance.
Old 04-21-09, 12:15 PM
sphy1005
Instructor

Originally Posted by patrickgs3
dude rippin at people isnt going to bring your watch back. i feel for your family situation and wish you all the luck with that but this watch thing was a bonehead move. you are worried about a $5000 watch while some guy is worried if he can feed his damn family tonight after he got laid off of his job that barely made enough to live anyway.

i feel no remorse for high dollar items and its not because im jealous (even though I sure cant afford to drop a couple g's at a time on dumb s*** like watches) but because its a useless ego stroke.

again this has nothing to do with your family and i wish them all the best. but forget about the watch cause if someone picked it up without a hint of human compassion that is the last you will ever see of it. get your priorities straight and use $5k to take your dog to the best dog park in the world and lay with him the whole day.

**** flame suit on ****
Why shouldn't he worry about his watch? I understand there are people that have gotten laid off and are struggling to feed their families but what should he do then, not think twice about it?

I disagree with buying an expensive watch being a useless ego stroke. If thats the case then anyone who buys a set of rims or gets a new paint job then its just a useless ego stroke right?

So you would rather him spend $5k to take a dog to a dog park. That would be getting his priorities straight.

I'm not trying to be an a** Patrick just my .02 cents
Old 04-21-09, 01:39 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

If there isn't a happier outcome, remember to keep that police report and if absolutely nothing else, declare it on next year's tax return as a theft loss. Sure wish there was better advice but like bit said, things can be replaced.
Old 04-21-09, 02:09 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish you the best on all fronts.

Quick Reply: do it your self car wash cost me my new rolex watch