Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Vista Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-09, 08:19 PM
ybhaimeah
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vista Lexus

On May 22nd 2009, I took my 2006 Lexus GS300 to Vista Lexus in Woodland Hills CA for service due to a recall notice I received regarding my vehicle. I was also experiencing some grinding noises whenever the car started.

When I got to the service representative by the name of Sherry, she advised me that there were two additional recalls on my car, which I never was informed about. I advised her of the issues I was experiencing with my car.

She advised me that I can pick up my car that night or the next day. When I went to pick up my car on the 23rd, I noticed that my silver wheels looked like they were spray painted black. The black looking substance only covered the front two wheels and only around the center of the wheel.

I immediately informed the dealer the issue. They told there was nothing they can do about it because of the holiday, and that I should come back on the 26th when the service department was open. So I went to the service department to resolve this matter I spoke to a Steve Schwartz, who was extremely rude and condescending. He brushed off my concerns and said “it didn’t happen here, you must have driven it through acid or tar or something like that”.

I informed Steve of the condition which I brought the car in for service and that his paper work and record does not show that I had any marks or damage on my wheels. Steve sarcastically told me just because it wasn’t marked on the inspection doesn’t mean it wasn’t there. The black substance is so obvious that I noticed it right away and so would anyone else looking the car with decent eye sight.

I called Lexus customer advocacy department and there were useless. I was told “it’s between you and the dealership” and “we don’t decide what happens”. Not to mention they didn’t follow up or return my calls promptly. My experience did not matter to Lexus and once again I was brushed off to deal with this on my own.

Needless to say, I was humiliated at Vista Lexus in Woodland Hills CA and I would never return to this dealership or do business with Lexus. I will tell everyone about my experience with Lexus and urge them not to do business with Lexus.
Old 05-28-09, 12:14 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,630 Posts

(moved to car chat)
Old 05-28-09, 06:37 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Lexus corporate should reply to your post if they are truly concerned about the Lexus customer.. Lets see..
Old 05-28-09, 02:21 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow. sorry to hear about your bad lexus dealer experience.

I hope Lexus Corp. does something about this.

I hate how a lot of Lexus dealerships in my area talk to you like your an idiot. very condescending.

Unless your rich. Like super rich.

however, i thought the title had something to do with windows vista and lexus lol
Old 05-28-09, 05:16 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So what's happened since yesterday?