Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Test drove the Porsche Cayman S with PDK

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-09, 06:23 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Test drove the Porsche Cayman S with PDK

THis afternoon I went and test drove a brand new 2009 Porsche Cayman S with PDK transmission. I have to say that I was very happy with the result and I loved I like the sound of the new direct injection engine and when you push the "Sports Plus" Bottom that car just comes alive with the revs. And it also handles very well in the corners I was able to pushed it real hard. And I actually try the new Laungh Control with the PDK and let me tell you, it is pretty damn fast. After test drving and brand new 2009 Cayman S I was so satisfied I went ahead and order one for 2010 because I want to get it with the Porsche PCM braking system and when the dealer did a search for me there is none in the whole US with PCM and PDK together. And I also ordered a Brand New 2010 Boxter S for my wife as well. I got it for her as a surprise since both car is gonna arrive in around Oct. it will be close to our anniversary time so I just want to get it for her as a surprise gift. Anyway, I would just like to share some of the common that I have after I test drove the new Cayman S. And an afternoon of test drove not just satisfied me also burn a pretty big hole in my pocket....haha.
Old 05-30-09, 07:55 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I am driving down to help you bring both cars home
Old 05-30-09, 08:06 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by kyang91
THis afternoon I went and test drove a brand new 2009 Porsche Cayman S with PDK transmission. I have to say that I was very happy with the result and I loved I like the sound of the new direct injection engine and when you push the "Sports Plus" Bottom that car just comes alive with the revs. And it also handles very well in the corners I was able to pushed it real hard. And I actually try the new Laungh Control with the PDK and let me tell you, it is pretty damn fast. After test drving and brand new 2009 Cayman S I was so satisfied I went ahead and order one for 2010 because I want to get it with the Porsche PCM braking system and when the dealer did a search for me there is none in the whole US with PCM and PDK together. And I also ordered a Brand New 2010 Boxter S for my wife as well. I got it for her as a surprise since both car is gonna arrive in around Oct. it will be close to our anniversary time so I just want to get it for her as a surprise gift. Anyway, I would just like to share some of the common that I have after I test drove the new Cayman S. And an afternoon of test drove not just satisfied me also burn a pretty big hole in my pocket....haha.
Damn that is awesome, 2 class leading cars. SOme owners are reporting 30 MPG highway b/c of the new DI and driving casually!!! We all know how they handle, like nothing else.

Congrats and please post pics.

Old 05-30-09, 08:10 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

wow kyang91 - ordering 2 new porches... economy must suck for you.

CONGRATS!!!
Old 05-30-09, 08:47 PM
Lexwang07

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're pretty rich having an order two Porsches. Congrats! Good health. I envy you. Four months go your Porsche Cayman S is arriving.
Old 05-30-09, 09:30 PM
asianrock
Driver School Candidate

Nice! I plan to soon place an order on a Porsche 911 Carrera 4s. The new PDK transmission and direct injection are nice changes Porsche made and I am glad I waited it out. I might get rid of my BMW Z4 M after this.
Old 05-30-09, 11:17 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by asianrock
Nice! I plan to soon place an order on a Porsche 911 Carrera 4s. The new PDK transmission and direct injection are nice changes Porsche made and I am glad I waited it out. I might get rid of my BMW Z4 M after this.
I was actually considering the Carrera 4S because it has all wheel drive. But the handles on the Cayman S is just crazy you can move those thing around the corner like nothing because it is lighter then the Carrera. Plus I think we might end up keeping the Audi S5 that I just got for my wife earlier this year and my GS350 AWD which I love for Snow purpose in the horrible winter time in Indiana. And I gave away my New M3 to my little sister because she is gonna be going to school next year and she needed a car. Plus be honest I was not really that satisfied with the M3 because it has been giving me some minor problem and I really wanted a true Coupe that is why I went with the Cayman S because I feel like the outside look is just sick and IMO better then a M3.
Old 05-31-09, 04:35 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, nice! Congrats.
Old 05-31-09, 05:10 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

I was actually considering the Carrera 4S because it has all wheel drive. But the handles on the Cayman S is just crazy you can move those thing around the corner like nothing because it is lighter then the Carrera. Plus I think we might end up keeping the Audi S5 that I just got for my wife earlier this year and my GS350 AWD which I love for Snow purpose in the horrible winter time in Indiana. And I gave away my New M3 to my little sister because she is gonna be going to school next year and she needed a car. Plus be honest I was not really that satisfied with the M3 because it has been giving me some minor problem and I really wanted a true Coupe that is why I went with the Cayman S because I feel like the outside look is just sick and IMO better then a M3.
You have literally named my line-up... for driving, the Cayman S is the ULTIMATE unless you want to pony up to a GT3, and IMO no where near worth the added cost.

With my well-documented search on my ultimate car ( I was juggling one for me and one for the Missus- again, same as you), MY car choices were:
Cayenne GTS or Turbo
C4S
Cayman S

Drove all 3 extensively, with a family the Cayenne still make sense and it's a BEAST!! The Cayman is the BEST, hands down sports car I've ever driven that is just as civil as a daily driver. PDK is amazing. SMooth alll the way through revs. Seats... the sports seats are as comfortable as any I've been in. S5 was passed by Z06, then M3, then IS-F... until I drove a new Cayman S... HEAVEN!! Equal for me with the Cayenne... for the Missus, she's not a big Boxster fan, so hopefully the Cayman will do!! Maybe a 911 Targa, up to her but would like to see 2 Porsches in my driveway

Last question: are you doing ED? I hear the drive is breath taking!!!

Last edited by rdgdawg; 05-31-09 at 05:15 AM.
Old 05-31-09, 05:35 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Although I envy you right now, I must say congrats on the new cars. Once the kids are a little older I am deffintely going to try to convince the wife to get something like a porsche or an aston martin , but I have a feeling she has her heart set on a bentley continental GT.
Old 05-31-09, 06:28 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Plus be honest I was not really that satisfied with the M3 because it has been giving me some minor problem and I really wanted a true Coupe that is why I went with the Cayman S because I feel like the outside look is just sick and IMO better then a M3.
+1

the looks, performance, handling of the Cayman S kills the M3 in every possible way.

Very nice choice.

What colors did you select?
Old 05-31-09, 01:33 PM
bad co
Lexus Champion

send it to faranbacher loles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpOFHc3U-Wo
Old 05-31-09, 01:56 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i would like to test a pdk.

must be fun with the instant shifts.
Old 05-31-09, 02:03 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bad co
send it to faranbacher loles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpOFHc3U-Wo
the engine sounds badass

fixed up, it looks killer
Old 05-31-09, 02:13 PM
newr
Lexus Champion

Congrats!

If I were you, I would get the 911 for her as an anniversary gift....

I keep the keys ofcourse..

Quick Reply: Test drove the Porsche Cayman S with PDK