Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

I dont often feel bad for Neon owners...but...

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-09, 04:00 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OCDetailer
fuel tank isnt in the rear on a neon, and the speed limit on that road is 35, he was doing at least 5 over by my judgement (remember my job, I am pretty good at judging speed/distance).
Good points, facts gathered by skilled witness are always better than armchair speculation.

Scary accident, glad it didn't end in tragedy.
Old 05-16-09, 09:36 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

I agree with the idea that the truck was doing about 40. I've seen Neon's that have been crunched, and they're surprisingly resilient.

As for the jackass that was driving while sending a text, he absolutely deserves to have his license revoked. With the amount of publicity about the danger of this, it should be a felony - especially with this kind of accident. I witnessed an accident where a girl was clearly not paying attention the dead red light that she was approaching (in, you guessed it...a Neon!) and actually nailed a nice E-class. She spun him completely around in the intersection, which is not exactly easy to do. I'd guesstimate she was doing it about 45, and talking on her fone. I know the intersection well, since it's right next to my home, and I turned around and gave a full statement to the police after making sure everyone was okay. I was contacted by both insurance companies and told them both the same thing - she was on the fone and not paying attention. How did I know? Because the only thing she complained about was that her left wrist hurt from the impact with the window/b-pillar - right where her head would have hit had the fone not been in the way. Plus, it was crunched. Idiot.

Big Mack
Old 05-17-09, 08:32 AM
SH212
Dances with goats

holy hell!!

glad she walked away from that
Old 05-17-09, 07:46 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive always wondered how people text while driving? I feel sorry for that lady. Fellas, dont text and drive
Old 05-17-09, 09:26 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Good points, facts gathered by skilled witness are always better than armchair speculation.
I don't think it's necessarily amchair speculation to raise a couple of legit questions. I've seen a lot of accidents myself over the years....I even almost got run over myself once, as a pedestrian, by a guy who lost control of a Nissan 300ZX and wrecked it.

But, after his reply to me, if Josh is that sure the guy was going 40 MPH, I'll take his word for it.

Scary accident, glad it didn't end in tragedy.
I agree.
Old 05-18-09, 01:32 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I don't think it's necessarily amchair speculation to raise a couple of legit questions. I've seen a lot of accidents myself over the years....I even almost got run over myself once, as a pedestrian, by a guy who lost control of a Nissan 300ZX and wrecked it.

But, after his reply to me, if Josh is that sure the guy was going 40 MPH, I'll take his word for it.

Exactly, Josh was a qualified witness.

It's amazing or at least amusing how you feel that almost getting run over as a pedestrian by a 300ZX improves your accident diagnostic skills.

We've all seen plenty of wrecks, sadly.
Old 05-18-09, 05:31 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

It's amazing or at least amusing how you feel that almost getting run over as a pedestrian by a 300ZX improves your accident diagnostic skills.
That's only one of many examples. I don't have time to list them all. And there's nothing amusing about witnessing an accident....it's serious buisness.

We've all seen plenty of wrecks, sadly.
Yes, more wrecks than should be happenng. And many of them happen for dumb reasons that could easily be prevented.
Old 05-18-09, 06:13 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

That's only one of many examples. I don't have time to list them all. And there's nothing amusing about witnessing an accident....it's serious buisness.

Sorry, you are missing my point. The examples are not needed and aren't relevant. The fact that you were walking down the street in the 80's and almost got killed by a 300Z-something......................

Yes accidents are serious business, agreed and so is death and taxes (which isn't relevant either).

Hey but that is quite the bashed-in Neon picture though.
Old 05-18-09, 07:02 PM
LexFather

Its funny I rarely see Neons on the road.

Old 05-18-09, 07:38 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He didn't say it was amusing that you were almost run over... he said it was amusing that you thought that almost being run over by a car added to your resume for judging the speed at which a car was rear ended by looking at a picture of the damage. It's like saying that one time you got in a fist fight so therefore you are a better homicide detective.

I appreciate your contributions to this board very much but I have noticed a lot of times that you will add facts or stories to 'back up' your opinion or case that really have nothing to do with the subject being discussed.
Old 05-19-09, 01:10 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Threxx
I appreciate your contributions to this board very much but I have noticed a lot of times that you will add facts or stories to 'back up' your opinion or case that really have nothing to do with the subject being discussed.
I wouldn't add them if I didn't think they were relevant. You are free, of course, to disagree.
Old 05-19-09, 01:41 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

that's sucks.

i'm gonna see if I can take a picture of the jetta that got rear ended just like that neon

- reserved for jetta pic -
Old 05-19-09, 03:52 PM
Amini9
Lexus Test Driver

LOL. +1

it's dumb it drive while texting, if something is that important to text, pull over, or wait for a stop light. if you are too slow for a stop light, pull over or call the person (with handsfree of course)
Old 05-19-09, 10:56 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

The old lady needs to get a lawyer and a doctor. The stupid chick that was texting will need a lawyer and a beat down
Old 05-20-09, 05:21 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
if i were rear ended by a texter, i'd love to beat the crap out of him.
and then sue him and his insurance for all they've got.
+1 on the 'sue the crap out of them' (my neck would be too sore to get out of the car and beat the crap out of him...if ya know what'um sayin )