Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

APRIL 2009 Vehicles Sales

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-09, 06:09 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
the GLK is the newest Cute ute out. The X3 is old, the RDX never met sales goals and the EX did even worst, its a complete faillure. So the GLK sales look impressive on paper but really, its only fighting the Q5 right now. The volvo is non-existent.
On paper, the Lexus RX should be on that list, but Lexus somehow manage to stand alone in this segment of SUVs. To this date, no other luxury SUV have even come close to the sale figures of the RX.
Old 05-13-09, 05:12 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
On paper, the Lexus RX should be on that list, but Lexus somehow manage to stand alone in this segment of SUVs. To this date, no other luxury SUV have even come close to the sale figures of the RX.
Yes, and there's a reason for that. Besides superb build quality and a mirror-like paint finish, the RX also delivers more in the way of traditional luxury, powertrain smoothness, refinement, and quietness. Yes, the BMW X3/X5 delivers steering/handling; the Mercedes SUVs safety and an extremely strong frame, and the Audi Q5/Q7 some nice interior materials, but, in this class, Lexus delivers what the majority of buyers want.
Old 05-14-09, 06:23 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Yes, and there's a reason for that. Besides superb build quality and a mirror-like paint finish, the RX also delivers more in the way of traditional luxury, powertrain smoothness, refinement, and quietness. Yes, the BMW X3/X5 delivers steering/handling; the Mercedes SUVs safety and an extremely strong frame, and the Audi Q5/Q7 some nice interior materials, but, in this class, Lexus delivers what the majority of buyers want.
First of all, I dont think the paint in the RX is as good as MB, Audi or BMW. Built quality is about the same. The big difference is the suspension, maybe the Germans just dont know the US SUV market well enough. It seems like Lexus hit a home run with the only soft rider in the imported luxury segment. I am still surprise that no one else is looking at this and make a soft rider to compete with the RX.
Old 05-14-09, 07:03 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

I have to agree with mmarshall regarding the paint, I think Lexus paint finish is superior to MB and BMW(yep, seen them parked side by side to each other countless number of times), with Audi being the only exception.

With MB though, ^^I am excluding their Designo Edition paints, which are more impressive, but cost a lot extra, & I still isn't sure they are as good.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 05-14-09 at 05:44 PM.
Old 05-14-09, 05:40 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I have to agree that Lexus paint quality is the best I have seen.