Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Announces Pricing for All-New 2010 RX 450h and 2010 IS Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-09, 06:17 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts
Default Lexus Announces Pricing for All-New 2010 RX 450h and 2010 IS Convertible

Lexus Announces Pricing for All-New 2010 RX 450h and 2010 IS Convertible

TORRANCE, Calif. (April 23, 2009) – Lexus today announced the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the all-new 2010 RX 450h hybrid luxury utility vehicle and the 2010 IS250C and IS350C retractable hardtop convertibles. The original RX400h was the world’s first luxury hybrid vehicle when it debuted in 2005, and the all-new second-generation RX 450h once again raises the bar for design, engineering and luxury innovation in the segment. The 2010 RX 450h carries a base MSRP of $41,660 for the front-wheel drive (FWD) model and $43,250 for the all-wheel drive (AWD) version.

Continuing the performance and styling trends set by the IS luxury sport sedans, the ISconvertible provides the expressiveness of a convertible and the sporty styling of a coupe while expanding Lexus’ strong presence in the entry luxury segment. The 2010 IS250C will have a MSRP of $38,490 when equipped with a six-speed manual transmission; the IS250C with a six-speed automatic transmission will be $39,660. The IS350C will have a MSRP of $43,940.

RX450h

The 2010 RX 450h introduces an updated version of Lexus Hybrid Drive, featuring a 3.5-liter V6 Atkinson-cycle engine, lighter electric motors, a smaller and lighter power-control unit and other fuel-saving innovations. It offers up performance similar to V8s with better combined fuel economy than the average four-cylinder mid-size sedan. With an EPA-estimated 32 mpg city and 28 mpg highway (30 mpg combined) –30 mpg city, 28 mpg highway (29 mpg combined) for the AWD – it earns 16-20 percent better fuel economy than its acclaimed predecessor. While achieving improved fuel economy, the new RX450h produces 295 total system horsepower, 27 more than the current generation RX400h. It will achieve Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle (SULEV) certification in California (Tier 2-Bin 3 in other states), producing nearly 70 percent fewer smog-forming emissions than conventionally powered vehicles.

Active safety features include the available Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM), which governs all of the vehicle’s standard dynamic handling systems – the Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Brake Assist, Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Traction Control (TRAC) – employing them collectively and seamlessly to make corrections while allowing higher dynamic capability. The new RX adopts Hill-start Assist Control, which uses brake pressure to help prevent the vehicle from moving backward when starting out on an incline. The RX450h also has the available new Intelligent Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS), and the Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control.

The 2010 RX450h is equipped with a segment-leading 10 standard airbags, including side curtain airbags, front seat-mounted side airbags, rear side airbags (for the outboard seating positions) and knee airbags for the driver and the front passenger.

It features new wider standard 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, which were designed to appear as if carved from a single block, and 235/60R18 tires. Optional unique 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with 235/55R19 tires are available.

Lexus’ available next-generation Hard Disc Drive (HDD) navigation system eliminates the need for DVD map discs and offers a unique voice recognition system, which can work using casual-language inputs on certain functions. A distinctive Remote Touch controller allows the user to operate the navigation system, climate, audio, phone controls and more. The screen menus are selected with the controller, eliminating the need to reach out or avert eyes from the road. The attribute that most distinguishes Lexus’ navigation controller from other devices in other luxury models is its “haptic”-feedback technology, which provides a tactile response to the hand.

The new RX450h accommodates a variety of music sources, providing auxiliary and available USB inputs, Bluetooth® Audio wireless connectivity and standard XM® satellite radio capability (requires subscription), which is also joined by XM NavTraffic® and XM NavWeather®.

An optional rear-seat entertainment system includes two high-definition seven-inch screens, one on each of the front seatbacks. The available wide-view side monitor and backup monitor each help provide the driver with a wider range of visibility.

The all-new RX450h is now available with a Heads-Up Display (HUD) that offers displays for speed, navigation, and audio. High-intensity LEDs project high-contrast white figures onto the windshield, which are easier to read – and easier on the eyes – than the typical green-colored readouts.

IS250C and IS350C

Featuring a three-panel roof that opens in just 20 seconds, the new IS250C and IS350C provide the spirited sophistication of a convertible and the sporty styling of a coupe. The three-panel roof structure is primarily constructed of lightweight aluminum that helps achieve smooth, quiet retraction; it also helps provide compact packaging and convenient luggage space. With the exception of the hood, all other body panels have been designed to blend seamlessly with the new three-panel folding roof.

Powered by the same powertrain as the IS sedans, the IS 250C features a 2.5-liter, 204-hp V6 mated to a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission; the IS350C contains a 3.5-liter, 306-hp V6 with a six-speed automatic. Revisions to the body structure and suspension provide torsional stiffness and ride comfort with the top down, and low Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) on par with the IS sedan when in coupe configuration.

The IS250C and IS350C’s new exterior design provides dynamic, unique styling when interchanging between convertible and coupe configurations. A sleek aerodynamic design and a collection of underbody covers help achieve its lowest possible drag coefficient – 0.29 Cd versus the IS sedan’s 0.27 Cd – while creating minimal wind turbulence in the cabin.

In the front, a new fog-lamp design is integrated in the revised front air dam. The rear overhang increases by two inches to improve luggage space, providing storage for two golf bags in coupe configuration and one in a convertible. New combination tail-lamp clusters feature LED lights; a LED brake light is integrated within the standard rear spoiler.

The interior maintains the innovation and luxury touch points associated with the IS sport sedans, while new comfort and entertainment features provide a consistent atmosphere regardless of top configuration. Instrument gauges have been revised to help increase visibility during top-down driving, and the climate-control system has a speed-sensitive control feature that automatically increases air flow when the top is down while also automatically adjusting to vehicle speed.

With a four-seat configuration, the IS250C and IS350C’s rear seats feature a center console with built-in cup holders. In addition to front doors that are 11.8 inches longer than the IS sedans, an available new one-touch automatic mechanism provides easier egress and ingress through quick-acting, front-seat fold-and-slide activation. Rear-seat comfort is enhanced by shifting seat position inboard, providing improved headroom. The front seat backs are configured to also provide better rear-seat legroom.

A number of body-structure changes have been integrated into the IS250C and IS350C to augment strength, roll-over protection and torsional rigidity. Active safety features from the IS sedans transfer as well, including Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM), Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), and an available Pre-Collision System (PCS). The Safety Restraint System (SRS) will include the twin-chamber passenger airbag, while a new enlarged seat-mounted side airbag helps provide additional protection in certain side-impact scenarios. The convertible body shell has additional energy absorbing side-impact materials that also help protect front and rear passengers.

The IS convertible will go on sale in late May, while the all-new RX450h will reach dealerships in mid-summer. MSRP does not include a delivery, processing and handling fee of $875.

SOURCE : pressroom.toyota.com
Old 04-24-09, 06:59 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The RX450h AWD is just a few hundred dollars cheaper then the current RX400h. Its actually $230 cheaper. Interesting. I cant wait to see the pricing for the HS250h.
Old 04-24-09, 07:33 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I thought the IS350C with an MSRP of $43,940 was pretty steep.......
until I looked up the 335i convertible --- $50700
Old 04-24-09, 07:42 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell
I thought the IS350C with an MSRP of $43,940 was pretty steep.......
until I looked up the 335i convertible --- $50700
You get what you pay for.. Examine both verts beneath the skin & you will find out quickly if you got your moneys worth.. I need to find a cut-away of both cars online..
Old 04-24-09, 08:08 AM
wmb0000
Pole Position

I am a huge convertible fan so I can't wait to see the IS convertible in person
Old 04-24-09, 08:20 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Prices are pretty competitive IMO.
Old 04-24-09, 08:28 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
You get what you pay for.. Examine both verts beneath the skin & you will find out quickly if you got your moneys worth.. I need to find a cut-away of both cars online..
Yes, you do get what you pay for. Lots of **** lube. We all know BMWs are overpriced otherwise they wouldn't have to resort to having the highest incentives around. Over $4300 or so. Or all their lease deals.

People buy Lexus and people lease BMWs.

Not sure why you have to resort to more German chest pounding. Both convertibles surely have what it takes and people will buy both. I still much prefer the 3 convertible in pics and seeing them modded in person, they look great.

I find the 450h pricing to be VERY aggresive and a bargain. 43k base? That is fantastic. Surely 50k or so loaded.

Old 04-24-09, 08:31 AM
P Weezy
Lexus Champion

Great prices.

Hmmmm, im sure im gonna see ALOOOT of the convt. 2IS's by June here in SoCal....i mean, I practically see atleast 15 - 20 2IS's a day during my daily commute lol
Old 04-24-09, 08:32 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

7-8k more for the 350C over 350, not too bad. Geez with the increased weight the 250C is going to be even slower =/
Old 04-24-09, 08:48 AM
Yay-Z
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
7-8k more for the 350C over 350, not too bad. Geez with the increased weight the 250C is going to be even slower =/
IS convertible is still ugly as hell, the good pricing wont change that
Old 04-24-09, 08:59 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Yes, you do get what you pay for. Lots of **** lube. We all know BMWs are overpriced otherwise they wouldn't have to resort to having the highest incentives around. Over $4300 or so. Or all their lease deals.
There is an emphasis in the letter L in the word lube?.. I surely don't need it.. Once again, if you were to examine both vehicles beneath the skin & under the vehicle in real life rather than magazines, one will see where the money went..

People buy Lexus and people lease BMWs.
I find a great deal more twenty somethings leasing Lexus vehicles IS, IS-F's?.. or mom & dad helping?.. FYI...People buy BMW's too..

Not sure why you have to resort to more German chest pounding. Both convertibles surely have what it takes and people will buy both. I still much prefer the 3 convertible in pics and seeing them modded in person, they look great.
LOL..Who is German pounding? Getting a bit defensive there lol.. Refute my point & leave the personal jabs out.. I responded to a post based on my experience..

I find the 450h pricing to be VERY aggresive and a bargain. 43k base? That is fantastic. Surely 50k or so loaded.
Agreed $43k base is a good price for a luxury hybrid suv.
Old 04-24-09, 09:09 AM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JessePS
The RX450h AWD is just a few hundred dollars cheaper then the current RX400h. Its actually $230 cheaper. Interesting. I cant wait to see the pricing for the HS250h.
I cannot wait to see the price of the HS either. We are considering adding one of these two vehicles to the stable, assuming the price is right!
Old 04-24-09, 09:31 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,370 Likes on 1,555 Posts

rx450h price is great.

isc - price won't matter much since only people like stevie wonder would find it attractive.
Old 04-24-09, 09:55 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
There is an emphasis in the letter L in the word lube?.. I surely don't need it.. Once again, if you were to examine both vehicles beneath the skin & under the vehicle in real life rather than magazines, one will see where the money went..

I find a great deal more twenty somethings leasing Lexus vehicles IS, IS-F's?.. or mom & dad helping?.. FYI...People buy BMW's too..

LOL..Who is German pounding? Getting a bit defensive there lol.. Refute my point & leave the personal jabs out.. I responded to a post based on my experience..

Agreed $43k base is a good price for a luxury hybrid suv.
This thread is about pricing for the H/ISc and you have to reply with some baseless comment :"you get what you pay for".

Yeah plastic fenders.

Doens't matter what you "find", as I can "find" things as well. The facts stand on BMW's selling methods. Leasing and incentives. BMW has stated it, we have seen the figures over and over. So the "get what you pay for" comment is pretty out of touch when people are not doing such a thing in most instances.

I didn't jab you or make a comment towards you. We all know the facts. That MSRP means nothing with lease deals and class leading incentives when the economy was GREAT and when it sucks.

So below are the facts. These are not new, we have discussed this over the years.

Yeah, "you get what you pay for"
http://www.wintonsworld.com/cars/car...w-results.html
Highest incentives
Meanwhile, BMW continues to aggressively expand sales in the U.S., and Autodata, a well respected estimator of incentive levels, puts BMW incentives amongst the highest in the industry. Autodata said BMW incentives per car were $4,258 in August, compared with Ford at $3,802, GM at $2,899 and Mercedes at $2,692.
http://www.autonews.com/article/2008...&rssfeed=rss01
He also has sharply reduced BMW's lease deals, which normally account for a big portion of sales. BMW's lease penetration fell from 63 percent in February to 50 percent in August, according to the Power Information Network.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...-vehicles.html
http://www.autospies.com/news/Which-...entives-17493/

http://www.autospies.com/news/BMW-re...ll-cars-13256/

"Incentives stand at an average of $4,125 per vehicle, which is about 60 percent higher compared to Mercedes ($2,573) and Audi ($2,607). Most of these discounts are related to BMW's active move into competitive lease deals," the report said

http://www.autoobserver.com/2008/08/...sis-shows.html

A record two models - BMW's flagship 7-Series sedan and Saab's 9-7X SUV - have averaged a $10,000 plus incentive for the entire year so far. In fact, the 7-Series is approaching the $20,000 mark.

So while you spout what you "See" those links above are the FACTS of the matter. I found links over the years. Look BMWs make fantastic vehicles, my posts clearly show my admiration for the brand.

That said what you are trying to imply is foolish as its clear BMW prices their vehicles one way and SELL them another way.

Oh here is March 2009 numbers.
http://horisly.blogspot.com/2009/04/...bmw-offer.html

But Jaguar — the former Ford Motor Co. brand now owned by Tata Motors Co. — topped all other automakers in March, more than tripling its discounts to an average of $6,548 per vehicle. Last year, Jaguar offered an average discount of $1,983.

BMW, meanwhile, increased its discounts to an average of $5,216 per vehicle, a 15% over last March. Mercedes-Benz also upped its discounts to an average of $5,052 per vehicle, an increase of 64%.

It would see Lexus then prices their cars appropriately. Does Lexus offer lease deals/Incentives? Yes! Nowhere near BMW, which has led the luxury class in both for years.

The price of the IS-c is very fair. The price of the 335 is what BMW feels is fair. What the facts show is people are going to pay closer to MSRP for the Lexus and actually BUY the Lexus compared to BMW, where they will get much larger incentives (making the price difference much smaller) if they purchase and the majority will LEASE the vehicle.

There is no other arugement here.

Last edited by LexFather; 04-24-09 at 09:59 AM.

Old 04-24-09, 10:10 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by wmb0000
I am a huge convertible fan so I can't wait to see the IS convertible in person
I saw it at the San Jose car show early this year, it was butt heavy.

Quick Reply: Lexus Announces Pricing for All-New 2010 RX 450h and 2010 IS Convertible