Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

UK Satisfaction survey. Lexus #1. Fiat dead last

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-09, 07:05 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by FKL
1SICK, I'm not sure how much faith I'd put into these "JD Power" lists. As drunkdave mentioned above, the results are sketchy at best. They rate Volkswagen second to the bottom in the US, but Skoda, which builds all their vehicles on existing VW Group platforms, rates at number two in a UK survey? How could that be? Further, Audi is right next to Honda and Porsche on that same US list, and the parent brand is second to last?

It doesn't seem to mean much, and I wouldn't judge the validity of the Chrysler/Fiat deal based on some skewed JD power results.
VW and Skoda building on the same platform doesn't mean the many other various parts, the electronics, the engines, etc., are similar and they are built by the same factories with the same specs., and under the supervision of the same management.

It's really no surprise at all that there can be big differences in reliability data between VW and Skoda, as we can see in the past, even within the same model, like the Toyota Camry as just one of many examples, the 4 cylinder have significantly less problems than the 6 cylinder. I also recall that the BMW 545i has significantly more issues than the I6 versions according to surveys. These models share A LOT more than just sharing platforms. So this is not a reason at all to doubt the validity of the results of this JD Power survey.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 05-06-09 at 09:32 AM.
Old 05-06-09, 08:36 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My uncle drives a Fiat in China, and the interior is very average... sort of worse than Accord but similar to Taraus kind of interior... but if it comes down to it, I would rather drive a Fiat than Accord, those European car has a fun look to them, Accords and Corrolla's look so dreary and boring.
Old 05-06-09, 09:53 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

No surprise that Lexus is ranked #1 again. I am amazed by the customer service and insane attention to detail that I get when I service my Lexus at the dealership.

In terms of Alfa Romeo, I would welcome them back into the American markets with open arms and a huge warning to make an entrance with very very reliable models. They cant repeat the old broke down car thing in todays market. With competiton like Toyota, Honda, and Nissan they will need to come with cars that will blow us away. The cool italian car thing fades quickly when sitting at dealership