Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Murphy's law working at its best!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-09 | 04:30 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by malujerry
Most dealers do, some say only with service. But it's an automatic one and they always leave water marks from improper drying. Or maybe I'm just too picky despite a free car wash?

I wouldn't even let the dealer wash my in-laws car let alone my 60k lexus............it's usually a couple of high school kids who could care less about scratching your paint or curbing your wheels
Old 05-09-09 | 12:17 AM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
So I decide to wash all three cars for the first time in about 2 years (lexus does it for free) and I just finish wiping down the last drops of water after 3 hours of vacuming ,washing and waxing and the biggest crap filled bird decides it wants to do diarrhoea all over the freshly washed cars. I swear, if I ever catch that bird I am going take it to the vet b/c there is seriously something wrong with it. Well needless to say I ain't going to wash the cars for a long time again, it is just not worth the pain.
End of rant...
Come on Dave! Wahhh!

It's called karma. With your beautiful cars, beautiful house and, I assume, beautiful wife, I'd say that a little poop on your car is the least of your worries.

Just think of it as the poor bastard that missed out on your success coming back to haunt you...lol.
Old 05-09-09 | 06:59 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flipside909
I think Starfire is a great target for birds. I'm constantly cleaning up bird poo every time I take the F out.
LOL, I will agree with that!

Originally Posted by I nd ISF
I have a similar problem. It seems almost every time I spend a decent amount of time washing, waxing and detailing my car it rains the next day
I hear that!

Originally Posted by DFLORES
lol! dave i cant believe you washed them! well atleast u can say u tried! great job! damn birds!
I can't either!
Originally Posted by malujerry
Most dealers do, some say only with service. But it's an automatic one and they always leave water marks from improper drying. Or maybe I'm just too picky despite a free car wash?
They are pretty good here though.
Originally Posted by rominl
i guess white in general? i always had the worst luck with my sc430!
Black is just about as bad!
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
lmfao...hilarious...

My problem is everytime I wash the car, it WILL rain, that day, wherever I am driving. If you want rain, let me come to your city and wash my car.
That is not even the worst of it, It rained for all of half an hour this week, and that half hour was on the day that I washed it, and to top things off for a perfect Murphy's Law in action that half hour was when the wife asked me to take some blankets down to the Laundry mat to wash them which takes... you guessed it 30 min!!!! And I swear I am not exaggerating!
Old 05-09-09 | 07:03 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Come on Dave! Wahhh!

It's called karma. With your beautiful cars, beautiful house and, I assume, beautiful wife, I'd say that a little poop on your car is the least of your worries.

Just think of it as the poor bastard that missed out on your success coming back to haunt you...lol.
LOL, I suppose I probably should not tell you about the hundreds of thousands of dollars I have in asian arowans and fish in my aquariums.

A pic taken by me of one of my arowana.