Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Geely doesn't copy . LMAO

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-09, 09:28 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Not RR, Bentley. Please read up on Mr. Giles, the head designer.

The head designer said it the Bentley was his influence. I mean I like it, its aged well but its clearly a knock-off and people buy it in droves.
Bentley, yeah I agree but it doesn't look like an Arnage. The styling difference between the 300 and the Arnage is further vs. this Geely and the Phantom. I mean, I'm not saying the 300 doesn't look like it because it certain doesn't (esp. with a mesh grille) but this Geely even has the same lines under the headlights and the same foglights in a very similar (dare I say exact) location.

Toyota's got some hints of MB in the Gen 5 Camry (the taillights) and the new Legacy looks like a BMW at the back and heck remember the Kia Amanti? It took cues from everyone (Lexus, Mercedes and Jaguar) in the front design but it took small cues and combined them. It didn't copy the entire front end and added lipstick.
Old 04-29-09, 10:05 PM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This has been reported in the Chinese News since last week... if you listen to the spokeperson from Geely, you will be shocked.