Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Nissan GTR wins One Lap of America

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-09, 02:45 PM
mr. j

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan GTR wins One Lap of America

http://www.onelapofamerica.com/histo...09&res=OVL_CUM

finally a sports car with an AWD system that doesn't suck.
to Nissan engineers for doing AWD right.
Old 05-10-09, 06:06 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mr. j

Lambo, Porsche and Audi have been doing this for years.........nothing new
Old 05-10-09, 07:32 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by 8speed
Well, its Nissan now...i'd say the above was pretty good company
Old 05-10-09, 08:09 PM
LexFather

What on EARTH are you talking about? There are plenty of fantastic AWD systems before the GT-R.

The best mod to a car is THE DRIVER. They clearly had a great team and a great car.

Old 05-10-09, 08:16 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by EZZ
Well, its Nissan now...i'd say the above was pretty good company

Old 05-10-09, 08:59 PM
mr. j

Originally Posted by 8speed
So has Nissan.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
What on EARTH are you talking about? There are plenty of fantastic AWD systems before the GT-R.
The GTR is the only AWD car that can run with nearly any RWD car in the dry and I'd like to see RWD cars keep up in wet slippery environments. Can't say the same about the other AWD cars.

997TT at best can barely keep up with a Z06 (at best) while the GTR can out perform it. Audi R8 is just slow. Gallardo even with more power still fails to outperform the GTR.

That leaves the Veyron which the magazines refuse to track, except to my knowledge a total of two measly times. And one of those is a Top Gear time from a standing start, a stupid and useless way to asses a car's track worthiness. Compared to well over 10 times the GTR has been successfully tracked by various media outlets.

Credit goes to Nissan engineers for developing the only AWD system to work successfully in all surface conditions, including the dry something no other AWD system has done thus far.
Old 05-10-09, 09:04 PM
LexFather

So has Nissan.

The GTR is the only AWD car that can run with nearly any RWD car in the dry and I'd like to see RWD cars keep up in wet slippery environments. Can't say the same about the other AWD cars.

997TT at best can barely keep up with a Z06 (at best) while the GTR can out perform it. Audi R8 is just slow. Gallardo even with more power still fails to outperform the GTR.

That leaves the Veyron which the magazines refuse to track, except to my knowledge a total of two measly times. And one of those is a Top Gear time from a standing start, a stupid and useless way to asses a car's track worthiness. Compared to well over 10 times the GTR has been successfully tracked by various media outlets.

Credit goes to Nissan engineers for developing the only AWD system to work successfully in all surface conditions, including the dry something no other AWD system has done thus far.
Let me say first I adore the GT-R and always have. What you are telling us though really is not true. I want you to read EVO/Car/Top Gear and look at all test results before saying other cars cannot keep up with it.

A lot of cars can keep up with it and beat it. What the GT-R does incredibly is be in the same performane level tens of thousands of dollars less.

The Veyron is not a damn track car, that is not its purpose. Its SOLE PURPOSE was to beat the Mclaren F1 and be the FASTEST CAR on the planet.

Can the GT-R do 252 MPH? \

Kudos to the GT-R for the win, no need crapping on all the other cars.

Old 05-10-09, 10:38 PM
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion

what about the Evo and the STi?
Old 05-11-09, 07:17 AM
JonSC4
Lead Lap

So has Nissan.

I think the 959 did a pretty good job of keeping up with RWD cars in it's time
Old 05-11-09, 03:50 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

If you know your one lap history, a 996 Porsche 911 turbo won the two last previous years and it has awd. Also the fastest time attack cars are AWD, the Cyber Evo(mitsubishi) hold the current tsukba track record, and the Zero sports WRX(Subaru) is not far behind. The top tuning shops in Japan, when asked as why they do not use the GT-R for time attack, the reply is "It is to heavy". So yeah the GT-R is a great car, but it has serious flaws when compared to some other cars.
Old 05-11-09, 04:05 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I saw a GTR on the road for the first time today. The car is simply stunning. Nissan really outdid everyone with GTR, its just amazing.
Old 05-11-09, 04:34 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

My preference is the 997 TT. The capabilities of the GTR are tremendous, but I find its styling to be just so-so.
Old 05-11-09, 05:01 PM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Och
I saw a GTR on the road for the first time today. The car is simply stunning. Nissan really outdid everyone with GTR, its just amazing.
Saw one today also, Huge Brembos!
Old 05-11-09, 07:53 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Och
I agree, it is really show stopping

Old 05-11-09, 11:46 PM
Oleg400
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
My preference is the 997 TT. The capabilities of the GTR are tremendous, but I find its styling to be just so-so.

The car looks okay but that's about it, Its competitors styling just seem to be on a different level.