Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Mother kicks arguing daughters out of car, then drives off

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-09, 05:00 PM
Amini9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Epik151
I remember when my little brother was 5 or 6 or so I'd walk with him through department stores or grocery stores and then slip around a corner when he wasn't looking or sprint off and watch from afar as the panic and fear overcame him.
I did that to my cousin when he was around the same age. I would get to him before he started to cry, but he would get scared poopless.

I agree on what everyone else is saying. +1000

Originally Posted by dunnojack

spank your kids please.

america doesn't spank enough.

remember that 18 year old white boy who pissed or spit gum in Singapore, and got flogged with a huge bamboo stick for it?
yeah, that taught him....
Like in Step Brothers where the dad spanks him? LOLOL.
edit:
I also saw earlier in the thread about how spanking does discipline..
It's just like scolding a dog for peeing on the carpet. If you tell the dog 'don't do that' he\she will just do it again, but if you yell at it, it will not do it anymore.

V Dave, congrats on 20,000 LOL V

Last edited by Amini9; 04-23-09 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-23-09, 05:01 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,239 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Guys I've removed some off-topic and name-calling posts from this thread.

Please stick to the topic at hand and keep the personal commentary out of this thread... if you can't do that, then don't post in it please.
Old 04-23-09, 07:15 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Thank You Dave, for keeping this site clean.
Old 04-23-09, 10:18 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

she did nothing wrong in my eyes. Its the weak *** discipline in this country that leads to all of the screw ups in the school systems. Kids today have no respect . Beat it into them.
Old 04-24-09, 05:14 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Now, if she really wanted to punish her kid, she should have drop them at the ghetto
Old 04-24-09, 05:20 AM
legit
Pole Position

I believe a combination of positive/negative reinforcement and a tad bit of positive/negative punishment is necessary when a child gets way out of line would do well. Punishment is sorely lacking in North America whereas positive reinforcement is endorsed too much.
Old 04-24-09, 06:36 AM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

We may be treating the symptoms too late in the course of the disease. Physical punishment is the very last resort. The reason the kids act out is because they have had little or no previous correction. They need (and want) to know exactly where the boundaries are. First comes respect for their parents, then standards of conduct, acceptable limits to sibling harassment, and basic obedience.

Kids or even fairly bright pets don't understand being able to push the limits without fear of discipline, then being subjected to parental wrath when behavior crosses that fine line between what is acceptable and what is not. It is important to stop these excursions into borderline behavior and issue a calm but pointed warning, not wait until things boil over and scream at them or hand out physical punishment.

If gentle correction is ineffective, then move it up a notch. Don't allow bad behavior to go uncorrected - then go nuclear out of what the kids see as a clear blue sky. You are confusing the boundaries and undermining your own authority by losing your temper.
Old 04-24-09, 06:47 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This is nothing.. Todays kids have it good.. That "time out" nonsense in some households is laughable.. When I grew up, the only one calling time out would be me after getting mu *** whooped with brooms, extension cords, big spoons, you name it.. Black mothers I tell you
Old 04-24-09, 07:47 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lil4X
We may be treating the symptoms too late in the course of the disease. Physical punishment is the very last resort. The reason the kids act out is because they have had little or no previous correction. They need (and want) to know exactly where the boundaries are. First comes respect for their parents, then standards of conduct, acceptable limits to sibling harassment, and basic obedience.

Kids or even fairly bright pets don't understand being able to push the limits without fear of discipline, then being subjected to parental wrath when behavior crosses that fine line between what is acceptable and what is not. It is important to stop these excursions into borderline behavior and issue a calm but pointed warning, not wait until things boil over and scream at them or hand out physical punishment.

If gentle correction is ineffective, then move it up a notch. Don't allow bad behavior to go uncorrected - then go nuclear out of what the kids see as a clear blue sky. You are confusing the boundaries and undermining your own authority by losing your temper.

Very well said Lil4X, I just don’t understand parents that ignore their kids and don’t spend time with them and hit them when they do something bad. We all live very busy lives, I make sure I spend at least 1 hour a day talking to my kids or throw a baseball with him or go to a museum with him on weekends. Most of the time, kids mis-behave because they are crying out for attention.
Old 04-24-09, 08:17 AM
wmb0000
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lil4X

Definitely well said. If they need a good spanking then I will give it to them. This does not meant whenever they did something wrong I would spank them. I will have to teach not to do it again and use other form of punishment before spanking. Spanking is of the course the last resort of discpline.
Old 04-24-09, 06:09 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
I am sure it took a while for Ted Bundy to built up all that anger inside him too.
These are to different things. People like Ted Bundy, were people who were just messed up. I am not saying that parents should solve their children's discipline issues solely using the belt and ect. You should spend time with your kids, throw the football, bring them to sporting events, but sometimes kids need a real "awakening" i guess you could call it. This mom used a non-violent act to teach her kids a lesson, and as far as i'm concerned, it will work. It won't be for a while before her kids act up again. Unless of course their mom getting arrested made them think they taught their mom a lesson
Old 04-24-09, 08:10 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

spank your kids please.

remember that 18 year old white boy who pissed or spit gum in Singapore, and got flogged with a huge bamboo stick for it?
You bet it taught him.....and the main charge was vandalism, not spitting. He's not about to go back and do that again.....especially in Sinapore. (his name was Michael Fay, BTW). That bamboo stick stung his a** good....he's not about to forget it.

Last edited by mmarshall; 04-24-09 at 08:15 PM.
Old 04-24-09, 08:44 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

My wife and I both had the old school discipline growing up. She actually found a T shirt on line that says " My parents beat me and I turned out fine ". Priceless.

To parents today want to be their kids friends. You have to be the parent first then the friend.
Old 04-25-09, 10:47 AM
SH212
Dances with goats

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can see how if she would get the kids out and park around the corner and watch.. it scares the kid ****less, trust me i know i did it to my nephew at the mall... and from then on he is like glue to my side at the mall LOL... but driving home 3 miles away!! no way something can happend to them...
Old 04-25-09, 11:13 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

spank your kids please.

that is so medieval and old school man...pay someone else to beat them. Enroll them in karate school