Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Test drove the Porsche Cayman S with PDK

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-09, 07:48 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by madoka
....After I bought the Porsche, he contacted me again asking if I was still interested. I told him I decided on a Cayman, so he asked me what I got and told me he had two Porsches as well. When I asked him which ones, he responded:

"I have a 2 year old Caymin RS and 6 years old Kayanne Turbo S."

If you're going to BS, at least learn how to spell the names correctly and pick cars that actually exist.
LOL... EXACTLY the reason why the car industry continues (and will continue) to have the appropriate stigma attached to it....
Old 12-09-09, 08:22 AM
madoka
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Yeah. I hope I don't see you out on the street corner holding a tin cup.

Just kidding......congragulations.
Dudes, seriously, the OP did NOT buy two Porsches. Nor did he buy a Audi S5 for his wife or a BMW M3 for his sister like he claims. He is making it up for whatever reason. Just look through his posting history and it becomes obvious.
Old 12-09-09, 10:19 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Yeah. I hope I don't see you out on the street corner holding a tin cup.

Just kidding......congragulations.
my congrats to kyang was back in may. no word since. wonder what happened.
Old 12-09-09, 10:28 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Man the porsche PCCB brake disks cost a good 15k when it comes to replacements, I think thats what the OP meant, cuz PCM is the nav interface.
Old 12-09-09, 10:50 AM
madoka
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
my congrats to kyang was back in may. no word since. wonder what happened.
Well, here's some more questions to wonder about:

- OP posts plenty of pics of his GS and even his friends' non-Lexus cars, yet none of the other cars he claims to have bought

- OP claims to have bought a M3, S5, Boxster S, and a Cayman S all within the past year. Now go look at the pic of his house in Indiana in his profile. You know, the one with only one garage space available. Do you really think he spent more on cars in ONE YEAR than his entire house is worth?

- OP claims to have given away his new M3 to his sister, but all his subsequent comments regarding the M3 are that of a non-owner

- OP claims to have special ordered his Cayman S to get the braking system. Again, anyone who has to special order a car to get a $8000+ option would remember the proper codes and that it's PCCB and not PCM.

- OP claims he is trying to put a deposit down on a LF-A. How many dudes that can afford a LF-A and a M3 and a S5 and a Boxster S and a Cayman S all in the same year do you know? Not many I would imagine. Now do you think any of those guys who could afford that many cars spend their time trying to sell spare headlights and shift ***** on club lexus like the OP?

You guys could keep giving this guy the benefit of the doubt, but IMHO I think the evidence is overwhelming.
Old 12-09-09, 10:57 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fact / fiction / folly - mmmm, OP has been quiet for a long time....
Old 12-09-09, 01:59 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

- OP posts plenty of pics of his GS and even his friends' non-Lexus cars, yet none of the other cars he claims to have bought

- OP claims to have bought a M3, S5, Boxster S, and a Cayman S all within the past year. Now go look at the pic of his house in Indiana in his profile. You know, the one with only one garage space available. Do you really think he spent more on cars in ONE YEAR than his entire house is worth?

- OP claims to have given away his new M3 to his sister, but all his subsequent comments regarding the M3 are that of a non-owner

- OP claims to have special ordered his Cayman S to get the braking system. Again, anyone who has to special order a car to get a $8000+ option would remember the proper codes and that it's PCCB and not PCM.

- OP claims he is trying to put a deposit down on a LF-A. How many dudes that can afford a LF-A and a M3 and a S5 and a Boxster S and a Cayman S all in the same year do you know? Not many I would imagine. Now do you think any of those guys who could afford that many cars spend their time trying to sell spare headlights and shift ***** on club lexus like the OP?

You guys could keep giving this guy the benefit of the doubt, but IMHO I think the evidence is overwhelming.
O Dear, you sure got plenty of time on your hands.

His user name has 91 on it, and I am assuming that's when he was born. lol. May be he is a 18 years old billionaire.
Old 12-10-09, 10:02 PM
ALeX300
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default pictures!!!

And here i was thinking I'm by myself thinking that his stories are a bit BS. Going back to him and his bro buying his dad a 911 turbo then s65(in addition to already 8 cars in his dads garage). Gift for sis' - m3. the GT-R, lets not forget that Lambo!

Could be that he did all that but i call BS. Pics for proof!

i mean his gs350(if its really HIS) is nicely modded but his stories of him 'buying' and 'ordering' and 'driving' all those amazin cars aren't...

Last edited by ALeX300; 12-10-09 at 10:03 PM. Reason: fat-finger syndrome
Old 12-11-09, 02:52 AM
madoka
Pole Position

These are the cars kyang91 has made claims about owning or ordering in the PAST ONE YEAR:

- BMW M3
- Audi S5
- Boxster S
- Cayman S
- LF-A
- 911 Turbo
- MB S65
- MB S63
- GT-R
- An unnamed Lamborghini which was "on the way"

Here is a pic of where he lives:

As filthy rich as he must surely be, our man does keep it real. Notice that all those high-priced sports cars and exotics are kicked to the curb so that the MPV can be safely tucked away in the garage:

I can only imagine how packed his street must be with all those cars he is unable fit in his garage.
Old 12-11-09, 07:42 AM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

Old 12-11-09, 07:45 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's hope his fortunes improve, lol.
Old 12-11-09, 09:29 AM
STP
Rookie

madoka, are you for hire? Serious question. I've got a co-worker with similar characteristics to OP, and online stalking tendencies.

Thats some detective work you got there
Old 12-11-09, 09:50 AM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Didn't that start with the 2009 models?
Yes & it eliminated the I.M.S.
Old 12-11-09, 02:36 PM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by STIG
His user name has 91 on it, and I am assuming that's when he was born. lol. May be he is a 18 years old billionaire.
That is exactly what I am thinking.

I'm born in the same year and my parents are pretty well off, but at least I have enough pride to say that I only drive/own one car, a 14-year old Lexus. God knows what would one would do with eight cars.

Also, I have NEVER seen an Asian drive a Lamborghini or Ferrari (in another thread OP says that he is Asian). No racism involved as I'm Asian myself. I don't think we can handle the power, and plus we would rather spend our money on our ultimate budget builds, which includes parts overnighted from Japan.
Old 12-11-09, 02:53 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

If the OP was not (or is not) a legitimate poster/CL member, then Dave and the mods will have to deal with that. That's not something that we're going to solve here. I'm not going to worry about it.

Quick Reply: Test drove the Porsche Cayman S with PDK