Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Mother kicks arguing daughters out of car, then drives off

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-09, 10:13 AM
wmb0000
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
So who is next after you guys beat up your kid? If your wife give you some shiz, a few good smack will make her listen next time I am sure.
"spanking" and "beating up" are two differents things. We all have different methods in teaching our kids. Your method does not necessary agree with mine but that does not make mine wrong or yours right. I am asian, so I got plenty of spanking when I was younger. It does me good. If my child is being bad and nothing will cure that then a good spanking will, in my opinion.
Old 04-23-09, 10:14 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

A child becomes a spoiled brat because of bad parenting/lack thereof from the beginning.
By the time you want to discipline these growing brats, it is a lot harder with all the bad influence and surroundings.

I agree they needed hard discipline but she did it where too many parents will see her as an unfit mom.

(Yeah, like child protective services reaaaly cares for the kids.)
Old 04-23-09, 10:16 AM
wmb0000
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by copa
This is a lazy and stupid way to discipline your kid. Nobody here can really imagine what could go wrong when you abandon a 10-year-old girl at night in a town, well-to-do or not?

If you feel all kids are miserable brats, or it's too much work to raise them, no problem. Vasectomies are cheap.
I believe it's a little too late for vasectomies. It will prevent having children in the future but it will not help with the current one you alreadied have.
Old 04-23-09, 10:18 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by wmb0000
"spanking" and "beating up" are two differents things. We all have different methods in teaching our kids. Your method does not necessary agree with mine but that does not make mine wrong or yours right. I am asian, so I got plenty of spanking when I was younger. It does me good. If my child is being bad and nothing will cure that then a good spanking will, in my opinion.
Exactly. Spanking on the butt not to induce injury and "beating the living crap" are two different things. OK, child protective custody can come knocking on the door now.

I got a good spanking by my dad and I sure remembered not to do that again
Old 04-23-09, 10:34 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I applaud the mom's efforts for disciplining her children and trying to teach them a lesson. I, as a child, was told to eixt my parents car, and I watched as they drove off. Yeah, I was really upset and stuff only to find out that they had only driven around the corner, parked the car, and was watching me fromt he corner. It kinda freaked them out that I was sufficient enough to know my way home and didn't panic. I agree that the kids needed to be taught a lesson but I think she took it to the extreme. What I think that everyone is missing here is she didn't just drive off; she went home and later called the police to inform them that the children were missing,,,

The girl gave police her mother's name and their address in well-to-do Scarsdale, and they asked Scarsdale police to check Primoff's $2 million house. Shortly afterward, Primoff called Scarsdale police from home to say the 10-year-old was missing, said Scarsdale Detective Lt. Bryant Clark.
Given these circumstances, since she felt the need to teach the kids such an extreme lesson, the cops felt compelled to do so to her as well.
Old 04-23-09, 10:43 AM
gshb
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

spanking only gets you so far. you gotta use the belt or a pvc pipe.
Old 04-23-09, 11:13 AM
1993ES300x
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gshb
spanking only gets you so far. you gotta use the belt or a pvc pipe.
try a rip that's 3 ft long from the very edge of a bamboo stick.

a good spanked child is a better child.

wanna try me? go ask ten people that are doing well for themselves. i bet the spanked ones outweight non-spanked.
Old 04-23-09, 12:45 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 731 Likes on 503 Posts

If spanking stops working and your kids still don't behave you're a pretty horrible parent...I was spanked 3 times when I was growing up (I'm only 22 now). Each one was for a legitimate reason. I don't do any of those 3 things anymore.
Old 04-23-09, 12:54 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Come on Allen, is spanking works everytime, there would be no troubled kids in the world.
Old 04-23-09, 01:00 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At least the car wasn't moving when she dropped them off.
Old 04-23-09, 01:01 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 731 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
Come on Allen, is spanking works everytime, there would be no troubled kids in the world.
Spanking isn't a substitute for good parenting - it's a tool for it. And with that I'm pretty sure we're off topic.
Old 04-23-09, 01:51 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

I wonder how this thread would run if the "Good Samaritan" that picked up the 10 year old, bought her ice cream, and took her to the Police had instead been a perveted sicko or pedophile.

This was a totally wrong approach by the mother and if there is any justice, she will spend a couple of years in prison instead of her $2 million mansion. Lawyers!

Steve
Old 04-23-09, 03:32 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

I guess i wasn't the only one who thought what she did was ok. Feeling is though that the kids had been doing this for a while. Very rarely does a mother snap to do something so radically due to just one incident
Old 04-23-09, 03:57 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by CHI2BFLO
I guess i wasn't the only one who thought what she did was ok. Feeling is though that the kids had been doing this for a while. Very rarely does a mother snap to do something so radically due to just one incident

I am sure it took a while for Ted Bundy to built up all that anger inside him too.
Old 04-23-09, 04:32 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

spank your kids please.

america doesn't spank enough.

remember that 18 year old white boy who pissed or spit gum in Singapore, and got flogged with a huge bamboo stick for it?
yeah, that taught him....