Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Old Man yelled at me...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-09, 07:08 PM
Amini9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old Man yelled at me...

I live in a town where its small and curvy streets. I know which streets usually have cars\traffic on them.

I was going like 35-40 down one of these streets where i know 0-2 cars go on it at a given time.

So, I was going down, and there are trees \ tall brick wall on the right and I didn't see an old man who was just standing between 2 of the trees infront of the tall brick wall (theres a curb between the tree and the street, so it's not like i could straight hit him). As I'm driving by, he yells "SLOW DOWN" ... uper loud, above my music which was decently high.

I have a personalized license plate, and it could be pretty easy to remember... can this old man do anything to me like... police wise or anything?
Old 06-01-09, 07:11 PM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

No you're fine.
Old 06-01-09, 07:15 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

speed limit in a residential area is 25mph isn't it?
Old 06-01-09, 07:22 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Amini9
I live in a town where its small and curvy streets. I know which streets usually have cars\traffic on them.

I was going like 35-40 down one of these streets where i know 0-2 cars go on it at a given time.

So, I was going down, and there are trees \ tall brick wall on the right and I didn't see an old man who was just standing between 2 of the trees infront of the tall brick wall (theres a curb between the tree and the street, so it's not like i could straight hit him). As I'm driving by, he yells "SLOW DOWN" ... uper loud, above my music which was decently high.

I have a personalized license plate, and it could be pretty easy to remember... can this old man do anything to me like... police wise or anything?
Maybe you should think about slowing down!
Old 06-01-09, 07:24 PM
Amini9
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by whoster
speed limit in a residential area is 25mph isn't it?
yes yes yes. but it's an unpopulated street, its one of those in-between streets, no house entrances from the streets, and its behind a park. If only you saw where I was talking about...Cement wall on the left (park) with trees coming from the top of it, and brick wall on the right with trees in front of it. it looks like a tunnel.

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Maybe you should think about slowing down!
heh. I should think about slowing down then..
Old 06-01-09, 07:28 PM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Sounds like the type of street that people would go running/jogging on.
Old 06-01-09, 07:29 PM
Amini9
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SLegacy99
Sounds like the type of street that people would go running/jogging on.
Old people-ville. You can see till the end of the street too, i wouldn't even think about driving above 30 if I see people jogging on it (never have though)
Old 06-01-09, 07:31 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 381 Likes on 224 Posts

It's ok. A lot of old people have their heads shoved up their A$$ and think they come first before everyone else. Some old man called me a lazy kid under his breath because I didn't hold the door for him, even though I was far away and didn't have time to wait and hold the door.

Yeah I bet that old man doesn't know how to use a phone. Might as well use a telegraph....
Old 06-01-09, 07:58 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry, but the last thing I'd want on my hands is injuring somebody because I didn't want to drive 25mph through an "unpopulated street"

and honestly, I enjoy driving quickly too, but you can't bag on senior citizens. You're gonna be old too one day, and you'll be saying the same thing to kids who don't hold doors and speed through residential streets.

Oh, and if you ever have kids, you'll for SURE yell at the mindless kid who's driving 15mph over the speed limit as you teach your kid how to ride a bike on what's supposed to be an empty street.
Old 06-01-09, 08:13 PM
Amini9
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by whoster
Sorry, but the last thing I'd want on my hands is injuring somebody because I didn't want to drive 25mph through an "unpopulated street"

and honestly, I enjoy driving quickly too, but you can't bag on senior citizens. You're gonna be old too one day, and you'll be saying the same thing to kids who don't hold doors and speed through residential streets.

Oh, and if you ever have kids, you'll for SURE yell at the mindless kid who's driving 15mph over the speed limit as you teach your kid how to ride a bike on what's supposed to be an empty street.
I understand all of that which was why i went the speedlimit after that incident until i got home.

I know ALL ^ of that is most likely going to happen to me, but I was just making sure I don't get screwed.
Old 06-01-09, 08:37 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

the old man can't do crap even if your going 100... you are straight in that regards. I got pulled over by neighbor (maybe he was cop) in residential area for me driving 35 on 25... he was like I have kids in the area, I was like okay, but then again I got pissed b/c I wasn't driving fast. I think this guy had power trip, or he didn't like a younger guy driving around the neighborhood in a newer Benz.
Old 06-01-09, 08:58 PM
Amini9
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by KILLERGS4
the old man can't do crap even if your going 100... you are straight in that regards. I got pulled over by neighbor (maybe he was cop) in residential area for me driving 35 on 25... he was like I have kids in the area, I was like okay, but then again I got pissed b/c I wasn't driving fast. I think this guy had power trip, or he didn't like a younger guy driving around the neighborhood in a newer Benz.
I've had dirty looks from people when they see me driving my dad or moms bimmer.

I remember a while back like 3 years ago, we got our brand new yukon xl denali, put magnaflows on it, it sounded SOO deep. We passed by some old guy walking, and he spit on our car. long story short, we know where he lives, and everytime we see him at starbucks, he gets scared.
Old 06-01-09, 09:28 PM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why do you have a vanity plate when you know you'll be concerned about people recognizing your car in certain situations?
Old 06-01-09, 09:35 PM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

lol dont worry. when my friends and I drive 30 mph in my gated community which used to be the speed limit (NOW 20 because of stupid kids) people wave their hands and scream lmao. We act like we just won a race and wave lmao. Stupid, yes but if only you lived here you would know what I am talking about. Same people who criticize do it themselves.
Old 06-02-09, 05:59 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Only in America is there such a lack of respect for the elderly, it shows where our next generation is heading and the lack of social values.

Quick Reply: Old Man yelled at me...