Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Review: 2009 Mini Clubman

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-09, 11:50 AM
LexFather

MIke great review. I don't like the looks much but its seems to be a good idea. I also fit in the regular Mini fine. I've had the itch to get one as a fun car for sometimes. My father also had an original Mini

The average price of a Mini is 28k as Sean said, due to tons of individual options. A really novel idea and great execution.

Old 05-18-09, 03:17 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Nice review Marshall.
Thanks.

Gotta love the individual program that BMW has in place for the Mini. Mini is correct in that no two Minis are the same. I would love to have the John CooperWorks version in red with black stripes & British flag roof.
Red with black hood stripes is actually a fairly common trim option in my area.
The Union Jack roofs are are around, but not many of them.

What is odd is that you don't see more of them in the classic British Racing Green that is offered.
Old 05-18-09, 03:23 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
MIke great review.
Thanks.

I don't like the looks much but its seems to be a good idea. I also fit in the regular Mini fine. I've had the itch to get one as a fun car for sometimes. My father also had an original Mini
At some 6' 5", I don't see how you fit comfortably in the rear seat, even in the longer Clubman model. You might be OK up front with the seat down and back all the way and some rake dialed in.

In all fairness, however, there IS more room in back than with some other small cars with lower, more raked rooflines. The Mini has always prided itself on space efficiency.

The average price of a Mini is 28k as Sean said, due to tons of individual options. A really novel idea and great execution.
Yes. The base prices are not bad at all, especially for non-turbo versions, but the options are just endless. I was shocked to see a $45K John Works model in the showroom with special wheels.

Last edited by mmarshall; 05-18-09 at 03:26 PM.