Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Man pulls over Speeding Cop

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-09, 03:43 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

i find it funny the cop does not for one second realize to see why someone behind him is following him
Old 05-28-09, 03:44 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by lexmenow
Exactly what I was thinking. If I was that cop I would of slammed on my brakes and got behind him. Guy has no excuse for following the cop like that no matter how wrong the cop is.
What would that have acomplished if, after playing musical chairs, the guy behind him had just done the same....and gotten right back on the cop's tail again? Two can play that game. If the cop had then hit him in the rear, HE would have been at fault.
Old 05-28-09, 03:50 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If this and if that, wow, somebody should write a soap opera on this.
Old 05-28-09, 03:58 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by IS-SV
If this and if that, wow, somebody should write a soap opera on this.
Well, we're here to discuss the chase, aren't we? Among that discussion is the possibilities of what could have happened if it had been a different cop or a different pursuer. That could (but not likely) help one of us if we ever are in a situation like that.

And, given the number of Internet hits on the video, it's already a soap opera.
Old 05-28-09, 04:06 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Well, we're here to discuss the chase, aren't we? Among that discussion is the possibilities of what could have happened if it had been a different cop or a different pursuer. That could (but not likely) help one of us if we ever are in a situation like that.

And, given the number of Internet hits on the video, it's already a soap opera.
Yes and meteor might strike during the pursuit....................................
Old 05-28-09, 04:11 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Yes and meteor might strike during the pursuit....................................
It's not that rare. I've seen speeding cops before........without lights or siren on. I just haven't had the guts to do what that kid did.
Old 05-28-09, 04:15 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
It's not that rare. I've seen speeding cops before........without lights or siren on.
Yes all too common.
Old 05-28-09, 04:35 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with mmarshall and cops should not do this kind of thing but, I lost a cousin to gunshot while she was in the line of duty. Cushy goverment job... shove that you no where!

Funny thing to see that happen though, but the guy was shaking like a girl at the end, all the while saying the cop was scared.
Old 05-28-09, 04:48 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
I agree with mmarshall and cops should not do this kind of thing but, I lost a cousin to gunshot while she was in the line of duty. Cushy goverment job... shove that you no where!
I agree, it's a dangerous job and the stats prove it. I also have one cop (sheriff) in the family, which comes in handy on occasion.

OT, but I wonder where most cops stand on gun control, because they are at risk daily with armed criminals (possessing both legal and illegal guns) around them?
Old 05-28-09, 04:54 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave600hL

Funny thing to see that happen though, but the guy was shaking like a girl at the end, all the while saying the cop was scared.
Dave, I'm sorry about your couzin, but I still say being a police officer is an easy government job. There are very few requirements needed to get the job, and once you're hired there are tons of benefits, job security, and you get to get away with abuse of power.

As far as dangers, well they are present in any job. Construction workers who deal with power toos - saws, routers, hummers and high rise lift/scafford equipment. Factory workers dealing with heavy machinery. Airline pilots, stewardesses obviously have risky jobs. Cab drivers and truck drivers also have a lot of danger in their work.

Heck, heres a list of 10 most dangerous jobs from MSN. Police is not even on the list.

The 10 most dangerous jobs
Occupation Fatalities per 100,000
Timber cutters 117.8
Fishers 71.1
Pilots and navigators 69.8
Structural metal workers 58.2
Drivers-sales workers 37.9
Roofers 37
Electrical power installers 32.5
Farm occupations 28
Construction laborers 27.7
Truck drivers 25

On-the-job killers
Type of incident 2002 deaths
Aircraft accidents 192
Caught in running equipment 110
Drowning 60
Electrocution 289
Exposure to substances 98
Falls from ladder 126
Falls from roof 143
Fires/explosions 165
Highway collisions 635
Assaults/violence 840
Jackknifed or overturned truck 312
Overturned farm/industrial equipment 164
Struck by falling/flying object 506
Struck by vehicle 356
Suicides 199
Old 05-28-09, 06:12 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

I'm sorry, but if i was a cop and heard that little pee wee herman honda horn behind me, i wouldn't have stopped haha.
Old 05-28-09, 06:19 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
Dave, I'm sorry about your couzin, but I still say being a police officer is an easy government job. There are very few requirements needed to get the job, and once you're hired there are tons of benefits, job security, and you get to get away with abuse of power
Dude I WISH that I could agree with you but you are wrong on SOOO many levels. Speaking as a trucker, who was laid off in February, and who is now trying to make the transition into the police academy (Maryland State Troopers) I know for a fact that it is not an easy job, and does requires alot in order to just be considered for the academy. I currently am competing for a slot for the fall session for the police academy, and am going thru the qualifying stages now. To be considered, you have to meet certain physical requirements, there is a TON of paperwork to do involving background checks, fingerprints, Polygraph test, the actual job application itself, as well as a written test to check for basic comprehension, math skills, reading, as well as writing. Provided you get thru all of this, then you MIGHT have a shot of getting into the police academy where the REAL FUN begins (2 mile runs everyday, hand to hand combat training, weapons training, tactical planning, survival skils, etc., on TOP of having to attend classes to learn laws, codes, etc.). Most, not all, police academies are para-military training facilities. I can speak of this first hand, b/c I am currently trying to go thru it.

No requirements/skill in order to get the job? My friend you could not have been more wrong. People say the same thing about driving an truck (18 wheeler). In my 8 years of doing that job, I have trained approx. 36 people, right out of driving school, who pretty much had the same idea and dramatically changed their minds by making them actualy do the work. Is a shame that people don't recognize just how skilled some of the most meanial looking jobs are, until they are placed in a position to do it themselves. In no way am I defending the ACTIONS of those who are already in position, b/c we both know that not everyone who is in these positions, acts like they need to be there.

Last edited by trukn1; 05-28-09 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-29-09, 12:22 AM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've seen cops run red lights late nights/early morning to pull into Jack-In-The-Box near my home. I really dont care though... I find Sheriffs much more pleasant than regulars cops but thats just my opinion from my own experiences.

Anyway, at the end of the video it was either FREEZING or dude's adrenaline wore off and he got scared *****less when he realized what he really just did! haha
Old 05-29-09, 07:31 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
Dave, I'm sorry about your couzin, but I still say being a police officer is an easy government job.
If you think being a cop is a easy job, just look at their suicide rate and you will realized how stressful of a job it is.

http://www.tearsofacop.com/police/articles/lewis.html
Old 05-29-09, 10:32 AM
LS400life
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was exactly the right thing to do. That guy was in the right the cop was in the wrong. I have followed a Seattle Cop from Seattle to North Bend were I live. The cop was doing 75-100mph the whole way. It is a 60mph zone more than halfway and then it changes to 70mph. It took so long for me to catch the cop. I wrote his license plate number and car number down and made a formal complaint. I never heard what happened to the cop. Probably nothing. But people should start catching dumb cops. This is a great idea, I need to start carrying my video camera in the car.

Quick Reply: Man pulls over Speeding Cop