Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Chile marks successful first year

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-09, 12:13 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool Lexus Chile marks successful first year

Pics from Lexus Chile's site of their Las Condes showroom.

http://www.latercera.com/contenido/665_120257_9.shtml

Lexus: Year One in Chile
The 12 months of its arrival in the domestic market, in the Japanese brand makes a positive balance of its premium segment integración y al de las ventas who have achieved.

The premium segment in Chile, which according to the National Automotive Association of Chile (Anac) corresponds to the file that cuestan over 20 million pesos, ha having a tan sustained growth in the last three years, which pasó de tener un 2,8% del total de las ventas en 2006 al 3,2% de participación el año pasado.

With this propitious scenario and then to several attempts, the April 11, 2008 officially landed in Chile Lexus, la firma de lujo del Grupo Toyota. And if you delay your arrival more than the mind, because it was marked either lanzarse con su más nueva range.

Lexus started sold five of their products: the sport IS 250, GS 300 sedan and the LS 460, the descapotable SC 430 and the todoterreno LX 570. With them, the goal was 200 units sold in its first year (25 units per month), something that neither the arrival of the crisis in October could brake, since the mark hill with 226 units in 2008, nothing wrong whereas the prices parten in U.S. $ 42,450 (unos $ 25 millones), and that companies like Audi and Volvo consolidated vendieron 900 and 717 units respectively.

"The brand is very satisfied with what we have achieved till now," explains Hector Inostroza, general manager of Lexus Chile.

Y is that in spite of the crisis, the executives feel that they have meet with the business plan in its first year, resaltando one of the most important values for the brand: al tener satisfied customer.

"We reached an important level of satisfaction that fits to the standards mundiales de la marca, gracias al servicio de venta y posventa that we have," explains Paul Cheetham, manager of Lexus.
http://translate.google.com/translat...ml&sl=pt&tl=en

http://www.lexus.cl/
Old 05-06-09, 02:20 PM
LexFather

Thanks for sharing!
Funny they get the GS 300 still, we should still get it here too!

The dealership looks like a modern home

Old 05-06-09, 02:36 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 163 Likes on 139 Posts

I'm not surprised. Chile is one of the, make that, the best performing economy in South America and I dare say Latin America in total. That's got to do with a lot of production of natural resources and also a stable government with sound economic principles. One of my college girlfriends lives down there and she is married to a Chilean and things have gone well for them and friends despite rough patches elsewhere.

I am still hoping, though in understand their entrance is now delayed, that Lexus will one day soon take off in Mexico.

Suerte Lexus de Chile y felicidades
Old 05-06-09, 09:43 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Lexus is hosing the customers with the GS300. Gas is cheap in chile,
Old 05-07-09, 10:46 AM
DustinV
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They're selling the SC430 down there?

When will it be killed off? This is probably the weakest Lexus product at the moment. It's outdated in terms of style and comfort (from most reviews). Sure, it's well-made, reliable, luxurious but the competition hasn't slept. The new Jaguar XK and Mercedes SL are fantastic cars that are, if we're honest, just so much more "cooler" than the SC. It really needs to be redesigned and this time it should make people go "wow" when they see it on the road.
Old 05-07-09, 11:45 AM
ivanz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, it appears most of South America prefers (or mandates) Euro spec cars.
Old 05-08-09, 10:43 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 163 Likes on 139 Posts

Euro spec cars were the norm in Mexico.

Keep in mind, I used to get the wow factor with my RX300 for many years when I was in Mexico City, because only once in a blue moon would I see another Lexus there.