Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Mel Gibson...loves his RWD LS, and his RWD ?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-09, 06:29 PM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xioix
In Malibu, more like stand out
didnt read malibu.
Old 05-12-09, 06:30 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't tell what year that was but even if it's from the mid/late 80s, looking at his roles I think he must have been doing pretty well with his checking account at the time that car was new... maybe he was just playing it safe in case his career fizzled out or maybe he just wasn't getting paid that much despite being in some decent titles.
Old 05-12-09, 06:47 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
At least he was sober, I hope.
Sober???? I woyld have to be torn up to make that kind of money and then drive a POS like that. I wouldnt even get into that car to light a cigarette if had money like him. I would be rolling a clean Bentley Continental. He is a clown. I feel that this bothers me more than the lame comment he made about the Jews when he was drunk. Mel Gibson is a loser
Old 05-12-09, 07:05 PM
xioix
Racer

Originally Posted by Threxx
I can't tell what year that was but even if it's from the mid/late 80s, looking at his roles I think he must have been doing pretty well with his checking account at the time that car was new... maybe he was just playing it safe in case his career fizzled out or maybe he just wasn't getting paid that much despite being in some decent titles.
Its the divorce, the ex-wife is getting half, so he needs to start living a lower profile life
Old 05-12-09, 07:08 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Sober???? I woyld have to be torn up to make that kind of money and then drive a POS like that. I wouldnt even get into that car to light a cigarette if had money like him. I would be rolling a clean Bentley Continental. He is a clown. I feel that this bothers me more than the lame comment he made about the Jews when he was drunk. Mel Gibson is a loser
You know even some of the top Billionaires do drive some very modest cars right ?

http://www.luxurylaunches.com/other_...llionaires.php

Old 05-12-09, 07:33 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Wow. It's nice to see the rich not so concerned about image or about being flashy. But that's an odd choice for Gibson.

It's just a priceless image.
Old 05-12-09, 07:34 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

just because they own the car doesnt mean they are driving it. They probably keep ****ty cars to remember where they came from (LOL), or to go into ****ty areas to get weed. Only a POS would drive a car like that and still have that much money in the bank ( you cant take it with you after you die). The only explanantion is that he is blind and really really really CHEAP!!!!!.....actually there is no explanation that can even start to be acceptable to me. He is driving what my best friend in high school used to borrow from his mom ( she was a secretary for gods sake) to go to the library with
Old 05-12-09, 07:35 PM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by xioix
Its the divorce, the ex-wife is getting half, so he needs to start living a lower profile life
even with half of 900million, hes driving a real beater..
Old 05-12-09, 07:38 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Threxx
Are you talking about the time of these pics? Because it seems very recent judging from his apparent age in the closeup. Certainly not the '80's. I'd say that image is no older than 5 years old.

So at a time that he's worth $900,000,000.00, he's driving a car worth about
$2K. Hahahahaha.
Old 05-12-09, 11:58 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

just because they own the car doesnt mean they are driving it. They probably keep ****ty cars to remember where they came from (LOL), or to go into ****ty areas to get weed. Only a POS would drive a car like that and still have that much money in the bank ( you cant take it with you after you die). The only explanantion is that he is blind and really really really CHEAP!!!!!.....actually there is no explanation that can even start to be acceptable to me. He is driving what my best friend in high school used to borrow from his mom ( she was a secretary for gods sake) to go to the library with
Man, did Mel Gibson do something to offend you personally

Just because people have money does not mean they feel they have to buy and ride around super expensive lux/sports cars all the time calling attention to themselves 24/7. Maybe Mel just likes the car or had good memories in that car and does not want to call much attention to himself or looking to get hounded by fans and the media where ever he goes by pulling up in a Bentley or Ferrari.

When Bruce Willis was shooting a movie in Wilmington my uncle was stopped at a red light next to him and said Bruce was driving a Toyota Avalon so it is not like Mel is the only millionaire celebrity who sometimes drives around in less expensive cars, there are actually quite a few rich celebrities who drive in inexpensive or older cars and don't seem too bothered they are not in some insanely overpriced look at me 100K+ car.
Old 05-13-09, 01:20 AM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

dude, that's not his car...
Old 05-13-09, 06:08 AM
xioix
Racer

Originally Posted by UDel
Man, did Mel Gibson do something to offend you personally

Just because people have money does not mean they feel they have to buy and ride around super expensive lux/sports cars all the time calling attention to themselves 24/7. Maybe Mel just likes the car or had good memories in that car and does not want to call much attention to himself or looking to get hounded by fans and the media where ever he goes by pulling up in a Bentley or Ferrari.

When Bruce Willis was shooting a movie in Wilmington my uncle was stopped at a red light next to him and said Bruce was driving a Toyota Avalon so it is not like Mel is the only millionaire celebrity who sometimes drives around in less expensive cars, there are actually quite a few rich celebrities who drive in inexpensive or older cars and don't seem too bothered they are not in some insanely overpriced look at me 100K+ car.
Adam Carolla is another one of those, he has an Aston Martin and other Lambos, but he is still a Datsun nut and has several of them
Old 05-13-09, 06:22 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

His tags should read GIVHALF lol.......
Old 05-13-09, 06:31 AM
JonSC4
Lead Lap

Not everyone is so insecure that they have to show everyone what a nice car they drive. At the end of the day, cars are just transportation.
Old 05-13-09, 06:32 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe it was a loaner from the local Lexus dealer.

Quick Reply: Mel Gibson...loves his RWD LS, and his RWD ?????