Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

TXSTYLE New Ride! Teaser Pics...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-09, 09:49 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice ride, no need to justify your purchase! You said you chose luxury, so in your opinion how does the 7 stack up against the MB S or the Lexus LS for luxury?
Old 06-08-09, 06:38 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by primecut
Nice ride, no need to justify your purchase! You said you chose luxury, so in your opinion how does the 7 stack up against the MB S or the Lexus LS for luxury?
Thanks for the vote of confidence bro. Although I don't feel or would justify my spending habits, I at least like to convey the thought process behind my purchase.
To answer your question... I have indeed driven a S550 and LS430L. The LS is hands down the most quiet and serene enviornment. The Benz has a style all it's own. It's solid feeling, plush and of course posh feeling (maybe due to the marque). The 7 for me isn't the most plush but it's damn comfy! But where it knocks down the competition is "actual driving dynamics". The car feels very planted to the road, it handles like a much smaller car, and the layout (dash) is simple and intuitive. It really is amazing the handling feeling a car of such size and heft has. It also has overall lines that IMO are classic. Meaning... Since 02, the overall silouette holds it's appeal quite well. The small cosmectic changes are actually much better than the 02-05 and it's actually more distinctive than the new 09' that I sat in and mulled over at the dealer.
I'm quite happy.
Oh and I will add that my dealer service experience has been phenominal and that goes a long way in my book!
Old 06-08-09, 06:55 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TXSTYLE
Thanks for the vote of confidence bro. Although I don't feel or would justify my spending habits, I at least like to convey the thought process behind my purchase.
To answer your question... I have indeed driven a S550 and LS430L. The LS is hands down the most quiet and serene enviornment. The Benz has a style all it's own. It's solid feeling, plush and of course posh feeling (maybe due to the marque). The 7 for me isn't the most plush but it's damn comfy! But where it knocks down the competition is "actual driving dynamics". The car feels very planted to the road, it handles like a much smaller car, and the layout (dash) is simple and intuitive. It really is amazing the handling feeling a car of such size and heft has. It also has overall lines that IMO are classic. Meaning... Since 02, the overall silouette holds it's appeal quite well. The small cosmectic changes are actually much better than the 02-05 and it's actually more distinctive than the new 09' that I sat in and mulled over at the dealer.
I'm quite happy.
Oh and I will add that my dealer service experience has been phenominal and that goes a long way in my book!
You are hooked on the 7 series I hear you on the service & dealer experience.. I feel the same way to the point that I have another UDM being built.. Enjoy that beautiful 7 my man!
Old 06-08-09, 07:41 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on the 7-Series , looking sharp.
Old 06-08-09, 08:24 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the new ride. My folks have a '08 750Li...it's a fantastic car to drive and has so much interior room! I'm not a fan of I-Drive, but it's definitely better than the COMAND system in my MB.

I may be in the minority, but I find the 7 series to be a sharp looking car (post-facelift). Nice choice on the interior color
Old 06-08-09, 09:22 AM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats on the new car.
Old 06-08-09, 10:58 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Congragulations. It's hard to beat the 7-series' combination of ride, comfort, and handling. If you're going to keep it past the 4-year mark with BMW's 4/50 warranty, consider extending the warranty. 7-series BMWs are generally not good for reliability, especially wih electronics....and BMW parts/service can be quite expensive.
Old 06-08-09, 11:04 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on a unique sports sedan!
Old 06-08-09, 11:06 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Yes. Marshall. Excellent point. This CPO car has a nice 100k or 2012 warranty which should do me fine. I seriously doubt I will keep her past then.
Old 06-08-09, 11:12 AM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Love the 7 great choice!!

Best color too.

Last edited by Chancellor; 06-08-09 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-08-09, 11:22 AM
P Weezy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That 7 is sexxyy! Cant wait for more pics
Old 06-08-09, 12:54 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

I am just curious, but did you buy basically the same kind of car and the same color and same generation, just a few years newer? Not that there is anything wrong with it, the 7 in white has presence, whether good or not. Just curious, but did you consider the a8? Seems like a great car not many consider
Old 06-08-09, 02:46 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrat's on the ride!! You made a fine choice, I especially like the color combination you have!!
Old 06-08-09, 04:43 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CHI2BFLO
I am just curious, but did you buy basically the same kind of car and the same color and same generation, just a few years newer? Not that there is anything wrong with it, the 7 in white has presence, whether good or not. Just curious, but did you consider the a8? Seems like a great car not many consider
I preffer the overall look of the 7 over the A8. I know no one with an Audi (not to say thats bad) so I could not get any opinions but I have many friends who owned or own BMW and raved about the product. I am added to that host of satisfied customers.
Old 06-08-09, 04:55 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Very nice, i would pick up a 7, but it would have to be a 2001 short wheelbase with the sports package haha

Quick Reply: TXSTYLE New Ride! Teaser Pics...