Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

BMW to finally introduce an M7 ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-09, 09:22 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SLegacy99
Pshhh you are right. 400 HP is pathetic.
I made a mistake, I was refering to the now past generation 750... The one with NA V8, I think it makes only 360hp, and it is indeed sluggish on the highway.
Old 05-29-09, 09:38 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
When is Lexus going to wake up?
I so second, third and foruth that statement!
Old 05-29-09, 09:39 AM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
What are you talking about? There is the LS600H
Although the 600h is a wonderful car, I wouldn't consider it to compare to an AMG or an M car. It is comperable to the 760 or 600 series cars. Powerful, but luxurious. In fact, it is better because it is a hybrid.

Lexus could do well with a GS-F, but I am not sure an LS-F works.

As for BMW, it is about time they make an M7. I have driven a 760 and I loved the power, but imagine an M7 with M engineering to supercede the B7.
Old 05-29-09, 09:41 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
When is Lexus going to wake up?
Originally Posted by RX469
I so second, third and foruth that statement!
Lexus is awake.

They realize that in the near future, a V12 super-powerful luxo-limo will be a dream of the past.

They realize with full alert and attentive consciousness that an efficient luxo-limo with state-of-the-art luxury amenities will always trump a speeding land-boat any day.
Old 05-29-09, 09:50 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Lexus is awake.

They realize that in the near future, a V12 super-powerful luxo-limo will be a dream of the past.

They realize with full alert and attentive consciousness that an efficient luxo-limo with state-of-the-art luxury amenities will always trump a speeding land-boat any day.
Thank you. I question are the others awake? I wonder will the the 2000-2010 years be like the 1960s and the 2010-2020 years be like the 1970s ....

I would like to see a LS-F but the LS 600h L is a technological masterpiece no one else has an answer for.

Old 05-29-09, 09:54 AM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Och
I made a mistake, I was refering to the now past generation 750... The one with NA V8, I think it makes only 360hp, and it is indeed sluggish on the highway.
Ah. That makes more sense then.
Old 05-29-09, 10:35 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Thank you. I question are the others awake? I wonder will the the 2000-2010 years be like the 1960s and the 2010-2020 years be like the 1970s ....

I would like to see a LS-F but the LS 600h L is a technological masterpiece no one else has an answer for.
anyone who wants a LS-F can just buy the Tom's LS46 GT kit lol

then they can sit in the driver's seat and make all the necessary engine noises with their mouth
Old 05-29-09, 11:32 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Lexus is awake.

Right. The same was said in the late 90's & the v12 cars are still here. Give the buyers the choice of V12, V10 supercharged, turbocharged high performance ultra luxury sedans.. Why should the consumer be forced to buy battery packed ultra luxury cars only ?

I am running late and my driver has to get to me to that board meeting before I miss Thorpe's presentation. No time to charge batteries here.. That "speeding land-boat" will get me there in no time.
Old 05-29-09, 11:54 AM
LexFather

Right. The same was said in the late 90's & the v12 cars are still here. Give the buyers the choice of V12, V10 supercharged, turbocharged high performance ultra luxury sedans.. Why should the consumer be forced to buy battery packed ultra luxury cars only ?

I am running late and my driver has to get to me to that board meeting before I miss Thorpe's presentation. No time to charge batteries here.. That "speeding land-boat" will get me there in no time.
Flipside, give buyers choice of hybrids. Why should consumers not have the choice of getting a hybrid but only turbo/ supercharged vehicles.

See what I did there. Stop picking and choosing "choice" when it only fits your German fanboi points.

What do you think the Transporter is real life? "Yeah, I'm late for a board meeting, lets take teh S65 to get me there faster".

Its sad people can't celebrate the technologies of both and the different approaches of both.

Lets review for German fanbois (and its getting tiring);
Lexus comes with LS-F "oh, they just copy zee Germanz again, thats all they do is copy, its not as sporty either, why do they bother"
Lexus comes with LS 600h L "oh, they are stupid, they didn't copy the Germanz and did something different, 438hp from a hybrid is stupid".

Lexus is damned if they do or damned if they don't.

Old 05-29-09, 11:56 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Lexus is awake.

Well, maybe one day V12's and turbos, and ICE all together are going to become a dream from the past, but right now theres a decent market for them, and its beyond me why Lexus still doesn't compete in it.

Also theres such thing as prestige and brand loyalty. Lexus needs to work on both. Because when V12's do become extinct, the really rich people are going to drive electric MBs and BMWs.
Old 05-29-09, 11:59 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Flipside, give buyers choice of hybrids. Why should consumers not have the choice of getting a hybrid but only turbo/ supercharged vehicles.

See what I did there. Stop picking and choosing "choice" when it only fits your German fanboi points.

What do you think the Transporter is real life? "Yeah, I'm late for a board meeting, lets take teh S65 to get me there faster".

Its sad people can't celebrate the technologies of both and the different approaches of both.

Lexus comes with LS-F "oh, they just copy zee Germanz again, thats all they do is copy, its not as sporty either, why do they bother"
Lexus comes with LS 600h L "oh, they are stupid, they didn't copy the Germanz and did something different, 438hp from a hybrid is stupid".

LOL at the "zee"... Seriously dude, most of your posts crack me up!

Lets unpimp zee M7!
Old 05-29-09, 12:03 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Yes, it is called "choices" . That is what ultra luxury marques are supposed to offer the buyer as I mentioned.

This childish internet banter above is not worthy of a full response on my part..
Old 05-29-09, 12:12 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Then again, since we are on the battery pack hybrid tip & choices...

BMW to debut production hybrid 7 in Frankfurt?
by Noah Joseph on Apr 30th 2009 at 10:29AM

BMW 7-Series ActiveHybrid – Click above for a high-res image gallery

With BMW investing heavily in its Efficient Dynamics program, the next stage could be unveiled at its home-turf Frankfurt show this coming September. Reports out of France suggest that this is where the Bavarian automaker will unveil its 750Hi, a hybrid version of its latest 7-Series flagship sedan.

Previewed by the 7-Series ActiveHybrid concept in Paris last fall, Munich's assault on the recently revealed S400 Hybrid from arch-rival Mercedes-Benz and the Lexus LS600h is expected to pair an electric motor with its highly-rated 4.4-liter twin-turbo V8, providing over 400 horsepower in the unassisted, gas-burning version. While there is no word on how big the electric motor will be, but if Mercedes' solution is anything to go by, look for something in the neighborhood of 20 horsepower, while the new eight-speed automatic that debuted on the new 760i in Shanghai could see duty in the production hybrid due to potential packaging benefits. If the reports emerge as genuine, we should have more for you over the course of the summer as more details emerge. http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/30/b...-in-frankfurt/
Now, let the battery races begin...
Old 05-29-09, 12:16 PM
ktiger
Pole Position

BMW also have the hydrogen technology as an option.
Old 05-29-09, 12:17 PM
LexFather

Yes, it is called "choices" . That is what ultra luxury marques are supposed to offer the buyer as I mentioned.

This childish internet banter above is not worthy of a full response on my part..
No, its called you don't have an answer and here is more ownage for you. You are here dissing the LS for not offering "choices" when there ISN'T a M7 EITHER. Where are you dissing BMW for not having a M7?
Lets review;
Neither BMW OR Lexus has a competitior to the S63/65 and old S8. Yet you find tons of fault with Lexus for not offering "choice" when BMW doesn't offer it EITHER.

This thread is about the M7 (a car I hope they build I think it would be fantastic, even if we don't "need" it).

To go further, the LS has taken years to evolve. This is the first LS to have LWB, SWB, AWD, and 2 engine choices. The LS is evolving it should be CELERBATED. Acura and Infiniti can't begin to figure out how to sell a flagship. The LS's continued success is nothing short of magnificent when we consider how strong the 7/S have been in America (and clearly abroad) Did you expect a S65 competitor from Lexus BEFORE BMW did it? I sure don't.

Don't pick and choose "choice" when its appropriate for your fanboi tirades (and this goes for EVERYONE) Choice is CHOICE from V-6 to turbos to special editions to hybrids. You can't exclude some brands and some engine choices from CHOICE!

Quick Reply: BMW to finally introduce an M7 ?