Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Mercedes and Lexus.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-09, 12:27 PM
patmall
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mercedes and Lexus.

Hi: Yesterday I went to Benzworld.org (Forums) my wife has a S55 AMG 2001. I have a LS430 2001. I was surprise how many Threads they have because the Mercedes are broken, more than 50%. My wife expend a fortune every month fixing something and now I notice she's afraid to use the electronics because you never know when they brake. I check her receipts for the last two years and they sum $7,400.00 IN REPAIRS, in my Lexus I expended $200 in the last two years (bulbs and trunk opening) I was in Germany for a while in 1972 and the germans were proud of Mercedes and they let you know that Mercedes was the best car in the world then. I was agree with them but now is only memories. The only car reliable they have is the Diesel Taxis around the world without any electronics. I always compare the top of the line Mercedes with a beautiful girlfriend. You have to expend a lot of money to maintain her happy and show her to your friends. When you are alone with her she's not good in bed and always complaining. Now the Lexus is like a girlfriend not beautiful but good looking and the more you know her the more you love her and when you are alone with her she's happy and ready to make you happy.-

Last edited by patmall; 05-28-09 at 12:31 PM.
Old 05-28-09, 12:33 PM
vbspunger
Pole Position

haha well put i guess... i do love my LS
Old 05-28-09, 12:51 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think my lexus is pretty good looking, but she definitely needs a new pair of shoes!!
Old 05-28-09, 01:39 PM
patmall
Driver School Candidate

Default Shoes

Hi:That is the problem with girls they like shoes.Last week I changed the tires (LS430 2001/225-55XR17-101W) I bought Falken Tires ZIEX ZE-912 (Top rated at Consumer Report) from a place name it: Discount Tires-2Go.com Phone# 1-800-213-1602 They charge $80 each plus delivery after that I changed the tires at Discount Tires Direct $110. If you want everything from Discount Tires Direct call them (1-800-589-6789) and they equal the price of Discount Tires-2Go.com
Old 05-28-09, 01:50 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

LOL!

Great great metaphor, and I too luv my LS.

Sojah coming off the fence about getting some new shoes huh?
Old 05-28-09, 03:01 PM
BlackUltra
Pole Position

I'll take superior comfort, dependable electronics, renown reliability, a fine ride and my Lexus over any MB. Thank You.
Old 05-28-09, 03:12 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The shoes is all i can think about lately. its really getting to me, no seriously. i still have really expensive taste and right now my budget is like 2k which would have to include tires & shipping, sorta difficult to come by a nice set of 'shoes' with such high demands and such a low low budget... my baby needs a new pair of shoes... and i'm to cheap to get her a decent pair
Old 05-28-09, 03:17 PM
CG lover
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have had E & S class and they certainly loved the mechanic,, very expensive to keep them running besides the high depreciation,,

Derry
Old 05-28-09, 03:40 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackUltra
I'll take superior comfort, dependable electronics, renown reliability, a fine ride and my Lexus over any MB. Thank You.
Totally agree on those factors

Yep, an MB is like a hot girl. After she sucks you dry and nag nag nag, you want to kick her to the curb. You want to upgrade to another young model when her age is showing

That's why I love my Lexus and plan on keeping it for a very long time.....she's aging very nicely and haven't given me any grief
Old 05-28-09, 06:37 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd lease a brand new MB. I love their fresh designs and superb eye to detail.

Would I purchase one for the long haul? I don't think so. But it would be nice to have one to play around with for a while...
Old 05-28-09, 06:47 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

yup, that's why i chose a lexus...i wanna hear her say "me love you long time"
Old 05-28-09, 07:22 PM
BoyGeorge
Banned

There is no mystery behind the fact that German cars are notorious for having mechanical issues, especially in the electrical department. The reason? Well some think that companies like MB and Audi try too hard and design cars that are too complicated and advanced for their own good and just can't get made properly. In their defense however, reliabilty has gotten better and with extended warranty's and free scheduled maintenance, most car owners will either sell or trade in their cars before this even becomes an issue!

My lexus is a little over 15k miles and my cd player doesn't work and I've got a serious case of the enigmatic lexus rattles
Old 05-28-09, 07:40 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,412 Likes on 1,581 Posts

8 yr old benz's have problems. news at 11.
Old 05-28-09, 09:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I'd lease a brand new MB. I love their fresh designs and superb eye to detail.

Would I purchase one for the long haul? I don't think so. But it would be nice to have one to play around with for a while...
that's the answer. recent years mb have been getting quite a bit better on quality.

and no matter what, do NOT get any 01-04 mb imho. especially the s class and m class, i think they have tons of problems
Old 05-28-09, 09:59 PM
bad co
Lexus Champion

97-04 were the dark years for MB, but from 05 and up the quality has improoved drasticly. Dont belive me? Go sit in a W163 ML and than hop into a W164 same goes for the S W220 and W221 is night day diffrence. Mercedes messed up theyre is no denying but give them a chance, they are working redicously hard to bring respect and quality back to the 3 pointed star.

Quick Reply: Mercedes and Lexus.