Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

BMW hands out flyers telling employees to buy BMW

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-09, 03:43 PM
FKL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

who cares. BMW is not "evil", they want their employees to buy their cars, so what. Leave it to the haters to make a mountain out of a mole hill.
Old 06-18-09, 04:14 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FKL
who cares. BMW is not "evil", they want their employees to buy their cars, so what. Leave it to the haters to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Old 06-18-09, 04:17 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Interesting sales plan...
Old 06-18-09, 05:18 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Och
Cars in Europe are so expensive because of taxes - they pretty much double the cost.

For instance in Russia a GS300 (yes, 300, not 350) starts at over 60k because of the taxes. But at the same time personal income tax tops out at 13%.
Are you telling me that the BMW Germany website quotes MSRPs to include sales tax without actually breaking out the tax?
Old 06-18-09, 07:48 PM
FKL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave600hL

[IMG]IMG]
Spare me. Do you have a folder of all these dumb pictures you post when you want to show your true colors? Either way, sad
Old 06-18-09, 07:55 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FKL
Spare me. Do you have a folder of all these dumb pictures you post when you want to show your true colors? Either way, sad
Yes I do as a matter of fact, how did you know? But ,I only show those true colors when ridiculus post like your are made. I any case , people must be haters then, comming from a hater himself?
Old 06-18-09, 08:11 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Knock it off the two of you ^^, or take it to pm.
Old 06-19-09, 06:14 AM
geko29
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 311 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Threxx
Are you telling me that the BMW Germany website quotes MSRPs to include sales tax without actually breaking out the tax?
That wouldn't surprise me, honestly. Most European vendors list prices as including VAT. I've ordered DVDs from overseas on several occasions, and the checkout price after entering my delivery address was SUBSTANTIALLY cheaper than the price listed on the site when I added the item to my cart--because I don't have to pay the tax. I'm not saying that it's a guarantee that BMW includes VAT, but they probably do.

Back on topic, at least employees aren't damaging or destroying cars made in other countries, like happens here. Their unions apparently aren't quite as lame as ours.
Old 06-19-09, 07:32 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I remember a few years back some guy posted a picture of a Toyota plant in Japan fill with 99% Toyota. Now thats company pride for you.
Old 06-19-09, 08:54 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

They probably WERE buying BMW vehicles......until Chris Bangle and I-Drive came along.
Old 06-19-09, 08:58 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Faymester
Maybe employee wants a big CUSHY boat ... and drives an old Cadillac Fleetwood to get said ride
A good point. Auto designers today, with a couple of rare exceptions like the non-AMG Mercedes S-class and Buick Lucerne, have pretty much forgotten those who like a cushy ride. I have made numerous posts on this matter. Even Cadillacs no longer have what I would call a cushy ride....and Buicks may soon follow. But BMW, to its credit, at least still does an outstanding job of combining ride and handling......probably the best of any manufacturer.
Old 06-19-09, 09:29 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
A good point. Auto designers today, with a couple of rare exceptions like the non-AMG Mercedes S-class and Buick Lucerne, have pretty much forgotten those who like a cushy ride. I have made numerous posts on this matter. Even Cadillacs no longer have what I would call a cushy ride....and Buicks may soon follow. But BMW, to its credit, at least still does an outstanding job of combining ride and handling......probably the best of any manufacturer.
Maybe if and when they do, they'll broaden their base of potential buyers.
Old 06-19-09, 09:33 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

I wanted to mention I read about Ford doing something similar several years ago. It wasn't worded nearly as negatively... something about how if Ford didn't make a vehicle they liked enough to buy for their own personal use then they wanted to hear about why that was.

Ford also has parking lots closer to the buildings where people work reserved for employees who drive Fords, and then a parking lot further out for non-Ford driving employees.

I think it's FAR more reasonable for Ford to put some pressure on their employees about this sort of thing though considering with their employee discount involved there are very good Ford vehicles available to those employees brand new for as little as 10-12 grand.
Old 06-19-09, 10:12 AM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At the Toyota NA headquarter here in Torrance, CA, it's difficult to spot any none Toyota/Lexus/Scion vehicles in the parking lot.
Old 06-19-09, 10:26 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

my money i can buy whatever I want. Company can hire/fire whoever they want also, but are they willing to lose very skilled and experienced employees over what car they drove? Their call.

Quick Reply: BMW hands out flyers telling employees to buy BMW