Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Mel Gibson...loves his RWD LS, and his RWD ?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-09, 05:34 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

People who like cars will always want to drive nice ones. My wife is a good example of someone who would not care if she was driving a LS600 or a beat up VW, they all are the same to her.
Old 05-14-09, 11:58 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
nice cars for celebrities -- cool

but i wouldn't lose one respect to any celebrities if they are driving an old used car. why should i just anyone, let alone celebrities, by what they drive? to be honest only losers would judge things that way

my company has more than a few 10 millionaires. some of them are still driving their pos civic from the 90s before the company went IPO. they all can give a rat *** about what people think of them.

and i respect all of them greatly

i'd rather see this than 10 lindsay in the sl65
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
The G35 interior was just as craptastic as a Cressida. Sorry.

You can't pick and chose your pos. A pos is a pos.

We can disagree on Mel, I think its actually kind of cool for him to be driving an old Cressida.

Lets look at Scott Storch, a suburban douchebag who suddenly became a hip hop mega producer even though his idea of "hood" is Beverly Hills. He got wealthy quick and was in magazines, etc bragging on his Bugatti's and all his cars etc. Well the guy is now broke, come to find out he wasn't paying child support and he had the money management of a 3 year old at toys r us.
I dont give a damn what anyone thinks of me, but I know I would still be driving a nice car. If lived around hicks in the black hills I would still have a nice car if . Only cheap loser would judge it any other way. IMO

as far as the G35 having an ugly interior I laugh in your face 1 SICKLEX with all due respect of course. I am losing respect for your opinion in cars by the day.

a millionaire driving a civic or cresida??? LMAO. you guys are just being ridiculous. There is a difference between having a bugatti or a nice Lexus LS or Mercedes S class. How about a new BMW 3 series to blend in with all of the others in LA. How about a little pride and class. Nobody said he need to roll around in a convertible Maybach but this is pathetic and you know it. Why do you guys buy a Lexus ??? The answer to that question says it all.

Last edited by I8ABMR; 05-15-09 at 12:03 AM.
Old 05-15-09, 12:18 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I dont give a damn what anyone thinks of me, but I know I would still be driving a nice car. If lived around hicks in the black hills I would still have a nice car if . Only cheap loser would judge it any other way. IMO

as far as the G35 having an ugly interior I laugh in your face 1 SICKLEX with all due respect of course. I am losing respect for your opinion in cars by the day.

a millionaire driving a civic or cresida??? LMAO. you guys are just being ridiculous. There is a difference between having a bugatti or a nice Lexus LS or Mercedes S class. How about a new BMW 3 series to blend in with all of the others in LA. How about a little pride and class. Nobody said he need to roll around in a convertible Maybach but this is pathetic and you know it. Why do you guys buy a Lexus ??? The answer to that question says it all.
i feel very sad for you, that's all i can say. but it's ok coz' i know you don't care (and i don't really care neither). and don't worry, i am pretty sure none of us here really care what you think

i buy stuff that i want (not just cars) coz' of my preference, not coz' they reflect any of my status. and thus i don't judge people by what they wear or drive, that's very simple logic. only insecure people would do such pathetic thing to show others about their status.

i am done in this thread. you can continue to live in your own world and i can care less.
Old 05-15-09, 12:27 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

mmmhhmm . what ever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night. This from the guy who has an LS, GS, and an M3 convertible. LOL
Old 05-15-09, 05:42 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i understand i8abmr's point; he lives in LA, the car mecca of the world. the car culture in LA is ridiculous. if you don't have a sick car, you're nothing. you are judged by what you drive. it's just how it is no matter how silly it really is in the end. he just has to look at it that way becuase of where he is.
i don't agree with it, but that's how it is for many people out there. like i said earlier, i'd rather have exactly what i have now, just with about $20-$50k more dumped into each one to make them my dream vehicles. my dream car isn't a ferrari, it's more like an old toyot FJ40 or FJ55 with a cummins 4bt turbo diesel swap, 1 ton axles, 37" tires, fully restored to better than new body work, fully modern electronics, etc. which i can also take off road and wheel the **** out of. or my truck, with a fully built engine, twin turbos making 85psi, putting out 1000hp and 2000 ft. lbs of torque. that stuff would make me happier than a ferrari.... imo, it's not about showing off your money, it's about using it.
Old 05-15-09, 06:00 AM
JonSC4
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have lost ALL respect for Mel Gibson

If you really judge people on their cars as you say then I don't think anyone needs to worry about not having your respect.
Old 05-15-09, 07:42 AM
LexFather

Laugh in the face, with all due respect? Are you Rickey Bobby? You cannot call the Cressida a POS if you think the G35 interior is not a POS The logic is not there. If ever car review ragged on the G35 interior and that was a big weak point. Yet people bought it and thought it was fine. Mel can't drive an old Cressida though? Makes no sense.

Originally Posted by 19psi
i understand i8abmr's point; he lives in LA, the car mecca of the world. the car culture in LA is ridiculous. if you don't have a sick car, you're nothing. you are judged by what you drive. it's just how it is no matter how silly it really is in the end. he just has to look at it that way becuase of where he is.
i don't agree with it, but that's how it is for many people out there. like i said earlier, i'd rather have exactly what i have now, just with about $20-$50k more dumped into each one to make them my dream vehicles. my dream car isn't a ferrari, it's more like an old toyot FJ40 or FJ55 with a cummins 4bt turbo diesel swap, 1 ton axles, 37" tires, fully restored to better than new body work, fully modern electronics, etc. which i can also take off road and wheel the **** out of. or my truck, with a fully built engine, twin turbos making 85psi, putting out 1000hp and 2000 ft. lbs of torque. that stuff would make me happier than a ferrari.... imo, it's not about showing off your money, it's about using it.
Maybe if your name is "random jones" and you are not a celebrity. A lot of people in L.A buy things that other people would be imperssed with so they can become one of the "who's who's".

For goodness sakes, this is Mel Gibson. This is no B-list actor/director. This guy is a household name. He could ride a goat, a scooter, a gotdamn 3 wheel and EVERYONE knows he has money.

He has so much money and he is so famous, we know he will lose tens of millions in a divorce.

That is famous/wealthy

Originally Posted by JonSC4
If you really judge people on their cars as you say then I don't think anyone needs to worry about not having your respect.
Exactly This is a guy who made a movie about Jesus that everyone said would fail. Mel clearly isn't worried what people think. . Including his drunken rampages.

Old 05-15-09, 08:09 AM
huddleston
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 13 Posts

great find.....
Old 05-15-09, 10:33 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Maybe if your name is "random jones" and you are not a celebrity. A lot of people in L.A buy things that other people would be imperssed with so they can become one of the "who's who's".

For goodness sakes, this is Mel Gibson. This is no B-list actor/director. This guy is a household name. He could ride a goat, a scooter, a gotdamn 3 wheel and EVERYONE knows he has money.

He has so much money and he is so famous, we know he will lose tens of millions in a divorce.

That is famous/wealthy
that's what i'm getting at, why is it necessary to have flashy stuff when everyone already knows you have money? why is it necessary to make sure everyone else knows just because of the car you drive?
i dont knwo maybe you're saying the same thing in a different way...
Old 05-16-09, 08:06 PM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Maybe Mel is just trying to avoid the paparatszi
Old 05-17-09, 08:08 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Im a car enthusiast so if I had 450 millions, I would have me a stadium full of exotics and custom cars. But thats just me, EVerybody has different interests. For example, I really dont care for clothing, shoot, last time I went shopping for shoes was about 6 months ago! I do however have a sh1tload of EXPENSIVE electronics. Maybe Mel doesnt give a damn what anyone has to say about him. Thats how I am. I give props to Mel.
Old 05-18-09, 11:22 AM
P Weezy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I, personally, have alot of respect for Mel Gibson. If your an A list celebrity like Mel, that would drive around LA (the most materialistic place in the WORLD in my opinion...how would i know? 'cause i live there) in a Cressida(which isnt an ugly car in my eyes), you got some *****! lmao
Old 06-22-09, 10:30 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

The rich do not need flashy cars to secure their success. Any bets on how many here spend a good portion of their income on their car(s) only to go home to an apartment, busted up furniture, and 9" B&W tv with rabbit ears?
Clean Cressida.