Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

First gen Tundras might have wide spread frame rot issues like the Tacomas did?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-09, 05:44 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default First gen Tundras might have wide spread frame rot issues like the Tacomas did?

I know out of all the Tundras produced this isn't a whole lot of them, but you also have to realize for every 1 person that has officially filed a complaint with the NHTSA there's probably hundreds more that have some varying degree of rot and either do not yet realize it, or just haven't filed a formal complaint with that agency.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...58/detail.html

It's certainly believable considering the Tacoma was recalled for frame rot in this same year among other years.
Old 04-26-09, 11:07 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Threxx
I know out of all the Tundras produced this isn't a whole lot of them, but you also have to realize for every 1 person that has officially filed a complaint with the NHTSA there's probably hundreds more that have some varying degree of rot and either do not yet realize it, or just haven't filed a formal complaint with that agency.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...58/detail.html

It's certainly believable considering the Tacoma was recalled for frame rot in this same year among other years.
I don't think the first gen Tundra's have an such problems. The used models have been around since 1999 without much problems other than brake issues on early models.

Now I have seen recalled Tacoma with frame rot. The rotting is out of this world on the one I saw. I have never seen another vehicle with this type of issue.